OSTIE is offline Senior Member

ATTN TRUCK DRIVERS: DOT regs...

Need some quick help.... I deliver furniture in a 26ft flatbed with air brakes.

I go to school full time monday - friday, so I only work the weekends. My company takes full advantage of working part time by paying my less then full timers and giving me and my partner the sh!tiest fckin routes possible and they laugh about it since they take away everyone else over time and I cant get paid over time, since im only workin two days.

Well today they had me drivin all over @ss-fck wisconsin and I worked a 7am-midnight shift. Needless to say the managers left way before I got back which pisses me off, because what if somethin happened on the road.

ANYWAYS..... Is there any restriction I can use so I do not have to go back into work at 7am tomorrow morning according to DOT?????

Please help,

-ostie

chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member
    I dont think so bro......... truckers live on the road. thank god my job only requires me to work 8 hours a day.

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Your only alowed to drive for 10 hours straight. You can be on the road for that long then have to pull over for a break. My friends that drive OTR say they log it as ten straight, one hour break then drive for five then another hour break. I forget if they can only drive 15 hours a day though. Do you have to do log books? I think Johnny Law only cares about OTR. The bus drivers that keep me busy in the shop sometimes pull 15 hour shifts. They say DOT doesn't inforce what they drive as they are not out on the hi-ways. I mean, if you want call DOT in your area and make an anonomiss tip.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Drivers may drive up to 11 hours instead of 10 hours, but are limited to 14 hours in a duty period.

The 14th-hour duty period may not be extended with off-duty time for meal and fuel stops, etc. Only the use of a sleeper berth can extend the 14th hour on-duty period.

Each duty period must begin with at least ten hours off-duty, rather than eight.

Click the link below more information on the 2004 DOT regulations:
    http://www.dieselboss.com/software/DotQA.htm

workdude is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BASK8KACE
    Drivers may drive up to 11 hours instead of 10 hours, but are limited to 14 hours in a duty period.

The 14th-hour duty period may not be extended with off-duty time for meal and fuel stops, etc. Only the use of a sleeper berth can extend the 14th hour on-duty period.

Each duty period must begin with at least ten hours off-duty, rather than eight.

Click the link below more information on the 2004 DOT regulations:
    http://www.dieselboss.com/software/DotQA.htm

This is 100% correct.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Ya, but if he's driving only intrastate instead of interstate, isn't he exempt from the federal regulations, or no?
    Here in Texas, I think drivers can drive 24/7/365 as long as they stay within a radius of 100 miles and don't venture into another state, which is fine for business, but not so good if you're surrounded by these guys on the interstate . . .
    -Tock

Imperialist is offline Junior Member

Gyn'roids = Limp Wong

Quote Originally Posted by chuck89gt5.0
    I dont think so bro......... truckers live on the road. thank god my job only requires me to work 8 hours a day.
    Lot's of openings in commercial truck driving. They will train you and pay over $200.00 per week before taxes. EVERYTHING in the US depends on trucking. There is such an industry wide shortage that if more Arabians, Central Americans, Romanians, Indians, etc. don't come work here there may be a truck driver DRAFT or compulsory service. If you haven't driven LA with gas tanker splattered on the 101 at La Brea, dead law enforcement at El Cojon Pass, USMC Harriers buzzing cold food storage in Yuma, High speed 80,000 GVW truck chases, drug dealing, prostitution, knife wielding in Ontario, Sat Uplink, and sat surveillance, 50 plus vehicle pile-ups, and lemming-like vehicles plummeting off washed-out bridges you should give it a try. Admission, drinks and popcorn to Hollywood blockbusters would burn through $200.00 in three or four days. If you drive-- you come out money ahead. Hookers are only $7.00 on the Texas border.

Have some cabbage
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ATTN TRUCK DRIVERS: DOT regs...-cabbage-pig.jpg  

Thread Information