Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member

Eminem song about superman

Someone should put this punk in a wheelchair and on a respirator that way i wont have to hear him whine about his "rough" childhood in an all white suburb of Detroit. How can you make fun of Christopher Reeves and sleep at night. What a skinny little $hit!

decadbal is offline Banned
    ive been sayin it from day one...he is garbage... complete garbage... maybe someone will pull a john lennon with him... then stupid ass kids would make him a martyr... how blind some ppl are

yea he needs to go then i can make fun of anyone in mourning.
    The good ones always die: Tupac, Biggie, Rick James, Grand Master J.
    The Ones you want to die never will: Eminem, Vanilla Ice, Celine Dion, Yanni.

other than eminem, the ppl who should die actually never did anything... the ones u mention who are dead, sold drugs, threatened ppl and so on..cept GMJ, pac and biggie were both drug dealers and started then entire war between bands crap, which causes so much today.. i have no problem with tupac or biggie being gone... to bad with their talent they didnt focus on something good.. instead of bad

yea true, we could kill eminem and do what Dave Chappelle says "sprinkle some crack on him" open and shut case

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    I still cannot believe this... People still get upset about his lyrics... That is his marketing gimmick... If you take him literally, listen to "role model"...

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    I still cannot believe this... People still get upset about his lyrics... That is his marketing gimmick... If you take him literally, listen to "role model"...

who is he marketing to? the people against quadrapeds? hes trash and i hope he dies. Why cant conservative America rag on this loser and leave howard stern alone.

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    Eminem can be pretty funny sometimes, especially with his vidoes. But hes basically a tool of Interscope, he just raps about offensive things for the sake of being offensive to sell records. In fact, most rap seems to be about that right now. No wonder these guys don't make as much as they used to........anyone can do it, and this guy is living proof.

I bet if he ever touched Reeve's legs while he alive, he would get beat like a redheaded stepchild. Like most celebrities that talk ***, the guy is all talk, he can dish it out but he can't take it. Thats why he has to pick on people that can't or won't do anything in retaliation.

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend
    Eminem can be pretty funny sometimes, especially with his vidoes. But hes basically a tool of Interscope, he just raps about offensive things for the sake of being offensive to sell records. In fact, most rap seems to be about that right now. No wonder these guys don't make as much as they used to........anyone can do it, and this guy is living proof.

I bet if he ever touched Reeve's legs while he alive, he would get beat like a redheaded stepchild. Like most celebrities that talk ***, the guy is all talk, he can dish it out but he can't take it. Thats why he has to pick on people that can't or won't do anything in retaliation.

a tool for interscope? i doubt that.. hes worth like 40-50 mill now i doubt dre has any say in the creative part of the album.. and yeah reeves would bust his ass.. em is a small lil biatch physically, now even carrot top can bust his ass..

best post this week

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Initially I couldn't stand him but if you actually listen to what he's saying it's funny as fvck!
    Like him or not, he is quite simply the best lyricist the world has ever seen.
    His lyrics aren't meant to be taken seriously, he just raps about sick stuff that we all joke about in private but he has the balls to say it in public.

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    I've found him an annoying no-talent from day 1.....

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    i dont mind him i think he is very good and creative.. i can see waht your saying.making fun of people who are dead isnt really cool... but i dont agree with urban legend when he said he only picks on people who cant or wont do anything.. not many people can or want to because he is good at battling.. you guys sit here and start posts ranking on people like michael jackson and george bush.. but its not okay for him to do it in songs??

He sells a lot of records...Makes a lot of money..He's doing something right,regardless of who he pisses off. I have to say it gets old. You can pretty much predict what his next song is gonna be about by listening to cnn.

I'm not a fan of him,but i'd rather listen to a few of his songs then any other rap. I just will never understand how people build up Tupac and Biggie like they are such great rappers. If they were still alive,they would just be a few rappers getting ready for prison.

Talking about drugs and murdering people never really appealed to me. Just goes to show everyone is different.

How can you find songs like "Ass Like That" not entertaining?

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    i would pay to be left alone with him in a locked room for just 5 minutes.....he's trash and gives white ppl a bad name

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    Initially I couldn't stand him but if you actually listen to what he's saying it's funny as fvck!
    Like him or not, he is quite simply the best lyricist the world has ever seen.
    His lyrics aren't meant to be taken seriously, he just raps about sick stuff that we all joke about in private but he has the balls to say it in public.
    Best lyricist?

Pick one.

Illogic
    Del Tha Funkee Homosapien (Deltron Z)
    Chali 2na
    Percee P
    MC UD
    Slick Rick
    Rhymefest
    Eyedea
    Vakill
    Jakki
    P.E.A.C.E.
    Slug
    Aesop Rock
    Talib Kweli
    Sage Francis
    Method Man (Wu-Tang Clan)
    The Gift of Gab (Blackalicious)
    Lateef the Truth Speaker
    Lyrics Born
    Big Daddy Kane
    Rakim
    Copywrite
    Hieroglyphics
    Twista
    Common Sense
    Mos Def
    Q-Tip
    Masta Ace
    Saul Williams
    Aceyalone
    Mr. Lif
    The Beastie Boys
    Notorious B.I.G.
    Tupac Shakur
    Sole
    Nas
    Pharoahe Monche
    Jay-Z (mostly Reasonable Doubt)

Quote Originally Posted by Maraxus
    Best lyricist?

Pick one.

Illogic
    Chali 2na
    Percee P
    MC UD
    Slick Rick
    Rhymefest
    Eyedea
    Vakill
    Jakki
    P.E.A.C.E.
    Slug
    Aesop Rock
    Talib Kweli
    Sage Francis
    Lateef the Truth Speaker
    Lyrics Born
    Big Daddy Kane
    Rakim
    Copywrite
    Hieroglyphics
    Twista
    Common Sense
    Mos Def
    Q-Tip
    Masta Ace
    Saul Williams
    Aceyalone
    Mr. Lif
    The Beastie Boys
    Notorious B.I.G.
    Tupac Shakur
    Sole
    Nas
    Pharoahe Monche
    eminem is better lyricist than anyone on that list by far...

Quote Originally Posted by phatmark
    eminem is better lyricist than anyone on that list by far...
    lol ok, whatever you say bro.

Edit: How are you basing your statement? Im sure you dont even recognize half the names on that list.

im not saying i dont like anyone on that list.. but that list of people that you can question shouldnt have anymore than like 5 of those people... eyedea?? give me a break

Personally those are lyricists that I like more than M&M. Personal opinion, nothing more.

IMO the only lyricist (if you want to call them that) that made the 'rap' itself entertaining was the notorious B.I.G. That guy actually was fun to listen to. Everyone else is just about the beat and instrumental......which oh yeah, they didn't make.

As for the guys who don't think eminem is a tool, I feel bad for you.

this is true it is only opinion... and i will admit i dont know a few of those you named.. but from what i know i just dont feel these guys compare.. they may have talent but i dont think their as good with their lyrics..

Slick Rick
    Eyedea
    Slug
    Talib Kweli
    Big Daddy Kane
    Rakim
    Twista
    Mos Def
    Q-Tip
    Notorious B.I.G.
    Pharoahe Monche

IMO the only lyricist (if you want to call them that) that made the 'rap' itself entertaining was the notorious B.I.G. That guy actually was fun to listen to. Everyone else is just about the beat and instrumental......which oh yeah, they didn't make.

As for the guys who don't think eminem is a tool, I feel bad for you.
    Puff daddy makes up his own beats

Puff daddy makes up his own beats

So does Dre, who I feel is the most talented person involved in rap music. You didn't list either of them. Or DJ quick, etc.

Pappa puff sucks so much I can understand that though.

shoulda put him on the list..lol ..jk

So does Dre, who I feel is the most talented person involved in rap music. You didn't list either of them. Or DJ quick, etc.

Pappa puff sucks so much I can understand that though.
    Yeah p daddy run the city show no pity. lol.

Thats skill right there lmao.

Yeah p daddy run the city show no pity. lol.

Thats skill right there lmao.

Puff's lyrics are "soft" (and dumb) but I would still argue the guy has more talent than most of the people you posted. Seriously, if it wasn't for the bangin instrumentals, no one would listen to rap. No one goes out and buys a CD thats just the "poetry" aspect of it, but they will pay for the rap to be drowned out by the kick-ass base groove put together by some producer whos name you likely will never hear. With some exceptions to that rule..........

Thats why I've never had a ton of respect for eminem. The guy can be creative, but hes nothing new really, hes predictable, and quite frankly, anyone can do it. Thats why most rappers who are just rapper (not owners of their own lable, etc) don't make as much anymore. Record companies can pay any black person with an accent and who doesn't seem like a total pussy (some exceptions there) to do what they do. Jadakiss can whine about how the artists are getting screwed, but quite frankly, hes lucky to be where he is. You think vinilla ice has talent? No. The guy got a DJ to make a nice beat to go with "ice ice baby" and look where he got to.

At least MC hammer could dance, thats all I have to say

I got to go. I'll be interested to see the replies when I get back though.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    other than eminem, the ppl who should die actually never did anything... the ones u mention who are dead, sold drugs, threatened ppl and so on..cept GMJ, pac and biggie were both drug dealers and started then entire war between bands crap, which causes so much today.. i have no problem with tupac or biggie being gone... to bad with their talent they didnt focus on something good.. instead of bad
    actually the media started that war. If you watch some interviews with pac and biggie they both said there was never any east west tension. The media played it up like there was and soon naieve people created one because of the media. And in pacs interveiws he talks about selling drugs for a few days and quit because he sucked at it.

However, Im sure they both killed people and definately were bangers so im not trying to make angels out of sinners, but if you're going to say that they started all that tension its flat wrong. Both rappers said on many occasions that they were terrified of what the media was doing to the whole east west conflict. If it was really as bad as the media said it was, why did they still go to awards shows together???

Also, pac and biggie did do something productive. They both got into rap to get off the streets. Biggie says in many rhymes and interviews that if he hadnt made it in rap he'd be stealing and selling drugs.

Puff's lyrics are "soft" (and dumb) but I would still argue the guy has more talent than most of the people you posted. Seriously, if it wasn't for the bangin instrumentals, no one would listen to rap. No one goes out and buys a CD thats just the "poetry" aspect of it, but they will pay for the rap to be drowned out by the kick-ass base groove put together by some producer whos name you likely will never hear. With some exceptions to that rule..........

Thats why I've never had a ton of respect for eminem. The guy can be creative, but hes nothing new really, hes predictable, and quite frankly, anyone can do it. Thats why most rappers who are just rapper (not owners of their own lable, etc) don't make as much anymore. Record companies can pay any black person with an accent and who doesn't seem like a total pussy (some exceptions there) to do what they do. Jadakiss can whine about how the artists are getting screwed, but quite frankly, hes lucky to be where he is. You think vinilla ice has talent? No. The guy got a DJ to make a nice beat to go with "ice ice baby" and look where he got to.

At least MC hammer could dance, thats all I have to say

I got to go. I'll be interested to see the replies when I get back though.
    Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Common, The Roots, those are artists. They convey a message, not about slanging rox, and bangin bitches, and rollin on their deuce 4's.

Quote Originally Posted by DADDYDBOL
    i would pay to be left alone with him in a locked room for just 5 minutes.....he's trash and gives white ppl a bad name

best line ever, and btw he is a terrible lyricist. same garbage over and over. lets hear something new like not about kim, killing kim, how much he hates kim and his mom etc.......... and eyedea is much better, download the blaze battle between him and eminem he destroyed em.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    What you want to nake a bet that in thirty years he comes out of the closet? hahahahaha

I can't stand the guy or his music. I do happen to listen to a little rap....mostly old school stuff though.......Digital Underground and such. But it's not my norm.....I like alternative, rock, metal, old country and classical. Depending on moods my music changes as well.

I wouldn't mind seeing him go three rounds against a woman. If there is anything more entertaining than watching a man getting his ass kicked by a woman then please tell me cause I want to see it. I bet he bursts into tears as well. You notice he never picks on the harder bands like Limp Bizcuit, Metallica and such.....they'd bitch slap his punk ass.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Best lyricist?

Pick one.

Illogic
    Chali 2na
    Percee P
    MC UD
    Slick Rick
    Rhymefest
    Eyedea
    Vakill
    Jakki
    P.E.A.C.E.
    Slug
    Aesop Rock
    Talib Kweli
    Sage Francis
    Lateef the Truth Speaker
    Lyrics Born
    Big Daddy Kane
    Rakim
    Copywrite
    Hieroglyphics
    Twista
    Common Sense
    Mos Def
    Q-Tip
    Masta Ace
    Saul Williams
    Aceyalone
    Mr. Lif
    The Beastie Boys
    Notorious B.I.G.
    Tupac Shakur
    Sole
    Nas
    Pharoahe Monche
    out of that list I'd say the best lyricists are:
    Biggie
    Aceyalone

but the best lyricist I have ever seen or heard is called Supernatural. he's underground, but 70% of his show is freestyle. And he's spit out freestyle that is sicker than any of the rappers above have taken weeks to write. Seriously, if he ever goes to your town, see him. best lyricist I've ever and probably will ever see.

Also, eminem has got no freestyle. I seen him battle guys and he starts spitting stuff he's written for songs. I have never seen him win a freestyle battle, except in his movie

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    Jay-Z, hands down best true lyricist. Eminem is creative and a marketing genius.

Quote Originally Posted by biglouie250
    best line ever, and btw he is a terrible lyricist. same garbage over and over. lets hear something new like not about kim, killing kim, how much he hates kim and his mom etc.......... and eyedea is much better, download the blaze battle between him and eminem he destroyed em.

I agree totally. Now just take "yo" "bitch" "nigga" or anything pertaining to drugs or how much money they have and you would have a bunch of guys standing around "waving their hands like they just don't care" and saying nothing...You wanna trash eminem about his lyrics thats cool with me. Let's trash the rest of the rappers in the world for being redundant as well.

BRING BACK VANILLA@#!@@ Ice Ice BAAAAAAAABY!@

Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    actually the media started that war. If you watch some interviews with pac and biggie they both said there was never any east west tension. The media played it up like there was and soon naieve people created one because of the media. And in pacs interveiws he talks about selling drugs for a few days and quit because he sucked at it.

However, Im sure they both killed people and definately were bangers so im not trying to make angels out of sinners, but if you're going to say that they started all that tension its flat wrong. Both rappers said on many occasions that they were terrified of what the media was doing to the whole east west conflict. If it was really as bad as the media said it was, why did they still go to awards shows together???

Also, pac and biggie did do something productive. They both got into rap to get off the streets. Biggie says in many rhymes and interviews that if he hadnt made it in rap he'd be stealing and selling drugs.
    true, i wasnt clear, i meant that soon as it got started, they both just dropped their friendship and bought into the entire, we are really badasses(with 20 bodyguards) and bla bla and look where they both are...over words.. just stupid words... from two ppl with minimal education, who clearly came from nothing and made a life the only way they know how, i respect that, but as far as rappin bout hurtin ppl, or ganster life.. make a movie, dont feed that crap to some kid in ohio who hasnt met a black person, much less seen a gangshooting, that glorifies that life to them, and gives them the entire view that all black ppl are this way( im not even pretending to be able ot assume what anyone from a state with little or no gang violence, just saying what mtv did bout 3 years ago). music shoulld cultivate a mood, not spark shootings or violence.. and yea, when a kid in the inner city hears someone he considers a hero braggin about what he did or would have done, a stupid child will try to impersonate that..

muff-chaser is offline Associate Member
    eminem is a great lyrcist there is no doubt about that. i dont think that he could **** with biggie or tupac though. some of his songs are good to me but alot of them are pure ****. he is pretty funny sometimes, but alot of the **** he does is just to sell records, he is propably a pussy in real life. vanilla ice would definitly beat the hell out of eminem in a street fight and could outdance him as well. i really dont like the guy but you have to give it to him, he came from being white trash to white trash with millions of dollars.

Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Common, The Roots, those are artists. They convey a message, not about slanging rox, and bangin bitches, and rollin on their deuce 4's.
    But thats not what I was talking about. Anyone can do what these guys do is my point, and its not even that appreciated, its all about the beat if you want to sell records. Even the guys you bring up are a minority in a genre that has become commercialized to the point that G unit sells sneakers cause they be poppin them thangs, ya heard. Rap is no longer original, and it can easilby be produced by anyone who sounds ghetto and got lucky enough to be selected by a large record lable.

Now if you don't mind I'm gonna turn up some of that old school g-funk while I blaze up my chronic.......or take my EC stack. Same thing right? Maybe after that I'll listen to a little Will Smith

But thats not what I was talking about. Anyone can do what these guys do is my point, and its not even that appreciated, its all about the beat if you want to sell records. Even the guys you bring up are a minority in a genre that has become commercialized to the point that G unit sells sneakers cause they be poppin them thangs, ya heard. Rap is no longer original, and it can easilby be produced by anyone who sounds ghetto and got lucky enough to be selected by a large record lable.

Now if you don't mind I'm gonna turn up some of that old school g-funk while I blaze up my chronic.......or take my EC stack. Same thing right? Maybe after that I'll listen to a little Will Smith
    I agree with you take lil'john for instance all he says is SKEET SKEET SKEET YEAH YEAH OHKAY OHKAY.
    wtf man give a monkey the mic and he can do the same.
    Talib kweli, mos def, guys like that are poets, real artists. None of the other commercialized crap in the market nowadays.
    House real big, cars real big, dick real big, erthang real big. Come on a line like that is just pathetic. Why bother with vocals. Just run the beat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information