Thread: Suggestions

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member

Question Suggestions

K I have been having some elbow problems.. So at the advice of physio I took two weeks off. Now I am in the 3rd week off. They are still sore.. Nobody seems to know what it is exactly because the soreness moves, sometimes on the inside of the elbow, sometimes on the outside running down to the wrist! Anyone have any suggestions.. I plan to start training upper body again this Sunday! thanx

jonnytour is offline Member
    Ya! I suggest not beating your meat so much! Find a girl or a blow up doll for God's sake!!

Quote Originally Posted by jonnytour
    Ya! I suggest not beating your meat so much! Find a girl or a blow up doll for God's sake!!
    Stop post whoring lol.. and the blow ups always pop

jonnytour is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    Stop post whoring lol.. and the blow ups always pop
    That's because of your needle dick!!

You allready know what I have said, bud. Take all the time off, and come back light as was suggested. If it starts hurting worse take more time off. Otherwise, man up and train through the pain!

Ok any serious people

Glycosamine, Icy Hot, Ibuprofen??? I don't know man. That's weird that it moves around alot. That'll make for some sh*tty workouts if you can't over come it. Just start out again really light I guess. Wish I could have helped more.

No worries Just.. Oh yea.. I can train through anything.. which is a down fall a lot of the time! It makes me mad that physio can't tell me what it is.. sometimes it feels like a burning.. then a dull throb I dunno

manwithin is offline Associate Member
    Well if it’s on the outer side of the elbow running down the forearm it could be the ulnar nerve. If you do preacher curls and don’t keep your wrist strait do you get a shooting pain running down the forearm? I would wrap my wrist up if you use heavy weight, you should get it checked out, nerve damage is a serious injury.

Quote Originally Posted by manwithin
    Well if it’s on the outer side of the elbow running down the forearm it could be the ulnar nerve. If you do preacher curls and don’t keep your wrist strait do you get a shooting pain running down the forearm? I would wrap my wrist up if you use heavy weight, you should get it checked out, nerve damage is a serious injury.
    hey... well the physio therapist said it MIGHT be the nerve.. and gave me some stretches?? does that help

If it is the Ulnar nerve stretches aren’t good for it.
    Keep the elbow as straight as possible. A straight elbow puts less pressure on the ulnar nerve. Consider wearing a splint at night. Something as simple as a towel wrapped around the elbow can help keep it straight.
    Use elbow protectors if you play sports to avoid bumping the elbow.
    There are several surgical options; the most frequent type of surgery (anterior submuscular transposition) moves the nerve from behind the bone to the front of the elbow. After the surgery, treatment must focus on maximizing the use of the hand and arm through physical therapy. This process can take several months.

Quote Originally Posted by manwithin
    If it is the Ulnar nerve stretches aren’t good for it.
    Keep the elbow as straight as possible. A straight elbow puts less pressure on the ulnar nerve. Consider wearing a splint at night. Something as simple as a towel wrapped around the elbow can help keep it straight.
    Use elbow protectors if you play sports to avoid bumping the elbow.
    There are several surgical options; the most frequent type of surgery (anterior submuscular transposition) moves the nerve from behind the bone to the front of the elbow. After the surgery, treatment must focus on maximizing the use of the hand and arm through physical therapy. This process can take several months.
    Ok.. so what symptoms would accompany the Ulnar nerve? thanx

Tenderness along the inside of the elbow.
    Tingling and numbness in little and ring fingers (especially at night).
    Numbness in your hand when the elbow is bent, such as when you drive or hold a telephone.
    Difficulty with hand coordination (such as when typing or playing a musical instrument).
    Decreased grip and pinch strength; muscle weakness.
    Pain along the inside border of the shoulder blade

Sensation changes
    Of the 4th or 5th fingers
    Of the hand below the 4th and 5th fingers
    Numbness, decreased sensation
    Tingling, burning sensation Pain
    Abnormal sensations

hmm yes its tender on the inside and sore on the out side.. and the pinky's get sore.. hm so who would I talk to about this? thanx for the help

decadbal is offline Banned
    wear elbow wraps, or the slide one elbow thing.. that works for mine when i have prob, take glucosomine and chondromin.sp? or just hit the deca .. feel better

90redlx is offline Junior Member
    I had the same thing happen to me. I had a bad case of tendonitis(sp?). It took about 5-6weeks for me to lift at close to full strength. Just take it easy and do as little with that arm as possible. I found putting ice on it after a hot a$$ shower helped a ton. Just take it easy for a while and don't push it. Good luck on recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    hmm yes its tender on the inside and sore on the out side.. and the pinky's get sore.. hm so who would I talk to about this? thanx for the help
    Sports Medicine or Orthopedic Surgeon.

Hahah wierd thing is its both arms.. Obviously did an excercise that my arms didn't agree with.. Im going to physio.. I don't think I need surgery at this point lol some people are a little gung ho to get cut open!!! I should prolly get some msm eh! thanx boyz

Holy Fvck.. would deca help? I am going to the doc's and going to get sent to a orthapedic surgeon. Don't know if it's serious but I might get a cortison shot is each of em

Thread Information