Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: letter to bush

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member

letter to bush

Dear President Bush,

Congratulations on your election victory and for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from you and understand why you would
    propose and support a constitutional amendment banning same sex marriage. As you said "in the eyes of God marriage is based between a man and a woman." I try to
    share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22
    clearly states it to be an abomination... End of debate.

However, I do need some advice from you regarding some other elements of God's Laws and how best to follow them.

1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies
    to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanness - Lev.15:19-24. The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking,
    but most women take offense.

4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing
    to them. Should I smite them?

5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2. clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I
    ask the police to do it?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev.11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?
    Are there 'degrees' of abomination?

7. Lev.21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or
    is there some wiggle-room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev.19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread
    (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them?
    Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us
    that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

what? you guys dont apreciate the sarcasm and the smart ass intent? hahaha

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    D@mn, I didn't realize that Bush wrote the Bible????

Learn something new every day....

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    As you said "in the eyes of God marriage is based between a man and a woman."
    Did he really , actually say that? I don't really doubt that he believes it, but I know his handlers are pretty strict in how they 'let' him work his faith into his speeches and interviews. I've admittedly only heard him speak a few times on gay marriage even tangentially, and he never quite took it to that level when I heard him. Again, it wouldn't exactly surprise me, but I am curious as to whether he actually said it or it's convenient for sake of argument to assume he did.

Either way, it is scary how selective individuals can be in their convenient faith....

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    I believe in God and Jesus Christ

decadbal is offline Banned
    find that those denim jeans make my ass look big, to big, in comparison to my thighs which ar fine.

Way to hijack Decadbal

well i had nothing really to put in, so i just went my own way..lol

So whatcha been up To Deca ?

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    So whatcha been up To Deca?
    phuck off man. pm him if you want to chit chat.

I fail to see the humour in your post...
    Last edited by *Narkissos*; 11-15-2004 at 11:24 AM.

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    very clever hung.... I voted for Bush but will refrain from any attempts to argue or rebutt due to your clever sarcasm!!! hahahaha (plus im not to updated in the political controveries either)

Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    what? you guys dont apreciate the sarcasm and the smart ass intent? hahaha
    i always apprechiate that...its what i live for

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    i always apprechiate that...its what i live for
    me too! regardless of who it is

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyHitter
    very clever hung.... I voted for Bush but will refrain from any attempts to argue or rebutt due to your clever sarcasm!!! hahahaha (plus im not to updated in the political controveries either)
    i am a straight line republican until this election.. hell his whole cabinate is leaving office. doesnt that tell you something?? if not you need to back to school. this statement wasnt directed just to you heavy hitter. thanx for the reply bro

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    Did he really , actually say that? I don't really doubt that he believes it, but I know his handlers are pretty strict in how they 'let' him work his faith into his speeches and interviews. I've admittedly only heard him speak a few times on gay marriage even tangentially, and he never quite took it to that level when I heard him. Again, it wouldn't exactly surprise me, but I am curious as to whether he actually said it or it's convenient for sake of argument to assume he did.

Either way, it is scary how selective individuals can be in their convenient faith....

Did he not say something like that in the second debate with Kerry? I thought he did but i could be wrong.

I know for fact i have heard him say, Marriage is a sanction between a man and a woman. but i can't recall if he used a bible reference.. im sure he did.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Great post Hung..i don't really think there is anything to debate.

Bush clings to the bible like it's the last piece of shiet paper

Quote Originally Posted by BigMike J
    Great post Hung..i don't really think there is anything to debate.

Bush clings to the bible like it's the last piece of shiet paper
    of course he does thats where most of his votes come from. he will ride that horse until it dies.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMike J
    Did he not say something like that in the second debate with Kerry? I thought he did but i could be wrong.

I know for fact i have heard him say, Marriage is a sanction between a man and a woman. but i can't recall if he used a bible reference.. im sure he did.
    third debate actually...

But as we respect someone's rights, and as we profess tolerance, we shouldn't change -- or have to change -- our basic views on the sanctity of marriage. I believe in the sanctity of marriage. I think it's very important that we protect marriage as an institution, between a man and a woman.
    I proposed a constitutional amendment. The reason I did so was because I was worried that activist judges are actually defining the definition of marriage, and the surest way to protect marriage between a man and woman is to amend the Constitution.
    so tell me, why does Bush think amending the constitution will protect marriages? It won't! People who wish to get married do, if their marriage fails it's not because the constitution needs amending. wtf is he wasting his time with this for?
    Last edited by symatech; 11-15-2004 at 12:32 PM.

mfenske is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    third debate actually...

so tell me, why does Bush think amending the constitution will protect marriages? It won't! People who wish to get married do, if their marriage fails it's not because the constitution needs amending. wtf is he wasting his time with this for?
    To divert attention to his lackluster performance of course. Mark

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    May god have mercy on your souls. Sinners.

marlin444 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    i dont think that hung ment to put down the bible bermich.... he was pointing out the fact that things in the bible werent meant to be taken in thier literal tense. after all they were written 2000 years ago, in a different language. now picture the time gap and the language gap. ever play telephone?

Tallon484 is offline Junior Member
    Didn't you here? Bush is a decendant of Jesus.
    You got to stick to your roots.

Quote Originally Posted by bermich

Peanut Butter is offline Associate Member
    The bible is possibly the dumbest book I ever read. Everyone of those verses are as stated. Christians are truly people afraid to think for themselves.

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut Butter
    The bible is possibly the dumbest book I ever read. Everyone of those verses are as stated. Christians are truly people afraid to think for themselves.

oh dam.. u just started a shi.t storm..

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    oh dam.. u just started a shi.t storm..
    Well it's true. Their answer to everything is "its in the bible". So I guess when Jesus said if a thief steals your coat offer him your shirt as well, or forgive a man 7 times 77 times because most bible thumpers are gun owners. Go figure. Guess they select which parts they want to follow.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    religion is so confusing and contradicting. We need a new one like when people tried to get everyone speaking esperanto.

Now that you have insulted those of us here that honor the bible, and attempt to live our life by it, maybe you can tell us by which model you live your life by

In order to put this information in context, how old are you?

Surferboy is offline Associate Member
    I agree Bigen. PB, have you actually read the Bible?! If you have read the whole thing, then something must have intrigued you, and if you haven't don't talk crap about something you probably know nothing about.

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Surferboy
    I agree Bigen. PB, have you actually read the Bible?! If you have read the whole thing, then something must have intrigued you, and if you haven't don't talk crap about something you probably know nothing about.
    i live my life by my own rules and they have been made from the values instilled in my by my family, common sense, thinking about the other person, and my concense (sp?), sure the bibles great for values about being a good person but thats about it. and if you wanna ask if ive read it, yes ive read it, along with every other **** religious book, i was actually at one point in my life going to work at the local church, untill i opened my eyes one day and realized how much of a mind control system it is. anyone wanting to talk religion, id love to. its fun as hell. my family is a bunch of bible thumpers and i see how much it holds them back in life. my mom has a low self esteem but she loves to say everything that is good in her live is cause of god or jesus... i tell her if she'd give herself the **** credit cause she's the one that has done the good things then she'd have a hell of alot better self esteem.

i hate when poeple dont give credit to where credit is due. she says im doing good in life cause she prays, i say im doing good in life cause im not a slacker and i apply myself.
    Last edited by jcstomper; 11-16-2004 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcstomper

i hate when poeple dont give credit to where credit is due. she says im doing good in life cause she prays, i say im doing good in life cause im not a slacker and i apply myself.
    Could it be that you apply yourself, because she prays for you? Just Joking

But I think you agree with me in that you apply yourself, because of the way that you were raised, by your "bible thumpers" family.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    Could it be that you apply yourself, because she prays for you? Just Joking

But I think you agree with me in that you apply yourself, because of the way that you were raised, by your "bible thumpers" family.
    farthest from the truth ever, my dad is a achohol that has worked at least 50 hours a week for ****ty pay for as long as i can remember, he didnt even teach me to play sports when i was young, he was too busy being drunk or passed out. he's never had a drive to become anything in life, and has settled for what he had when i was very young. he has never had the drive to try anything that could be risky and make money.
    my mom taught me right from wrong and to be a good person, thats about it. as long as i can remember ive wanted to get out of work, ive always looked for ways to make money with out working, and thts what i do now. i work about 20 hours a week tops. i see my mom who is sooo scared to try anything in life, and i see my dad who pretty much taught me what not to do in my life and say i never wanna be like that. so i guess you can say they taught me, but id say they taught me what NOT to be. threw my life ive found mentors, whether it be my old boss's (who were business owners) to some of my friends. im how i am now cause of the people i surround myself with, we all are very focused on being rich, and wont stop till that happens. im the way i am cause i have a drive inside, even my mom says she has no idea of where it came from.

farthest from the truth ever, my dad is a achohol that has worked at least 50 hours a week for ****ty pay for as long as i can remember, he didnt even teach me to play sports when i was young, he was too busy being drunk or passed out. he's never had a drive to become anything in life, and has settled for what he had when i was very young. he has never had the drive to try anything that could be risky and make money.
    my mom taught me right from wrong and to be a good person, thats about it. as long as i can remember ive wanted to get out of work, ive always looked for ways to make money with out working, and thts what i do now. i work about 20 hours a week tops. i see my mom who is sooo scared to try anything in life, and i see my dad who pretty much taught me what not to do in my life and say i never wanna be like that. so i guess you can say they taught me, but id say they taught me what NOT to be. threw my life ive found mentors, whether it be my old boss's (who were business owners) to some of my friends. im how i am now cause of the people i surround myself with, we all are very focused on being rich, and wont stop till that happens. im the way i am cause i have a drive inside, even my mom says she has no idea of where it came from.

Ok, I was way off base,

So, you believe that you get you drive from seeing how your parents have lived their lives and don't want that for yourself, that I can understand. There are extremes in anything, don’t get in the trap where you find yourself more concerned about making money, than living a good life. I would also be very careful with my own rules, it is very simple to twist them in to problems, such as the ones that your father had.

I work over 50 hours a week most of the time, like your father did, I wasn't able to find any get rich quick schemes. I also have a lot of Alcoholics in my family tree, I have been very fortunate not to have had followed in their footsteps.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    Ok, I was way off base,

So, you believe that you get you drive from seeing how your parents have lived their lives and don't want that for yourself, that I can understand. There are extremes in anything, don’t get in the trap where you find yourself more concerned about making money, than living a good life. I would also be very careful with my own rules, it is very simple to twist them in to problems, such as the ones that your father had.

I work over 50 hours a week most of the time, like your father did, I wasn't able to find any get rich quick schemes. I also have a lot of Alcoholics in my family tree, I have been very fortunate not to have had followed in their footsteps.
    yeah i hear ya, my dads family has alot of drunks, they blame it on being irish, i blame it on the fact that they are weak minded people and cant deal with life. anyone that cant deal with sh-t like that is a pussy in my book. my rules are black and white, and i dont change them. they are just values i have in life. im usually let down by alot of people but its only cause i wont let myself settle for anything less then the best

as for working i wont let myself work my life away, thats not living in my eyes, its just working, and if im here on this planet just to work then i might as well be dead. im here to experience life, and thats what i wanna do, even if its just sitting in a park on a nice day in teh summer. being able to do what i want, wheni want is the big key in my life
    Last edited by jcstomper; 11-16-2004 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surferboy
    I read it cover to cover. It was written by Roman government officials to make the people believe it was God's will for them to be taxed and enslaved.

Try metaphysics. It makes more sense, it isn't "do as I say or face ****ation because God is so powerful yet so insecure."

I read it cover to cover. It was written by Roman government officials to make the people believe it was God's will for them to be taxed and enslaved.

Try metaphysics. It makes more sense, it isn't "do as I say or face ****ation because God is so powerful yet so insecure."
    or tell them to do a search on pascals wager, it will make alot of sense if you read it with a open mind

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    i believe in the bible and if you try to live by it you will be a good person.

or tell them to do a search on pascals wager, it will make alot of sense if you read it with a open mind
    open-mind = hell

you know God will turn them to pillars of salt if they disagree with him.

Quote Originally Posted by nickrizz
    i believe in the bible and if you try to live by it you will be a good person.
    Well the bible sais you can have slaves. Real nice God.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information