BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

Now you too can pop JFK!

Have any of you guys seen this? What are your thoughts?

http://www.startribune.com/stories/484/5098218.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/...in656899.shtml

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...jfk-game_x.htm

Video Game Recreates JFK Killing

LONDON, Nov. 22, 2004

"This is a unique insight into the assassination."
    Kirk Ewing, Traffic

"It's despicable."
    David Smith, Sen. Ted Kennedy's office

(CBS/AP) A Scottish company said Sunday it was releasing a video game recreating the 1963 assassination of President Kennedy.

A spokesman for the president's brother, Sen. Edward M. Kennedy, D-Mass., called the game "despicable."

The Glasgow-based firm Traffic said "JFK Reloaded" was an educational "docu-game" that would help disprove conspiracy theories about Kennedy's death. The game is due to be released Monday, the 41st anniversary of the shooting in Dallas.

Traffic said the game challenged players to recreate the three shots fired at the president's car by assassin Lee Harvey Oswald from the Texas School Book Depository.

"We've created the game with the belief that Oswald was the only person that fired the shots on that day, although this recreation proves how immensely difficult his task was," Traffic's managing director, Kirk Ewing, said. However, he's offering $100,000 to the first person who uses it to duplicate the shots which killed the president, reports CBS News Correspondent Steve Holt.

The game is available as an Internet download for $9.99.

"What we are hoping to do is re-ignite people's passion for history. This is a unique insight into the assassination," Ewing told the BBC. "We think there's a whole generation of people who have no experience of the Kennedy assassination."

"I hasten to add that we don't regard it as a video game because there's no imagination been used to create the scene," Ewing said. "It's been covered in every kind of media so far, whether in books or movies, so what we've done is really just to extend that into the interactive media."

Sen. Kennedy's spokesman, David Smith, would not comment on whether the family was taking any action to stop the game's release.

"It's despicable. There's really no further comment," Smith said, adding that the Washington office started getting calls about the game Friday.

decadbal is offline Banned
    i personally dont like JFK, or his administration, i dont think its very cool that they made this game, he is someones son, brother father.. so that has to hurt extremely bad for his remaining family.

workdude is offline Senior Member
    This game is so not called for....It's in really poor taste....

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I'd say it's in bad taste as well. But I have to ask............can you place someone behind the grassy knoll? hahahaha

calidude is offline Senior Member
    It is in poor taste. Juggernaut...I belive so... j/k

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    It said in one article that it was based that oswald was the only shooter so Imma haffta go with a negatron on the grassy knoll shooter. I was pissed I couldnt find the game then I saw it was 10 bucks to download. F that.

dirtythirty is offline Associate Member
    also think it's a bit ridiculous

SickNasty is offline Associate Member
    3 shots for ten bucks, yah right they can f-off

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    Terrible judgment to believe this is a "game". There is no entertainment in my view and I agree it was in poor taste. I heard a person say "what's next? Fly an aircraft into the World Trade Center?" How about a "game where you can be a concentration camp commandant and exterminate Jews.

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    its not gonna sell......

I R Baboon is offline Associate Member

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage
    its not gonna sell......
    Unfortunately yes it will.

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    Unfortunately yes it will.
    controvesry may slightly boost its sales margins, but i don't c large profits in the future......

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    I think it is hillarious!
    Last edited by BamaSlamma; 11-24-2004 at 08:43 PM.

houseofpain is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    i personally dont like JFK, or his administration, i dont think its very cool that they made this game, he is someones son, brother father.. so that has to hurt extremely bad for his remaining family.
    agreed, that is one phucked up game and i refuse to play it.
    ~HOP

imann is offline Member
    That is one of the most disrespectful things I have ever seen........I will definetly not buy,play or support it in any way.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    They should make on for his brother as well...chase that lib-lab through a the hotel kitchen...and ol fat boy Ted as well...stop the drunk from putting his car into the river..save the girl!

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaSlamma
    They should make on for his brother as well...chase that lib-lab through a the hotel kitchen...and ol fat boy Ted as well...stop the drunk from putting his car into the river..save the girl!
    bahaahahhahahaha, save jfk jr. from taking a nose dive off the coast of maine hahahaha.. thats wrong i apologize guys

Swellin Guest
    I have to agree with decdbol on this, I am no big fan of JFK's actions or his poilices, but I support him as a former President of the United States. While I disagree with much of what he did, I have a tremendous amount of respect for the man as a President.

Okay, let's skip the presidential part of this...what if he were some random guy killed in a McDonald's, wouldn't the recreation of this in a video game be just as distateful? I think so. This is trivializing the worth of a human life. I am outraged that something this uncooth is not being attacked hard enough.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellin
    I have to agree with decdbol on this, I am no big fan of JFK's actions or his poilices, but I support him as a former President of the United States. While I disagree with much of what he did, I have a tremendous amount of respect for the man as a President.

Okay, let's skip the presidential part of this...what if he were some random guy killed in a McDonald's, wouldn't the recreation of this in a video game be just as distateful? I think so. This is trivializing the worth of a human life. I am outraged that something this uncooth is not being attacked hard enough.
    I fully agree. But unfortunetly bad taste sells.

D-END is offline Anabolic Member
    TASTLESS FVCKERS....people will do anything and hurt anyone to make a buck.

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    It is totally beside the point that JFK was a president. The important thing is that he was a real person, and the game makes, well, a game out of his murder. It is one thing to zap intergalactic mutant invaders, or nazi SS guards, or other characters out to kill you, but a totally different thing to shoot an actual regular person in cold blood. I say it is sick, in poor taste, and should not be sold to impressionable kids or to anybody who is so mentally challenged that they would want to buy it in the first place. And I think if the author of the game introduced himself to me, I would have to slap him around just a bit.

Thread Information