BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

Pythagoras - not just about a theorem anymore!

In addition to thanking Pythagoras for his wonderful theorem which brandishes his name, we here at AR should also offer the mathematical martyr our condolences, as Pythagoras has also contributed to our cause.

Back in the day while Pythagoras was practicing mathematical concepts thought to be dangerous and against the will of the gods, he was given asylum by the man who was reputed to be the strongest of the Olympians, dominating the feats of strength at several consecutive Olympic games. While there, many historians now believe it was Pythagoras, or his first student (also named Pythagoras, which complicates things) that first put for the idea in a formal training environment that athletes should consume protein to enhance their physiques and physical strength.

I know 99% of my posts are useless, made up stuff (this week alone I received several PMs regarding my "prayer closet" stories) meant to distract the masses from my attempts at global domination, but this post is 100% true. So next time you see a right triangle or slug down a protein shake, think of Pythagoras.

decadbal is offline Banned
    i hope i think of him with the latter, the a2+b2=c2 is way back in the brain now..

Imperialist is offline Junior Member
    The most admirable quality of BigGreen is intellect. He is a genius.Roid rage , cares of the world, and distractions notwithstanding. Every man needs to saddle up and emulate this genuine modern American role model in that regard. It is never too late. I'm learning from him. Everything he supplements with cannot be detected by revealed authority testing. I'm not saying he is 100% natural, because the mail list consortium using the US Post Office for a front needs a champion like Big Green. Whatever he is doing DOES NOT cause him rage and this is worthy of close evaluation. He should reveal his nutrition secrets and he has already made it known that the core of his success resides with Rambo's support. As I think of it, this applies to JUICE-- nobody should shoot-up alone or at least without a pre-flight check list. An individual posted in another forum about difficulty understanding syringe fill level and was concerned about over dose. Bogus or not-- his post raises a real threat. One that must be dealt with because POOR PREPARATION KILLS and is how come pilots land with their gear-up and doctors amputate or remove the wrong body parts on occasion.
    Last edited by Imperialist; 11-17-2004 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperialist
    The most admirable quality of BigGreen is intellect. He is a genius. 'roid rage , cares of the world, and distractions notwithstanding every man needs to saddle up and emulate this genuine modern American role model in that regard-- it is never too late. I'm learning from him. Everything he supplements with cannot be detected by revealed authority testing. I'm not saying he is 100% natural, because the mail list consortium using the US Post Office for a front needs a champion like Big Green. Whatever he is doing DOES NOT cause him rage and this is worthy of close evaluation. He should reveal his nutrition secrets and he has already made it known that the core of his success resides with Rambo's support. As I think of it, this applies to JUICE-- nobody should shoot-up alone or at least without a pre-flight check list. An individual posted in another forum difficulty understanding syringe fill level and was concerned about over dose. Bogus or not-- his post raises a real threat. One that must be dealt with because POOR PREPARATION KILLS and is how come pilots land with their gear-up and doctors amputate or remove the wrong body parts on occasion.
    What is your deal?

radar1234 is offline Member
    i think you have confused hulk1732.

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    Back in the day while Pythagoras was practicing mathematical concepts thought to be dangerous and against the will of the gods, he was given asylum by the man who was reputed to be the strongest of the Olympians, dominating the feats of strength at several consecutive Olympic games. While there, many historians now believe it was Pythagoras, or his first student (also named Pythagoras, which complicates things) that first put for the idea in a formal training environment that athletes should consume protein to enhance their physiques and physical strength.
    Pythagoras was a very, truly strange person. He advocated a completely vegetarian diet with strong avoidance of beans and meat (both excellent sources of protein). Prior to 1847, non-meat eaters were generally known as 'Pythagoreans'.

"Beans were equated with testicles, and therefore represented one's father; to eat beans was to eat the head of one's father. Furthermore they made one fart, which disturbed concentration.

They also had many rules governing spitting, urinating, nail and hair clippings, the smoothing out of one's imprint on bedclothes, and not allowing swallows in the house. These appear mostly to have been linked to witchcraft. Further taboos prohibited retrieving objects dropped from the table, stirring the fire with a knife, and wearing rings. They were required to touch the earth during thunderstorms and could not wear any clothing that incorporated knots.

In approximately 500 BC there appears to have been an uprising against the power of the Pythagoreans. A mob cruised the city of Croton burning, looting and killing. Pythagoras fled and died one of two alternative deaths. The first version saw him chased by rebels until he was caught because he refused to cross a bean field, and then killed. The second had him fleeing to Metapontum, a city up the coast of Italy, where he took refuge in the Temple of the Muses and died of starvation."
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/histori...thagoras.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by radar1234
    i think you have confused hulk1732.
    confused why this guy is always posting weird ridiculous **** like this

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=134431

I understand pythagors theorem quite well, but thank you radar.
    Last edited by HULK1732; 11-17-2004 at 10:54 PM.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    good ol pythagoras

radar1234 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HULK1732
    confused why this guy is always posting weird ridiculous **** like this

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=134431

I understand pythagors theorem quite well, but thank you radar.
    its alot more entertaining than the usual ****e.

Tallon484 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperialist
    The most admirable quality of BigGreen is intellect. He is a genius. 'roid rage , cares of the world, and distractions notwithstanding every man needs to saddle up and emulate this genuine modern American role model in that regard-- it is never too late. I'm learning from him. Everything he supplements with cannot be detected by revealed authority testing. I'm not saying he is 100% natural, because the mail list consortium using the US Post Office for a front needs a champion like Big Green. Whatever he is doing DOES NOT cause him rage and this is worthy of close evaluation. He should reveal his nutrition secrets and he has already made it known that the core of his success resides with Rambo's support. As I think of it, this applies to JUICE-- nobody should shoot-up alone or at least without a pre-flight check list. An individual posted in another forum difficulty understanding syringe fill level and was concerned about over dose. Bogus or not-- his post raises a real threat. One that must be dealt with because POOR PREPARATION KILLS and is how come pilots land with their gear-up and doctors amputate or remove the wrong body parts on occasion.
    Philosophy on Big Green Eh. You must truly admire him to go into that much thought. Personally, I would be to lazy.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    sue me, but i've always liked euclid better.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    sue me, but i've always liked euclid better.
    Bite your tongue and cease with that blasphemy. Picking Euclid is like picking the Yankees as your favorite team when you're from Illinois.

Thread Information