Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Exorcist the begining

I just saw this movie tonight and its the best horror movie I have seen in a long time. Not scary in the sense that it creates a terrifying/disturbing atmosphere(like in carpenters movies or event horizon)but alot of "jump out of the seat" effects. Not to say that the the atmosphere created was bad. It is perfectly fitting for the movie.
    I like the idea and what they did with the idea in the movie. and Stellan skarsgård was perfect as Merrin.

I like this one ALOT better then the first "the exorcist" movie. I dont understand how anyone can find that one scary I laughed my ass off through the entire movie. It was just so god **** cheesy

I thought this movie was gonna suck but got very plesantly suprised

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    They REALLY gotta stop remaking these crappy movies.

decadbal is offline Banned
    i didnt like it that much, the original was great, and iw as so excited abou this one, but i didnt find it to good

Quote Originally Posted by MESSY_UK
    They REALLY gotta stop remaking these crappy movies.
    They can remake as much as they want aslong as the remake becomes better then the original like in this case Not that its a remake either just a prequal(sp?).

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    i didnt like it that much, the original was great, and iw as so excited abou this one, but i didnt find it to good
    Deca what is is good with the original? Not a bash or anything I just dont understand whats scary about it the idea is decent but what they did with the idea was horrible imo. A little girl screaming obscenitys through the whole movie just becomes comical. Atleast to me

Gorgoroth_ is offline Associate Member
    I liked the new exorcist movie.... the special effects were neat.... when the little black boy got ripped up by hyenas I wanted to jump into the movie with a bat... I thought the story was nice , and the symbolism was a bit spook... the statues of baal surprised me... I found them to be a bit spooky.... for those of you who missed it or didn't notice... the statue I am speaking of had the exhaggerated phallus... he is a babylonian god of thunder and fertility , second in the babylonian pantheon only to his " father " , the patriach of the pantheon. Amongst jews and christains he is regarded as a powerful demon. Other arab groups also reverred him - making child saracfices to him , playing loud drums to drown out the screams of their dying children as they were burned to death . Demonologist and christains ( not sure about jews ) think of him as a general amongst the " demonic heirarchy " basically - he is satan's right hand man.

I saw other references to other demons ( one of insects/pestilslince ( however its spelt )

decadbal is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Deca what is is good with the original? Not a bash or anything I just dont understand whats scary about it the idea is decent but what they did with the idea was horrible imo. A little girl screaming obscenitys through the whole movie just becomes comical. Atleast to me
    i read the book its based on when i was in the army, possessed, i dont know the authors, but its the account of two priests on the real exorcism, so it made the movie more real, bc its based on something real and scares me still. my fav scary movie of all time..

whalerider is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    i read the book its based on when i was in the army, possessed, i dont know the authors, but its the account of two priests on the real exorcism, so it made the movie more real, bc its based on something real and scares me still. my fav scary movie of all time..

There are several accounts of exorcisms on file. Not including Stigmata.

There are over 22 recorded statements on file at the St. Louis police dept.

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    I just saw this movie tonight and its the best horror movie I have seen in a long time. Not scary in the sense that it creates a terrifying/disturbing atmosphere(like in carpenters movies or event horizon)but alot of "jump out of the seat" effects. Not to say that the the atmosphere created was bad. It is perfectly fitting for the movie.
    I like the idea and what they did with the idea in the movie. and Stellan skarsgård was perfect as Merrin.

I like this one ALOT better then the first "the exorcist" movie. I dont understand how anyone can find that one scary I laughed my ass off through the entire movie. It was just so god **** cheesy

I thought this movie was gonna suck but got very plesantly suprised
    that movie hella sucked. it was a cheesy impression of the xorcist. it lacked all the real elements of a horror flick. they tried to hard on this one bud.

the original on the other hand is a masterpiece. i am catholic so i can totally relate to the film (evil/demons etc.) this film still gives me nightmares. its funny now but back in the day it was something else. rem that

workdude is offline Senior Member
    I saw the original when I was young and it scared the hell out of me...

whalerider is offline Banned
    [QUOTE=Spoon]that movie hella sucked. it was a cheesy impression of the xorcist. it lacked all the real elements of a horror flick. they tried to hard on this one bud.

the original on the other hand is a masterpiece. i am catholic so i can totally relate to the film (evil/demons etc.) this film still gives me nightmares. its

lol..no sht bro. I went to Catholic school. And i remember seeing that when I was like 10. I still wake up thinking about the sht sometimes. Glad to see i am not alone at that.

Gorgoroth_ is offline Associate Member
    I know your fear

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    [QUOTE=whalerider]
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    that movie hella sucked. it was a cheesy impression of the xorcist. it lacked all the real elements of a horror flick. they tried to hard on this one bud.

the original on the other hand is a masterpiece. i am catholic so i can totally relate to the film (evil/demons etc.) this film still gives me nightmares. its

lol..no sht bro. I went to Catholic school. And i remember seeing that when I was like 10. I still wake up thinking about the sht sometimes. Glad to see i am not alone at that.

yeah man especially the part where in she crawls down the stairs backwards!

helios is offline Associate Member
    I like when she's possessed and tells the main dude to stick his "monkey c!ck in her ass." the whole theatre couldnt stop laughing

Quote Originally Posted by helios
    I like when she's possessed and tells the main dude to stick his "monkey c!ck in her ass." the whole theatre couldnt stop laughing
    that scene was to **** good I laughed my ass oss

to the others. I guess Im to young to like the first exorcist movie I guess.

The best horror movie ever made imo is "The Thing" by carpenter. Prince of darkness is also upp there. I hope I cant get my hands on The Fog by carpenter also. **** I love carpenters old stuff

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    I thought that movie sucked decas balls.. the first one is sick.. and they're just trying to captalize it on its cult fallowing.. its like scarface of horror flicks.. they shoul just leave the poor thing alone..

betatest is offline Associate Member
    that scene was to **** good I laughed my ass oss

to the others. I guess Im to young to like the first exorcist movie I guess.

The best horror movie ever made imo is "The Thing" by carpenter. Prince of darkness is also upp there. I hope I cant get my hands on The Fog by carpenter also. **** I love carpenters old stuff
    Bump for The Thing and Carpenter's older flicks. I saw The Thing for the first time when I was about 6 yrs old, during a loud thunderstorm late at night. I was scarred for a long while from that experience, lol. A thunder clap struck right at the moment where the doc attempted to resuscitate that one guy. Heh, scared the sh1t outta me.

Thread Information