BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

Sigur Ros Kicks SOOoO much behind!

I figure a lot of you guys and gals from the EU and surrounding areas will have heard of them, and probably a few from here in the US as well. I discovered this band about five months ago somewhat by accident, and I've become addicted as hell. I think they're putting out better and more interesting stuff than any other band I've heard in a llllong time. I highly recommend checking them out. I'd compare them to someone, but they're pretty **** unique and innovative, so that's a tall order...i guess they could be described somewhat as 'abstract music' or 'po-mo'.

I suggest starting with Staraflur and Njosnavelin...two QUALITY tunes.

If anyone else is into them and has any recs along similar lines, I'd love to hear them.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Yes, I've known for quite some time, me and Nathan were talking about this quite vocally during one of your ridiculous and self masturbatory sabbaticals.

Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    Yes, I've known for quite some time, me and Nathan were talking about this quite vocally during one of your ridiculous and self masturbatory sabbaticals.
    EDIT: nevermind....i've figured it out.
    Last edited by BigGreen; 11-20-2004 at 09:43 PM.

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Does it sound like heavy metal? What's Po-mo? Poor Mo'fo'?

Quote Originally Posted by 63190
    Does it sound like heavy metal? What's Po-mo? Poor Mo'fo'?
    No, definitely not heavy metal. It's kind of like 'new age symphony', but i hesitate to call it that because of the connotation of the term 'new age'. I mean, they've quite seriously invented a whole new genre of music near as I can tell. I know I've heard nothing like them and I tried to expose myself to a great variety of music in my travels....

oh, and "po-mo" is snooty slang for 'post-modern'....i'm sometimes condescending without even knowing it these days.

EDIT: this will sound very feminine in some regards, but to give you an idea as to what it might be, it's the only recent music that I'd go so far as to describe as 'beautiful'. That's not to say I don't love recent music, but it's the first stuff in my opinion in over a century to be legitimately and consistently beautiful in that visceral sort of way.
    Last edited by BigGreen; 11-20-2004 at 10:11 PM.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    ...i'm sometimes condescending without even knowing it these days.
    Liar. You know what you're reaping it. Because you're going to end up sowing it.

Snob.

Thread Information