Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Charger527 is offline Senior Member

Things that really p*ss u off in the gym

What really p*sses you off at the gym and in everyday life, ill start

I hate the group of guys who come in, all in super tight singlets and jean shorts or similiar. When you want to use a piece of equipment they are always on on it, not working out but talking. They never train legs and end every workout with bi curls with the worst form imaginable.
    If i was not such a nice guy......

Last edited by Charger527; 11-17-2008 at 01:31 AM.

Mulciber is offline Scammer
    talkers.. people who always want to talk to you when your training..
    why do you think i stick these things in my ears soon as i walk in and blare the music you wankers.. if i want to talk ill talk when im done.. not a social club.

said this one before but that old naked guy who is always in the locker room with one leg kicked up on the bench.. seems he is always there.. morning, evening..dont matter..
    wtf is he all about.. you know you have one of these too... lol

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    OH SH*T,,, you meant in the gym,,,,,,,lol................well really pends if i'm in a good mood or not......

But guys that come in just to fcuk around and act like clowns ticks me off
    Last edited by Older lifter; 11-17-2008 at 01:36 AM. Reason: miss read the thread at first

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    I've made a similar thread, and the responses you will most likely get is "dude, don't worry about others, just focus on yourself and do the best you can".

But in response to your question...guys who come in every workout and do chest/bi's, guys who are trying to rip up who weigh only 150lbs, guys who are fat and walk around like they're big, guys who grunt on every rep, guys who feel they have the right to wear a singlet because they have a gym membership...I could go on forever, but lately I've been blocking out all the negative energy in the gym, and really focusing on myself, and I gotta tell ya, it feels phenomenal

Quote Originally Posted by Mulciber View Post

said this one before but that old naked guy who is always in the locker room with one leg kicked up on the bench.. seems he is always there.. morning, evening..dont matter..
    ^^^lmfao i know the guy your talking about. i think hes homeless and just goes there to shower.....

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    i find if someone clicks their dumbells consistently during lifts it greatly increases my aggression. Happened to me last week, guy had his headphones on full blast on top of it so i couldnt tell him to **** off either. That being said, i reached a new personal best for dumbell press.

yeah the bonus of someone p*ssing you off is you lift more

Quote Originally Posted by Older lifter View Post
    OH SH*T,,, you meant in the gym,,,,,,,lol................well really pends if i'm in a good mood or not......

But guys that come in just to fcuk around and act like clowns ticks me off
    lol i tried to change thread tiltle for you....

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulciber View Post
    talkers.. people who always want to talk to you when your training..
    why do you think i stick these things in my ears soon as i walk in and blare the music you wankers.. if i want to talk ill talk when im done.. not a social club.

He said "wankers."

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    OMG talkers all the way, those ****ers...... there the same size they were a year ago, drinking their goddamn chocomokafukalotacarmeltootiefrootie drinks and curling 10lb dumbbells and thats the guys?! spending 3 hours in the gym..... I get there after they do and leave before they go up todo their cardio and look at me like how is he so big, he hardly works out, just does a few sets - granted those sets are with ridiculous amounts of weight- screaming at the end (failure) and he is so big, ****ers. sorry very touchy subject with me

clockwork_killer is offline Associate Member
    yer gta be the talkers or the people tht fvck about on equipment when u wna use it

Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member
    A pet peeve of mine is the guy(s) who walk in, buy a musclemilk or whatever the hell it is that they drink, look at a few machines, do a set or two, then leave. Then, they wonder why they don't get results.

VeraDeMilo is offline Member
    - Guys who load up the squat bar and then only go partially down no where near parallel.

- Guys who load up the bench press and only do half reps.

- The gotti looking kids that come in and color coordinated workout outfits and their hair gelled in a blowout and their ipod strapped around their bicep.

- people who either leave the dumbells on the ground after they are done, or rack them in the wrong place on the dumbell rack.

- people that don't strip their weights.

- Guys who walk around with ILS (Imaginary Lat Syndrome) who act like they have to flare their arms out to the side when they walk because their lats are so big.

- Fat kids who think they are big.

- The kids who weigh 150lbs and think they are the shit cause they have anorexic bodies with 6-packs.

JDMSilviaSpecR is offline Vicious With Malicious Intent
    - Idiots who think they're someting special by loading up massive amounts of weight but doing 1/10 sets ( You know what I'm talking about here)
    - Tools who wear Jeans or Street Clothes into the Gym
    - Fat F*cks with I'm the strongest man syndrome
    - People who grab a specific weight (like dumbbells) and bring it with them wherever they go for their workout session like its their property.
    - Those idiots who wear the tight ass under armour athletic tops that can't even fill it in.
    - The fact that I can't smash every moron at the gym without penalty.

I'm sure theres more these are just the things I can think of on the top of my head. Just woke up, heh.

Voland is offline Celtiberian Pagan Whoremachine Leader
    people who let they towel in a bench they are not using, their water in another bench they are nog using and you think some one else must be there ond its the same stuoid moron, who btw wear a tabk top and is skinny and does "tsaa tsaaa" noise in each rep.

Quote Originally Posted by VeraDeMilo View Post
    - Guys who load up the squat bar and then only go partially down no where near parallel.

- The gotti looking kids that come in and color coordinated workout outfits and their hair gelled in a blowout and their ipod strapped around their bicep.

- people who either leave the dumbells on the ground after they are done, or rack them in the wrong place on the dumbell rack.

- Guys who walk around with ILS (Imaginary Lat Syndrome) who act like they have to flare their arms out to the side when they walk because their lats are so big.

- The kids who weigh 150lbs and think they are the shit cause they have anorexic bodies with 6-packs.

That is hilarious and so true. I am going to start using that abbrev.

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    It changes a lot but my current issues are:

People who dont rack their weights. It is a serious issue at our gym. These a-holes leave about 10 dumbbell sets on the ground or more. It is so bad sometimes you have to move a bunch just to have room to move at any of the benches. You would think it is the heavy dumbbells right? nope.. it's the 30-50 lb ones??!!

similar to racking dumbbells, its the same a-holes who dont strip their weights when done. The other day I was waiting for this jackass to get done with his 45 min squat session(this is another issue lol). He walks away and leaves 225 lbs on the bar?!! i wanted to say.. "you mother****er, get back here and take the fkin weight off!!"

People who take way to long on the squat racks!! My gym has only one squat rack. Not a very big place overall. I go to do squats and this guy beats me to the rack by a matter of inches lol. So I go continue my warm up on the tread mill. 45 minutes later he finally gets done..... This guy is the pillar of couch potato builds. He is putting a lot of weight on the bar and im thinking wow, this guy lifts more than i thought he could. When he does his squats he put his legs super wide and does these 4 inch squats. I have never seen this before lol. Im like you got to be kidding me!! He does pyramid sets from what i can tell. i so wanted to ask what he thought he was accomplishing. Because whatever is, you need to change it cause it isnt working for you!

People with gym memberships who dont workout. This big fatties, older people, skinny-fat people...etc. Get a gym membership and just sit in the fking sauna, pool or hot tub all day. They just chit chat with each other and watch the old ladies swim laps. One day the pool and sauna were closed and i joked with front counter person, "oh no! they have to workout now!" she just laughed...

on a side note.. this guy at the gym always makes me smile. He looks exactly like Patrick Swayze from a 1980's movie.
    Last edited by AdamGH; 11-17-2008 at 11:00 AM.

I forgot about another classic that aggravates me. The guy who goes in every day and starts with flat bench. Usually, these type of people have an incredibly strong flat bench. However, after they are done repping out 315 on flat, they walk over to incline and hit 225 for 2 or 3 and then struggle to get it back on the rack. Egoooo

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    Quote Originally Posted by VeraDeMilo View Post

Anybody ever have the assholes who walk around in wife beaters getting sweat all over the benchs and machines and DONT WIPE THEM DOWN!

One day this Cholo sweats his ass off on the flat bench. (he was working hard, doing 225.)

Mind you guys, im about 190 right now, this kid was probably 25-28 years old, 240, big guy, strong, but flabby guy with titties strong.

So he finishes and i walk over and there is SWEAT EVERYWHERE!

So i say to him, "Hey homes, you wanna wipe this down?"

He goes, "Na you good."

So i look at him, walk up right into his grill, and say "Get the **** over there and wipe your damn sweat off before i make you lick it off!"

I was so pissed by this point, i swear it took every inch of me not to knock this ****er out.

Anyway, he wipped it up and went to the locker room.

Im so gonna open my own gym.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    People who just take your weights which is annoying. Or the thin kids who do pull ups for everybody in the gym and think they are mad.

BIG_TRUCK is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by war4BTT View Post

Anybody ever have the assholes who walk around in wife beaters getting sweat all over the benchs and machines and DONT WIPE THEM DOWN!

One day this Cholo sweats his ass off on the flat bench. (he was working hard, doing 225.)

Mind you guys, im about 190 right now, this kid was probably 25-28 years old, 240, big guy, strong, but flabby guy with titties strong.

So he finishes and i walk over and there is SWEAT EVERYWHERE!

So i say to him, "Hey homes, you wanna wipe this down?"

He goes, "Na you good."

So i look at him, walk up right into his grill, and say "Get the **** over there and wipe your damn sweat off before i make you lick it off!"

I was so pissed by this point, i swear it took every inch of me not to knock this ****er out.

Anyway, he wipped it up and went to the locker room.

Im so gonna open my own gym.

LOL good one!

If someone ever did that to me I would probably head butt them into the next life!

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish&Andy View Post
    I've made a similar thread, and the responses you will most likely get is "dude, don't worry about others, just focus on yourself and do the best you can".

But in response to your question...guys who come in every workout and do chest/bi's, guys who are trying to rip up who weigh only 150lbs, guys who are fat and walk around like they're big, guys who grunt on every rep, guys who feel they have the right to wear a singlet because they have a gym membership...I could go on forever, but lately I've been blocking out all the negative energy in the gym, and really focusing on myself, and I gotta tell ya, it feels phenomenal

Because that is what you should be doing, sure there are tons of shit that can go on and that can annoy you, I have been getting annoyed lately too. For me, its weights all over the place and when the place is ****ing packed. But those things are not due to me not being focused. I'm not sstanding around looking for jackasses or anything..
    ***No source checks!!!***

OH REALLY is offline Banned
    everyone asks me for gear all the time

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    People who mug me for doing curls in the squat rack.

Tambit24 is offline Member
    My buddy who likes to tell me stories when I'm trying to lift and when people don't put weights back or in the right spots. How hard is it to put them in the right spots. Makes me want to just grab the weight and huck it at them.

Chitown Raider is offline Anabolic Member
    The idiot who's texting or playing games on his phone while using and in between sets on a machine that you are waiting for.

Had this one toothpick that looked like he was doing some form of a martial art or a really bad form of stretching. This ****er is always doing it either in front of the mirror by either the squat rack or the shrug machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Charger527 View Post
    lol i tried to change thread tiltle for you....
    Thanks,, but you don't want me getting started on what i first wrote,,, man that really gets my goat up....lol

Dinosaur is offline Member
    well first i have to addmit that i have a hard time putting the wait back. why? plz don't ask & don't comment.
    getting back to the Q:
    1- people who over react by screaming when in fact they think they r serious and lefting heavy while there not.
    2- in the locker room where this group of fuvkos keep talking like bitches especialy at the sauna and staring at everyone who changed there clothes.
    3- this big fat dude who c me every time and ask me to spot him like iam his p/t.
    " but he ask me nicely" its wierd every time i c him his doing either chest or shoulders his shape never changes iam woundering how many of u guys have seen that?

Te_Reus is offline New Member
    the gotti kids doing nothing but curls and bench press then standing up and grilling everyone in the gym like they are gonna do something.

the fat guys who come up to you and tell you that you arent doing something correctly ; "no man you need to do more reps to get bigger"

At the boxing gym i go to, the fan tan fighter groupie bro ho bitches who come in and have a social hour talking about dumb bullshit while they stand in front of the bag and pretend to be working out.

i think we should open a gym with a select members and rules.

oh by the way there will be no bicep curling machines!! i hate them and all they do is take up space, i mean ones ok but the gym im in now has three, and only one squat rack and one bench WTF

I think the best gyms are the ones with a separate fitness area and a specific weight room (ideally one that you have to earn the right to get into, sounds bad i know but something that starters can aim to get into, like a right of passage or something).

scibble is offline "A Dukkit In The Making"
    All the benches are being used and this guy is standing next to one bench racked up with weights, talking for awhile, so I ask him if he is using the bench and he says he is; then he goes on talking to his friend for another fifteen minutes

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    the only thing that bothers me are;

1. guys who get upset when I am curling at the squat rack
    2. guys who get upset when I am talking to my bro.

just messing w/ you guys..

only thing that really gets to me are the people who don't clean up after themself... leaving weights on machine or stuff on the floor is flat out lazy, rude and inconsiderate.. it really pisses me off... other than that... I don't give a shit what others are doing.

it is none of my business...and what i do is none of theirs.... if anyone has a problem with what I do, i think they should come say something so we can straighten it out...
    Last edited by rockinred; 11-18-2008 at 07:55 AM.

deliverance is offline Associate Member
    Man these are the people that pay to find friends that dont do **** but talk and and hold up all the equipment and alwys have just 3 sets left and by the time you get done are still working on their 1st set....wanna just tell them i will spot you and push them till theystart to shake and then walk away so it drops on their chest....LMAO

jnewton86 is offline Member
    TALKERS!!! the headphones go in, the world gets tuned out

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jnewton86 View Post
    TALKERS!!! the headphones go in, the world gets tuned out
    My headphones broke recently. Have to listen to all the crap at the gym now....

wanabeMASSIVE! is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger527 View Post
    What really p*sses you off at the gym and in everyday life, ill start

I hate the group of guys who come in, all in super tight singlets and jean shorts or similiar. When you want to use a piece of equipment they are always on on it, not working out but talking. They never train legs and end every workout with bi curls with the worst form imaginable.
    If i was not such a nice guy......

I call them 'Valentine Boys'...

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    I hate the aerobic equipment in the same room as the weights. I much prefer them being in seperate locations.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    curls in the squat rack. half squats, half benches. Little 200lb twigs telling me I'm squatting wrong or squats are bad for my knees, heavy deads are bad for my back, etc.

That's why I converted my guest house into a gym. No worries no idiots and no distractions.

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Groups of guys talking while hogging a machine or the free weights.

Someone who will take about 3 or 4 sets of dumbells with him. Maybe this is just me, but I think that's ****ing rude and inconsiderate. I take one set of weights, and then when ive done my set, i put those weights back and get the new weights for my next set.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information