Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    hoss827 is offline Banned

How effective is a punch to the throat...?

Just curious . I know this is a very useful technique for self-defense and stopping someone quickly in their tracks. Without air, one cannot fight...But I was wondering, how hard should you REALLY hit someone to stop them from attacking....I guess i'm afraid if I hit someone in the throat TOO HARD, then i'll kill them...

Catamount is offline Associate Member
    Man if you hit too hard you can collapse the trachea and yeah they would die.

bestbod85 is offline Banned
    hiting to the throat is very dangerouse you should never do this hard because if he dies or has permanent damage you will be charged with assault and/or the use of excessive force best bet grab his thoat hard ....dont grip hard and throw him to the ground ... this will stop them and very low risk of seriouse injury

Wouldn't I be charged with murder though....? Even thought it's in self-defense, wouldn't it be murder? :/

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    try the solar plexus. people drop like sacs o' potatoes when hit there.

Swellin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hoss827
    Wouldn't I be charged with murder though....? Even thought it's in self-defense, wouldn't it be murder? :/
    Accidental is manslaughter.

Hmm...I'm a juvenile....what's the penalty for manslaughter? Anyone know...? If they tried me as an adult that may be even worse...

BDTR is offline Retired
    Take your knuckle and protrude it, hit him in the eyeball. Be careful, you knock someones eyeball out its mayhem, i went to prison for it and its not an easy charge.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    why are you always talking about and getting into fights ?? are you not man enough to walk away ??

BDTR is offline Retired
    I'm not man enough to walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    why are you always talking about and getting into fights ?? are you not man enough to walk away ??

hercules88 is offline Senior Member

yes it would be murder if you did it but if he attacked you and you did it in self defense you might be able to get off if he is not severly injured.

Quote Originally Posted by swellin
    Accidental is manslaughter.
    thats BS
    you can still intend to kill someone and only be charged with manslaughter. it does not have to be accidental.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    yeah but you're ugly. you gotta fight so you can pick up chicks.

BDTR is offline Retired
    You got me there.

Hmm...I'm a juvenile....what's the penalty for manslaughter? Anyone know...? If they tried me as an adult that may be even worse...

all depends on the circumstances. bt you might be looking at around 15 - 25 years give or take. also depends on how good your lawyer is. if you have any questions about the legalities of self defense shoot me a pm.

No...I do walk away! I think that may be the problem though...I think they see it as a challenge? Or they're on some big ****ing ego trip...because they NEVER lay off. This is the third one this year!! The first was for something dumb, the second I was helpin a guy out (saved his **** life too, (not me directly, but i caused a big part of it) And now this guy is pissed because im like good friends with his gf...I've walked away from all this year except the dsecond one, i dunno what it is about me...

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Yes but you are also, by your own admission, both a terrible person and a deranged lunatic. Should Kamakaze pilots give advice to average people?

People that are always getting onto fights may think their behaviour has nothing to do with it, but I would beg to differ. If you really want to avoid fights, it is VERY easy to do so, but you might wind up looking like and feeling like a pussy. Learn from AR's very own menace to society, bdtr......at least he admits that his personality/attitude is the very reason he gets into fights.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Good point

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    Hoss are you talking about that kid that ur friends with his girl... Listen, teach this kid a fcuking lesson... Man, just next time you see this kid, just start pounding him and don't stop till he starts to cry, i wouldn't go for the throat... just go with what works, beat his fcuking ass!!!!! Just don't get into any trouble while in school, I wouldn't be able to live with that... If you do, always act calm... but teach this guy a ****ing lesson bro...

I have started one fight my entire life, but have been in MANY fights... **** just happens sometimes... Better to be prepared then to get your ass kicked... Yes attitude has alot to do with it, I find drunks, and people with "little man syndrom" are the ones with the most to prove...

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    If you punch someone in the throat and it crushes punching them in the belly might send whatever air they have up and sort of reinflate it .

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    .DQ.
    Last edited by ripped4fsu; 12-15-2003 at 06:07 PM.

Duct Tape is offline Associate Member
    Do what I told you Bro. Walk up cool and calm and put some decisive straight punches to his nose. Just walk right up and freaking unleash on this guy. No pushing no name calling no chest pounding. He's standing at his locker, you walk right up and unload out of nowhere, beat him to a pulp, and be done with it. Let him know if he ever even looks at you again you will kill him (with a punch to the throat maybe?) Don't worry about other kids saying you sucker punched him, the rumors will spread that you kicked his ass and the suckerpunch won't be mentioned.

In 3rd grade I was being bullied at the water fountain by a fifth grader. I doubled my fist and spun around with a haymaker that opened up a river of blood from his nose. I later learned the kid lived around the block from me, he could have kicked my ass any day but he knew, Bullies know violence and when you fight them they will respect you.

lloyd_cannon is offline Associate Member
    either do what Duct Tape says or just hit im in the solar plexus first like I said bfore in your other thread then try to examine the back of his skull with your fist.
    suprise will be your best ally If you can work up to getting pissed and get the adrenaline going you have the advantage I took down a bully on the bus in middleschool (he had to of been 40 lbs heavier but was an insecure puss) because he never expected a little **** like me to tackle him and whale on him. There is a point though to when you lose it too much you quit trying to connect you just swing madly try to avoid that by keeping your eyes on the target and using jab like punches not roundhouse haymaker type.

I don't think it is too bad of a character flaw to not be man enough to walk away after all it is survival of the fittest.

good luck

P.S. just beat his ass tommorow because talk is cheap and you get too much **** floating around in your head about how to fight you can't do it well. So as the great goddes Nike once said in her marketing campaign "just do it"

Great goddess Nike.... I wanna unload on this asshole. I figure I should go and smack jamie right in her ass in front of him. . That'll get him pissed off enough to where he won't be able to fight well. Y a lose your temper, ya lose the match IMO. But it can b e used to your advantage however.

I just thought of this, I hope you really like this chick... and i hope she really likes you, cause i've been in a similar situation where, The outcome was a pretty bad ass whooping for her asshole friend and she didn't even stay with me she went with the bozo, made me out to be some bully when i (thought) we were on the same side?

stupid ****ing games...

Yeah....Girl's can do that....Not all of em, but some of em are just ridiculous man.

Bartleby is offline Member
    personally i would just walk away bro, fighting doesnt solve anythign and youll regret it when its over...but if it does come to it def dont punch him in the throat bro that could cause some legal problems, i would do what was stated above and just beat the kids ass....

Bartleby is offline Member
    oh yeah one other thing bro you said youre friends with this kids girlfriend which is fine and he should get over it, but I have a girl too and whenever I go visit her at her school this kid comes up and puts his arm around her and sh*t and he knows im her bf and I wanna kick this kids ass...if youre just frineds and not intentionally tryin to get to this kid then by all means youre right, just dont do this and if you are you shouldnt be its not cool....

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Never start a fight, but never back down from one.. is what i always say. Chances are you aren't strong enough to kill him with a shot the throat. the lower part is the stronger part, so if you aim there you've got extra insurance.

Devourer is offline Senior Member
    if you can hit the guy in the throat. just dont tell the cops. you arent a trained fighter? so they dont expect you to have the utmost accuracy. i got in a fight the other night and i beat this guy for at least 5 minutes. which is a ridiclously long time to be in a fight. i busted my hand up real good. anyway i like to think im not weak but i hit him at least thirty times and he was still taking it. in hindsight i would have hit him in the throat. dont walk up and start it though. let him come back to you. and be honestly ready to hit him. if he notices the change in posture he might just walk away himself.

Shot to the throat is what I think will happen. However he hasn't threatened me for a day! Whoo! But Jamie had knee surgery in indianapolis today, and I sent her a teddy bear with a get well soon card on it.... But I planned this before the whole thing started between me and him. I have a grandma that works at the hospital as a nurse, and she promised to deliever it to me. I bet this will set the a-hole into a frenzy. If he comes at me i'll givem a punch to the throat. Or I could call up BDTR and pay him to give the guy a scare . Or I could see about gettin the bro's of AR to send threatening emails and pics of themselves to make the guy piss himself...:rofllol: <----- The last two statements were jokes guys, jus tthought i'd try to make a lil humor hehe.

Oh and by the way, if this guys knows anything about self defence, and knows even a basic defensive stance, you will never be able to land a punch in his throat or groin...

Be carefull out there bro... there are more important things in life than chicks and reps...

Red

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    Oh and by the way, if this guys knows anything about self defence, and knows even a basic defensive stance, you will never be able to land a punch in his throat or groin...

Be carefull out there bro... there are more important things in life than chicks and reps...

Red
    Good point Red, but I think hoss would have mentioned if they guy had any known fighting skills because it sounds like he knows the guy reasonably well.

He does practice boxing and such, but when he gets mad he forgets all about that. I've never seen him fight using boxing skills, just his anger.

Good news, he will be gone at the end of this semester because he has gotten into so much trouble here, so the fight may not happen

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    just hold your hand open, tuck your thumb kinda underneath your pointer finger and then chop them in the throat with the side of your hand, this will just take them down...btw I have been hit in the throat and there isnt **** you can do at the time when you cant breathe

Yeah, a knifehand to the throat is pretty effective. This kid has a big adams apple, so it'll be hard to miss if this happens.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Dude aren't you 15? Just sock him in the nose, i see no need to play mortal kombat at your age.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Dude aren't you 15? Just sock him in the nose, i see no need to play mortal kombat at your age.
    unless of course it's saturday, your bored, and the only system you have working is your old genesis.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information