hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member

2001 or 2002 jeep grand cherokee

sup guys i am looking into buying a used 2001 or 2002 jeep grand cherokee with the inline 6 and 4 wheel drive of course. do any of you own one? do you love it or hate it? reliability?? any comments would help thanx guys!!

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    sup guys i am looking into buying a used 2001 or 2002 jeep grand cherokee with the inline 6 and 4 wheel drive of course. do any of you own one? do you love it or hate it? reliability?? any comments would help thanx guys!!

A friend of mine owned one, and hated it, the d@mn door fell of the thing, I have had no first hand experience though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    A friend of mine owned one, and hated it, the d@mn door fell of the thing, I have had no first hand experience though.
    no shiit! the door fell off?

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    no shiit! the door fell off?

Yep, he purchased it new, and with in a year he had several problems, and the one that I remember is that the door fell off.

Of course me being a close personal friend of his, I ribbed the hell out of him about it, reminding him of the incident as often as possible.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    If I'm not mistaken, consumer reports tends to rip these things apart too (i want to say from 1999-2001 got particularly bad scores). Mostly I recall them being riddled with electric problems and a bunch of nuisance problems that wouldn't necessarily make the car undrivable, but would be a pain in the ass (a friend's had the fan motor screw up so that heat or AC could ONLY come out full blast, and it was about 400 to fix).

Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    If I'm not mistaken, consumer reports tends to rip these things apart too (i want to say from 1999-2001 got particularly bad scores). Mostly I recall them being riddled with electric problems and a bunch of nuisance problems that wouldn't necessarily make the car undrivable, but would be a pain in the ass (a friend's had the fan motor screw up so that heat or AC could ONLY come out full blast, and it was about 400 to fix).
    shiit guys! i guess i got what i asked for. i knew that this was too good to be true ahahaha.. dammn!!

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    I had a 00' grand cheroke and loved it. I now have a cheroke sport 01' and I love that as well. On every car that I owned, in the winter I changed the tires to snow and ice tires and it is amazing.

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    had a 00, ran fine until about 70,000 miles, then things started going wrong, gauge lights would flash, front and back wipers stopped working, amp blew. not a good buy in my opinion......dont have good resale value as well.

thanx guys

rambo is offline The Lord God
    ****it I'm looking into one too. My Wrangler was amazing up to 80k, when I sold it, no probs at all. I love the 2001 and above Grand Cherokee Limited, and I'm maybe a month or two away from buying one.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Jeeps have a tendency to rust before you even buy it from the dealer...
    Last fall while I was at my school's autoshow the Jeeps they had brought all had rust under the hood, and had never been licensed...
    They are fun though...

Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    ****it I'm looking into one too. My Wrangler was amazing up to 80k, when I sold it, no probs at all. I love the 2001 and above Grand Cherokee Limited, and I'm maybe a month or two away from buying one.

yeah i have a 1995 wrangler sahara now with 162,000 miles. it has the 4.0 and the motor still runs like a **** dream. the only major problem i had was that the computer went out at like 150,000 miles and that was 800$.. this bastard can go just about anywhere i want to put it. it has the factory size rims but with the bf all terrain tires.. i love those tires

Thread Information