Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    markas214 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellin
    accurate. I just don't like the way many of you make generalizations about people you don't know, from places you have never been. Being disappointed, is not a valid reason for demonstrating such fervid ethnocentricity....in fact, there is nothing that can validate such a position.
    Take it easy guys...stop name calling ...it certainly doesn't help your position, or make you look any smarter.
    I lived in Louisian in 1981 and was in Mississippi with friends several times. Many of the Cajuns were inbred and illiterate fools. The educational system in Mississippi is a joke. I know there is a large black population as well but they vote Democrat although equally illiterate. You are right though about Bush's election being disappointing for us with IQs above 100. Unfortunately we can't fall for the "they'll take away your guns" propaganda.

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by markas214
    I lived in Louisian in 1981 and was in Mississippi with friends several times. Many of the Cajuns were inbred and illiterate fools. The educational system in Mississippi is a joke. I know there is a large black population as well but they vote Democrat although equally illiterate. You are right though about Bush's election being disappointing for us with IQs above 100. Unfortunately we can't fall for the "they'll take away your guns" propaganda.
    yes it is a shame eveyrone fell into the stupid propaganda put up by bush, notice how now the news has shifted after the election and is showing all the bad crap going on? cnn is gonna have a special on how the world really veiws america.

and just so everyone knows i have traveled also. im 24 and have visited about 25 of the states of the union

Swellin Guest
    Sorry Markas, but you are doing it again...stating that all of you with an IQ over 100 were disappointed with the election. You couldn't be more wrong in that silly ass remark. Many of us with IQ's in excess of 100 were and are quite thrilled with the election results.

As for the "they'll take away our guns propoganda," the plan that Kerry was and is backing to replace the AWB will actually outlaw the firearm he so proudly displayed after his "hunt for the cameras." No evil black gun, simply a semi-auto shotgun.

On another note, does an enjoyment of firearms mean that the individual is beneath your 100 IQ level? I certainly hope not.

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    Sorry to burst your bubble but the "Mother of all Folklore Research" indicates this is bullsh*t. Here you go dont take my word take the word of the professionals.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/ballot/stateiq.asp

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by markas214

dude....are you required to wear a helmet when you leave your house?

if not you might want to give it a try.......

samoth is offline Member
    The variance in IQ is way too high. They really should have made it a little more believable.

It wouldn't be too hard to calculate the expected variance for each state with a little (reliable) information. Actually, assuming the normal curve a close approximation, you wouldn't even need to have any samples as long as you had population numbers.

Is this the chart that approximates IQ from SAT scores approximated from ACT scores? I don't know anything about the IQ-SAT correlation, but the SAT-ACT correlation isn't very high. The error introduced pretty much nullifies the results.

"If you torture your data long enough, it will confess."

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by samoth
    The variance in IQ is way too high. They really should have made it a little more believable.
    For sure...i mean, the standard deviation here is 15, correct? I can't imagine that a state would, on average, be nearly an *entire* SD above the norm. That would be INSANE.

samoth is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    For sure...i mean, the standard deviation here is 15, correct? I can't imagine that a state would, on average, be nearly an *entire* SD above the norm. That would be INSANE.
    The data they gave us does not approximate the normal curve. So using SD=15 means nothing here. If we were to gather data that resembled the normal curve, then we could imply a SD of 15.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information