marka is offline Associate Member

Working from home

Does anyone work out of home? Have you had diffuculties keeping motivated and diciplined? any ideas on how to overcome this? I am not talking self employed, I mean working for a medium to large company, but out of home. I sell high volume industrial packaging. Company pays for everything, and pays me 6 figure base. I have tons of experience in this, but since I took this new opportunity to develope new territories (go into new areas, get a place, develope the market and leave to the next territory until there is a warehouse and CSRs), and was never used to working from home. I should be working now, yet I have been messing around all day. I am going to see a shrink, but wanted to see if anyone relates to this.

Spyder Guest
    are you kidding? your gonna go see a shrink about not being able to work? ... for christs sake, most of us sit at work all day and text away here on AR wasting valuable company time!!! what your doing is normal!
    Last edited by Spyder; 11-23-2004 at 05:39 PM.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    i agree do what u have to but no extra then come back here haha jj

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    AR will solve all of your bordem problems, seriously, i'm on here at work for like 8 hours a day, without it, i'd go nuts.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Bro,

I work outa my home! You must create a list of things to do for the next day the night before! Its the only thing you have to be disciplined about. Just spend 30 minutes in the evening preparing a list, then when you awake you simply work the list and it will tell you what to do. Don't be so overly aggressive with the list and don't forget to load in your w/o's as well.

Good luck. MJ

Thanks...how long have you been working out of home? Did you get like this at the begining? How long did it last? I will try that...makes sense....not letting your mind having to think about what to do...just do what is on the list......

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Marka,

Been doing it for 15 years! The "LIST" has saved me! The beauty of the list is I have lots of personal stuff on it that gets done too! And I use the W.I.N. method when I employ The List "Whats Important Now".

MJ

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    now i heard everything.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Joe
    Marka,

Been doing it for 15 years! The "LIST" has saved me! The beauty of the list is I have lots of personal stuff on it that gets done too! And I use the W.I.N. method when I employ The List "Whats Important Now".

MJ
    I read that popular book "getting things done", which has a similar system...I tried it, and when I did it worked very well...I would go to sleep with no worries, everything problem or not, put on paper, not left in head. The thing is that I stop doing it for these lapses of time that can last 2 weeks.....I want to know why I stop doing this......Thanks for the reply...it helps in making sure I start again tonight with the list......but man, I get down big time.......i feel i can waste 50 yrs just doing nothing...its just weird...need to see a shrink......

solid-d is offline Member
    I tryed doing sales from home, and its hard... Its alot easier going to the office and working there... it seems less like work... Kinda like a few years ago, I would clean up the store I use to work at and have that sucker looking pretty dam clean.. Then take a look at my room/car...LOL

MASStermind is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by marka
    Does anyone work out of home? Have you had diffuculties keeping motivated and diciplined? any ideas on how to overcome this? I am not talking self employed, I mean working for a medium to large company, but out of home. I sell high volume industrial packaging. Company pays for everything, and pays me 6 figure base. I have tons of experience in this, but since I took this new opportunity to develope new territories (go into new areas, get a place, develope the market and leave to the next territory until there is a warehouse and CSRs), and was never used to working from home. I should be working now, yet I have been messing around all day. I am going to see a shrink, but wanted to see if anyone relates to this.

Bro I work from home get paid a good salary with no commision. I'm the most unmotivated bastard. I sleep till 11 get at work at around 1 done around 3:30 and then I jack off and hit the gym. Been doing this for about a year now and it sucks. Make you feel like ****.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    try writting out a work schedule for the day, including break times and so forth..

you will e suprised how little time you need to work...
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

ducati996 is offline Associate Member
    I am self employed and obviously work from home. I am lazy as hell. I thought it was just a phase im going through but I guess not. Some days I wake up and dont want to get out of bed and some days I work my ass off. Not as often as I sleep though. I think I will use the list method sounds like it might work. Good luck bro. I know what you are going through.

MASStermind is offline Banned
    I work from home collecting welfare checks. First of the month Biatch!!! I'm lazy as Phuck.

I didnt know so many could relate...I guess my problem isnt uncommon..........you guys are the best!

Thread Information