BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

My "State of AR" treatise - THE CLIFF NOTES

Realizing this thread (http://67.18.108.244//showthread.php...85#post1402985)might be too long for most to want to waste time with (i certainly wouldn't read it) I've created a cliff notes version to make up for my long winded posting:

I. Every few months AR goes into a sort of disarray as to the state of our culture

II. In my almost two and a half active years here, I've seen a few such instances

III. They all tend to revolve around the way the mods handle large scale scamming issues or what level of activism the mods should have in 'policing'

IV. With regards to scamming discussion, I maintain, even as someone who lost a grand on a scam that might have been brought to our attention earlier by the powers that be, that they do a great job. Keeping things "stable" has a better long term benefit to us all than there is a benefit to saving the last few who may send money to a scammer, much as it sucks to be one of those last few.

V. With regards to the mods need/ability to police, they have a difficult job, as we are one of the most diverse cross sections of people you'll find collected in one place. Most boards tend to self-select and segregate - bodybuilding attracts democrats and republicans, rich and poor, insanely educated and barely graduated, etc etc. That being said, there has been a lot of confusion and inconsistency as to what is considered an overstepping of bounds and what is not. I think that lack of confusion can be mitigated with more equity, uniformity and consistency on the part of the mods as a COLLECTIVE unit.

VI. If this is the biggest problem we have, we're in good shape.

VII. As the best board on the net, we should want to address that problem in a significant way, even if most other boards would kill to have that be their biggest problem.

workdude is offline Senior Member
    Nice post BigGreen...much easier to read...

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by workdude
    Nice post BigGreen...much easier to read...
    Yeah, i had NO idea how long the original had become until I logged back in to take a look.

Thread Information