Iowa is offline Banned

Ankle still not healed

Ok people, around October 1st I forgot how to walk and jacked my ankle up really bad. I went to the E.R. and had Xrays done and the doc said that nothing was broke. Well, its been 2 months, my ankle is still a little swollen, and I have a little pain when I do a squat with just my body weight(ill just do 1 squat a week to see how i feel). I havent done ANY leg work since the sprain and It freaking blows.
    I was wondering if any of you have had any experiences with badly sprained ankles and how long it took for you to recover enough to do leg work. Also, any tips on how I can speed up the process would be great. I was thinking about starting to do some light calf raises but IDK. What do you think?

D-END is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowa
    Ok people, around October 1st I forgot how to walk and jacked my ankle up really bad. I went to the E.R. and had Xrays done and the doc said that nothing was broke. Well, its been 2 months, my ankle is still a little swollen, and I have a little pain when I do a squat with just my body weight(ill just do 1 squat a week to see how i feel). I havent done ANY leg work since the sprain and It freaking blows.
    I was wondering if any of you have had any experiences with badly sprained ankles and how long it took for you to recover enough to do leg work. Also, any tips on how I can speed up the process would be great. I was thinking about starting to do some light calf raises but IDK. What do you think?
    First off I want to say your doctor is stupid. Xrays only check the bones, if you damaged ligaments he wouldn't be able to tell unless you get an MRI. So with that being said you need to get a second opinion, maybe bring up an MRI to the doc before you go on lifting again and probably some Physical theropy.

decadbal is offline Banned
    id have the cushioning for your ankles, bc that soundsl ike the prob. good luck bro, i have such a pissy week when i dont get legs in.. i feel like iwasted a week

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    If there is pain, don't train.

Sounds like cartilage or ligament damage yeah. And if you don't take the time to let it recover fully, you will be sorry. Trying to train through it with light weights is counterproductive. Let it heal! If it still hurts a month or two from now, get a REAL doctor to look at it, not that quack you are using.

I have problems with my ankles, sprained both realy bad several times. Hate to break it to you, but I don't think it ever heals. I think a break would have been better. The last time I sprained them, was over 3 years ago, and they are both still swollen, and both tender. I honeslty havent been the same since, when I play basketball, or any sport for that matter, I'm alot softer than I used to be because subconsciously I think I'm gonna hurt them again.

Thread Information