Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: letter to bush

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrizz
    i believe in the bible and if you try to live by it you will be a good person.
    why cant you be a good person with out the bible? why dont you give yourself credit for making the right choices in life? i think your not giving yourself the credit you deserve, if your a good person honestly, its because you have good thoughts, and if your a good person cause the bible tells you to, your only being good caue your scared, which god will see right threw in the end.

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcstomper
    why cant you be a good person with out the bible? why dont you give yourself credit for making the right choices in life? i think your not giving yourself the credit you deserve, if your a good person honestly, its because you have good thoughts, and if your a good person cause the bible tells you to, your only being good caue your scared, which god will see right threw in the end.
    hmm good point..

here ya go people, all i ask is that you read it with a open mind. and just to let everyone know, I AM NOT A ATHEIST. I AM AGNOSTIC. two completly differant things, i belive in a god or creator, i just dont believe in organized religion cause its all man made no matter where you look. i dont know what happens when you die, or any of that stuff. and the only way you find out is when you die, or before your born. last i have checked i havent talked to any dead or unborn fetus's. so how on eartch could any human know what happens? again im not a atheist im a agnostic. ive studied all religions with a open mind and that is what i ended up being cause i saw all the contradictions and flaws in every one of them, again cause they are all MAN MADE

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/pascal-wager/

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    here ya go people, all i ask is that you read it with a open mind. and just to let everyone know, I AM NOT A ATHEIST. I AM AGNOSTIC. two completly differant things, i belive in a god or creator, i just dont believe in organized religion cause its all man made no matter where you look. i dont know what happens when you die, or any of that stuff. and the only way you find out is when you die, or before your born. last i have checked i havent talked to any dead or unborn fetus's. so how on eartch could any human know what happens? again im not a atheist im a agnostic. ive studied all religions with a open mind and that is what i ended up being cause i saw all the contradictions and flaws in every one of them, again cause they are all MAN MADE

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/pascal-wager/

i am agnostic also.. organized religion is too biased and hypocrytical

Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    hmm good point..
    i know its a good point, so many people believe in god or religion cause they are scared not to. now honestly, dont you think your all knowing god will see right threw that persons BS? he can create anything but will be fooled by someone lying? i dont think so, thats why pascals wager is such a good read. again i figure just be a honestly good person and help when people need it and stuff like that and youll be fine, if there is a good he'll be happy you were a honestly good person, and if it ends up that there isnt a god youll be the same as everyone else

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    i believe you can be a good person without the bible too and still get into heaven. but i believe you can follow the bible and be a good person you can get into heaven. what i am trying to say is i think the bible is a good reference for life but certain parts are obviosly outdated, like gay marriage and slavery.. but you cant ammend the bible like the constitution.. if it doesnt make sence let me know im very tired

i believe you can be a good person without the bible too and still get into heaven. but i believe you can follow the bible and be a good person you can get into heaven. what i am trying to say is i think the bible is a good reference for life but certain parts are obviosly outdated, like gay marriage and slavery.. but you cant ammend the bible like the constitution.. if it doesnt make sence let me know im very tired
    no i understand, i think you have the same thought bout it i do, yes it is good for some values to use today, thats about it.

Peanut Butter is offline Associate Member
    . but i believe you can follow the bible and be a good person
    Well I agree with that. Some of the principles are good, but fear induced faith doesn't work for me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut Butter
    Well I agree with that. Some of the principles are good, but fear induced faith doesn't work for me personally.
    kinda like fear induced voting

kinda like fear induced voting

i try

jimmyivory is offline Junior Member
    The Bible is a tool like a hammer. It can be used for good or bad depending on who's using it, ie quoting verse x or verse y to "prove their point." I don't think the Bible was meant to be taken literally but used as a guide and if you follow it roughly then you'll probably be a "good member of society."

I thought agnostic meant you weren't sure. I was very Catholic and eventually ended up kind of throwing up my hands and giving up, now I just don't really think about any supreme being.

I don't think just because you're religious you're not taking credit for what you do. I was always real confident that God wasn't the one who won that game for me, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyivory
    The Bible is a tool like a hammer. It can be used for good or bad depending on who's using it, ie quoting verse x or verse y to "prove their point." I don't think the Bible was meant to be taken literally but used as a guide and if you follow it roughly then you'll probably be a "good member of society."

I thought agnostic meant you weren't sure. I was very Catholic and eventually ended up kind of throwing up my hands and giving up, now I just don't really think about any supreme being.

I don't think just because you're religious you're not taking credit for what you do. I was always real confident that God wasn't the one who won that game for me, etc...
    agnostic just means you beleive in a creator or god and thats it. and i dont think just being religious your not getting credit, but i hate when people give evey ounce of credit for anything good in there lives to god or praying. these people need to give themselves credit and it will inturn make them a stronger person emotionally, after a while they'll be able to look at religion as what it is A CRUTCH!

mushroomstampr is offline Associate Member
    Back to the opening of the thread I think that God and the Bible and religion can be debated until the sun goes supernova and we're all wiped out of the galaxy. However, I believe there was a quote somewhere that mentioned a SEPERATION OF CHURCH AND STATE. Maybe somebody should tell Bush about that one, because I would bet cash with anybody that after this election there will be more politicians who follow his bullish with trying to get the religious vote.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Dang.. I thought GW was a evangelical christian... not jewish.. for what you quote is jewish law...

ask a rabi.. they would have that information..

My letter is...

Dear president Bush.........

Good Job..

Love ya.......

59,000,000 Americans (thanks to JCStomper)
    Last edited by spywizard; 11-16-2004 at 11:55 AM.
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Quote Originally Posted by mushroomstampr
    Back to the opening of the thread I think that God and the Bible and religion can be debated until the sun goes supernova and we're all wiped out of the galaxy. However, I believe there was a quote somewhere that mentioned a SEPERATION OF CHURCH AND STATE. Maybe somebody should tell Bush about that one, because I would bet cash with anybody that after this election there will be more politicians who follow his bullish with trying to get the religious vote.
    tell me about it, our country is run by a religious right at this point in history. just wait and see how much **** changes in the next 4 years. and they wonder why every other religion hates our country, maybe because bush tries to force his beleifs onto all of them

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    Dang.. I thought GW was a evangelical christian... not jewish.. for what you quote is jewish law...

ask a rabi.. they would have that information..

My letter is...

Dear president Bush.........

Good Job..

Love ya.......

56,000,000 Americans
    im it was 59,000,000 get your facts right
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails letter to bush-bush_mirror_small.jpg  

marlin444 is offline Associate Member
    Well the bible sais you can have slaves. Real nice God.
    You’re honestly a ****ing moron peanut butter. God didn’t write the book of Leviticus. I myself have not read the whole bible, but it was not meant to be read in 100% literal sense. Take what you can from it and ignore what you want. At the time the book of Leviticus was written, it was ok to have slaves. Leviticus was writing about slavery, as it was ok in that present time. Abortion is ok in this present time, and I myself feel that it should be ok. But 2000 years from now people might look back and be baffled at just the thought of abortion. Do you see what I'm saying? Times changed, and if you have the nerve to put down another persons faith, at least know what the **** your talking about. I haven’t met one Christian with a slave lol. Or one Christian who has thought it was alright to stone someone to death. TIMES CHANGE YOU ****ING JACKASS. Christians believe that only SOME of the books were inspired by god. There’s always gunna be the crazy fundamentalist, in every religion. They in my opinion take sh*t too far. But at this time I hope you get my point. Religion wasn’t started to make you miserable bro. Get over yourself

mushroomstampr is offline Associate Member
    yeah and speaking of history how bout some of you guys blow the dust off those old history books and speak on what happens when the line starts to blur between religion and government. Now I'm a pretty independant person and I'm not saying all of a sudden Bush is going to instill ritual killings or re-name himself Supreme Being and say he was ordained by God to rule or whatever. On the other hand watch what's going on, his cabinet is leaving, religious extremists are attacking us, and SO MANY people who are more-educated than me or most of the people here are all pointing fingers at Bush. That's the best when these people who are published and respected in the academic community are sayin all these reasons why Bush sucks and then some republican guy from the house of reps says he's wrong.
    P.S. for the record I don't like michael moore and i don't agree with him because he's just another fat liberal pu$$y.

marlin444 is offline Associate Member
    im it was 59,000,000 get your facts right
    lolololol nice attachment

Quote Originally Posted by marlin444
    You’re honestly a ****ing moron peanut butter. God didn’t write the book of Leviticus. I myself have not read the whole bible, but it was not meant to be read in 100% literal sense. Take what you can from it and ignore what you want. At the time the book of Leviticus was written, it was ok to have slaves. Leviticus was writing about slavery, as it was ok in that present time. Abortion is ok in this present time, and I myself feel that it should be ok. But 2000 years from now people might look back and be baffled at just the thought of abortion. Do you see what I'm saying? Times changed, and if you have the nerve to put down another persons faith, at least know what the **** your talking about. I haven’t met one Christian with a slave lol. Or one Christian who has thought it was alright to stone someone to death. TIMES CHANGE YOU ****ING JACKASS. Christians believe that only SOME of the books were inspired by god. There’s always gunna be the crazy fundamentalist, in every religion. They in my opinion take sh*t too far. But at this time I hope you get my point. Religion wasn’t started to make you miserable bro. Get over yourself
    ok, so you believe the same god that burned Sodom and Gammorah adjusts to American public opinion. Wow, cool God you got there. Does he like Marylin Manson?

ok, so you believe the same god that burned Sodom and Gammorah adjusts to American public opinion. Wow, cool God you got there. Does he like Marylin Manson?
    owned

Quote Originally Posted by mushroomstampr
    yeah and speaking of history how bout some of you guys blow the dust off those old history books and speak on what happens when the line starts to blur between religion and government. Now I'm a pretty independant person and I'm not saying all of a sudden Bush is going to instill ritual killings or re-name himself Supreme Being and say he was ordained by God to rule or whatever. On the other hand watch what's going on, his cabinet is leaving, religious extremists are attacking us, and SO MANY people who are more-educated than me or most of the people here are all pointing fingers at Bush. That's the best when these people who are published and respected in the academic community are sayin all these reasons why Bush sucks and then some republican guy from the house of reps says he's wrong.
    P.S. for the record I don't like michael moore and i don't agree with him because he's just another fat liberal pu$$y.
    exactly, its kinda troubling when everyone is leaving and just doesnt even wanna be part of the bush government. everyone is starting to point fingers and as in rome all roads lead to bush

just think about all the resignations

wouldnt ya know that they are all leaders of the area's that bush is f-cking up?

education, envoirment, world policy, and from what they are saying tom ridge might quit from home land security

owned
    It only looks easy because it is. I guess God changed his point of view on slavery in 1865. I just thought of something.

Pre-civil war slave states voted for Bush
    Bible endorses slavery
    Bush's #1 attribute is his christian values

hmmmmmm. Makes ya think.
    Not insinuating anything of course.

It only looks easy because it is. I guess God changed his point of view on slavery in 1865. I just thought of something.

Pre-civil war slave states voted for Bush
    Bible endorses slavery
    Bush's #1 attribute is his christian values

hmmmmmm. Makes ya think.
    Not insinuating anything of course.
    na your not saying that most of america is a racist whit run country?

na we wouldnt want to do that lol we dont insinuate lol

did you know that bush wasnt even born in texas?

did you know that bush wasnt even born in texas?
    I didn't know that.

I didn't know that.
    he was born in conneticut. yeah he's a good ol boy all right lol.

http://americanassembler.com

i guess these are all lies too as every pro bush person wants to say lol

http://www.house.gov/appropriations_...ughtonfilm.htm

Surferboy is offline Associate Member
    As much as I would like to believe it, religion is not for everyone. I am a devoted christian. I sin like anyone else, but look to God for forgiveness. In reference to what JC stated above, being a christian makes me happier, and I believe it makes me a better person, but not everyone feels that way. Do I think you can get to heaven without God, no way. But do I feel like someone can be a good hearted, hard working decent human being without religion, yes. It's all about what's inside. If you have the drive and motivation to be better, you can. It's just that some of our motivation lies in a thing called faith. And that's where we differ. Faith lets me KNOW that there is a life after death, and it takes place in heaven. 100 different people can interpret the Bible 100 different ways, but I know how my family, friends and myself understand it, and that's all that matters to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Surferboy
    As much as I would like to believe it, religion is not for everyone. I am a devoted christian. I sin like anyone else, but look to God for forgiveness. In reference to what JC stated above, being a christian makes me happier, and I believe it makes me a better person, but not everyone feels that way. Do I think you can get to heaven without God, no way. But do I feel like someone can be a good hearted, hard working decent human being without religion, yes. It's all about what's inside. If you have the drive and motivation to be better, you can. It's just that some of our motivation lies in a thing called faith. And that's where we differ. Faith lets me KNOW that there is a life after death, and it takes place in heaven. 100 different people can interpret the Bible 100 different ways, but I know how my family, friends and myself understand it, and that's all that matters to me.
    i hope there is a after life also. i dont you undestood what i was sayin

Gorgoroth_ is offline Associate Member
    and if you wanna ask if ive read it, yes ive read it, along with every other **** religious book, i was actually at one point in my life going to work at the local church, untill i opened my eyes one day and realized how much of a mind control system it is..

Hmm... every other religious book ? Perhaps we could sit down and compare nihilism with Luciferism ( true luciferism at that , not that Anton LeVay **** ) or perhaps ancient middle east cults and european paganism ?

Most of the " morals " instilled in us from an early age have their roots in judaic/christain tenets... I think it would be interesting if all these judaic christain themes could be removed from the earth just for one day...

" Morals " are derieved from religion... keep in mind... I am not attempting to defend the " church " - I am not fond of the church , infact i'll go out on a limb and confess that I harbor hate for the church - and I think God would not be pleased with it either seeing how it has been a tool of sin weilded by man throughout the ages.... also.. keep in mind jesus was not " organized " - he did not go around building cathedrals and forcefully converting people . Man has perverted christainity as he perverts everything within his grasps.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    The bible is possibly the dumbest book I ever read. Everyone of those verses are as stated. Christians are truly people afraid to think for themselves.
    first of all little man - might want to take care when you start casting aspersions - I am a Christian and I can assure you, I can think for myself - and more than that - I can SPEAK for you - and will do so if you make such stupid statements in the future - Stephen Hawkings (also a Christian) might also take a bit of umbrage at your particularly bigoted idiocy

flexin-rph is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CYCLEON
    first of all little man - might want to take care when you start casting aspersions - I am a Christian and I can assure you, I can think for myself - and more than that - I can SPEAK for you - and will do so if you make such stupid statements in the future - Stephen Hawkings (also a Christian) might also take a bit of umbrage at your particularly bigoted idiocy
    Amen, brother! Preach it!

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    I AM NOT A ATHEIST. I AM AGNOSTIC.
    Same here...and I pretty much agree with everything you've said in this thread.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information