Thread: The Gym Nazi

Prime is offline Naturally perfect

The Gym Nazi

I feel i need to vent. Theres a guy who works at my gym, one of the two main guys in charge. He seems to take a real interest in giving me a hard time. There have been several occasions in the past but todays was the most unreasonable so far. I was doing cable shrugs and had attatched a 15kg weight to each stack. i had just finished my set and was stripping the weight ad i turn round to see him walking towards me. "Oi mate he beckons" I look up. "What you thinking slotting those on there" Me: "HUH?" "You do that ever again and im gonna kick you straight out the gym and ban you for life! Your damaging the weightstack!" he points to the elasic cable which is minorly tangled and untangles in 3 seconds of fiddling "If the weighs arent heavy enough go somewhere else! or find another way of adding weight" I say "how do you suggest?" He says "you figure it out" Then he asks to see my id card (which i have not got as i have just bought new workout trousers and the cards in the old one" so he demands i leave. He knows who i am and hes seen my card loads of times. He doesnt ask to see anyone elses cards in the gym.
    now i know that doesnt sound that bad, but the way he said it, his tone and actions were really ****ing rude. He was very confrontational, diddnt bother to explain why he diddnt like what i was doing or ask me not to do it again. I honestly thought he was gonna swing for me as he started getting into me having attatched the 15's.
    Dude is about 6ft3 and probably 210. Hes a fat **** and ive only seen him train twice in 5 months. both times he was training arms. Dude seems to get his jollies hastling me. If it wasnt for teh fact THERE ARE NO OTHER DECENT GYMS LOCALLY i would have told him to go **** himself, shut up and piss off.
    WHat i really dont understand is when i was using the universal machine to shrug over the summer his colleague saw me doing shrugs with a 20kg plate bolted on and several dumbells slotted onto the top. He diddnt care one bit, he just asked if it was heavy enough. So obviously this other guy is just a wanker.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Do Englanders have a right to bear arms? If so, shoot the Nazi--not to kill. Only to maim (crotch and knee caps are preferable).

I hope you know I'm joking.

Take your business elsewhere, or write him a note about his behavior, or talk to him about his behavior, or grin and bear it.

Bummer you had to go through that.

Gym Nazi: "NO GYM FOR YOU!"
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 11-23-2004 at 05:05 PM.

Spyder Guest
    dissolve 30 tabs of clen in his coffee! that'll show him not to F with you.
    (or better yet, pour in a bottle of liquid clen)

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    lmao...man talk to his superior or the owner! record the POS on a tape recorder! if all else fails ... one night give his tires a little cutting

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Maybe he likes you but don't know how to show his true feelings of passion for you, go some place nice and talk to him 1 on 1 get him to open up.

That dude sound like a real asshole, i think hes jelous of your progress in the gym his rant "If the weighs arent heavy enough go somewhere else! or find another way of adding weight" I say "how do you suggest?" He says "you figure it out" and how he looks show this, sence there are no other gyms, looks like you have to ride it out.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    unfortunatley he doesnt have a superior, him and another guy run the gym (it part of a university). They are really tight, they go out drinking outside of work etc (i only know due to having seen them in a pub). SO i can complain and i think i will, but it will go straight to the nazi and he will just become more devoted to giving me a hard time.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    unfortunatley he doesnt have a superior, him and another guy run the gym (it part of a university). They are really tight, they go out drinking outside of work etc (i only know due to having seen them in a pub). SO i can complain and i think i will, but it will go straight to the nazi and he will just become more devoted to giving me a hard time.
    Although I joked about it, I was serious about talking to him. If you pick a moment when it's not in the middle of a heated situation, you could accomplish a lot.

Speak to him sincerely without malice in your voice and without being overly accusatory.

A stupid, unreasonable person has a way of appearing realtively reasonble for a brief moment or two when you take the time to appraoach her/him as though s/he were a level-headed adult.

...But, I'd keep .45 calibre plan B in your gym bag just in case (baseball bats work too).
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 11-23-2004 at 05:20 PM.

Thread Information