Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger

Post-Holiday Warriors

I go to the gym this morning as usual for AM cardio, it must be the holiday thing because everyone and their momma is in there...to make a long story short..i have to end up using the worst elliptical at the gym due to every "post-holiday warrior" on the good equipment.

All i heard was, "Yeah, the holidays got to me...thought i better get back in here bla bla bla"...I was thinking, **** man i've never seen you before what are you talking "get back in here".

I just knew i would have a good machine after 15 minutes or so as most don't know anything about working out....well 20 minutes pass and i get my chance...i finally secured a wonderful elliptical that i use that has the HR monitor etc...

Just wondering is this a freak occurence or does this happen at your gym? I am not to worried because i know they won't be there next week but just had to share. A bit frustrating to say the least.

Oh, i don't wish to be negative, i think it is cool when someone changes their lifestyle but these types do not fall into this category IMO.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Good machines? What happend to bars and dumbells?

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    its a natural occurence. no different from weekend warriors. of those holiday gym warriors, 90% will not maintain their lifestyle after the holidays, 10% will remain and be consistent. btw its the spirit of giving and sharing and i am sure they are entitled to use the machines just as you are

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Hahaha I hear you.....a few of the people I haven't seen in the gym for well over three or four months showed up this morning. I picked on therm by telling them most people wait till after the new year to start going back to the gym. Which for sure will be when we see a whole bunch of new people showing up....but the good thing is they'll all be gone within four weeks tops.

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Oh yea bro, happens to me all the time. I refuse to go to the gym after Thanksgiving and Christmas just for this reason. I just go the day of the holiday, always empty. You know youre hardcore when youre squatting 4 plates on Thanksgiving morning. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Maraxus
    You know youre hardcore when youre squatting 4 plates on Thanksgiving morning. lol.
    You're talking dinner plates aren't you? That's the only way I could see you doing four plates. hahahahahahaha

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut
    You're talking dinner plates aren't you? That's the only way I could see you doing four plates. hahahahahahaha
    Ill have the orderlies remove your internet connection if you keep pushing it old man. No canasta for you today!

Quote Originally Posted by Maraxus
    Ill have the orderlies remove your internet connection if you keep pushing it old man. No canasta for you today!
    You have got to be kidding me.....bro I'm like the Godfather around here.....I get a piece of all the action in here. Everything from the dead pool to the sponge bath scams. I'm the AARP biotch! Don't mess with me or I'l call your parents and grandparents and they'll be prying into everything you're into.

PS I hate canasta...that's a suckers game. I'm more of a shuffle board shark if you will. hahahahaha

workdude is offline Senior Member
    I think it happens everywhere....wait until everyone makes their new years resolution...The first month will be hell then after that it will be business as usual...

Spyder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by workdude
    I think it happens everywhere....wait until everyone makes their new years resolution...The first month will be hell then after that it will be business as usual...
    Exactly! ... January is a busy month with all those planning to start the year off right. It's funny to see that disappear in February.

Once in a while one will stick it out. Last year a pretty heavy young lady started coming in every morning of the week. After a month I gave her a few hints on how to help her out with her diet.....one year later she's lost like 60 pounds. I like to see new faces and people who commit themselves to improvement...it's rare but it happens now and again.

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    I walked into the gym at 6:45 am today and it was packed. I have never seen it so busy in the am like this.

Quote Originally Posted by fitnessNY
    I walked into the gym at 6:45 am today and it was packed. I have never seen it so busy in the am like this.
    Wait till after the New Years.

What kills me is after they do cardio not one of them is even broken a sweat...men or women. I like to burst their bubble by telling them they just wasted 30 minutes. hahahahaha

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Wait till after the New Years.

What kills me is after they do cardio not one of them is even broken a sweat...men or women. I like to burst their bubble by telling them they just wasted 30 minutes. hahahahaha
    I see this silly **** all of the time,

I am working like hell and they are on the machine next to mine, and want to talk while we are doing cardio,

I, between breaths, tell them that if they can talk and are not out of breath, they need to turn it up a notch or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    I see this silly **** all of the time,

I am working like hell and they are on the machine next to mine, and want to talk while we are doing cardio,

I, between breaths, tell them that if they can talk and are not out of breath, they need to turn it up a notch or two.
    I do the same thing. Generally the ladies keep a machine or two distance between me and themselves.....I got sweat flying all over the place and for some strange reason they don't want any on themselves. hahahaha

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    i workout regardless what day it is or holidays......if the gym is open i am there to keep up with my schedule.
    post-holiday rush is only temporary so its all good....

Quote Originally Posted by palme
    Good machines? What happend to bars and dumbells?

Read my post again you silly swede, i am talking cardio here.

Well going to do legs now..wonder how many will be there? Will post when i get back.

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    i completely forgot about the new year crowd, its almost that time too.....

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    yea, tonight was packed at the college gym i lift at. I swear every fat mother phucker was in there walkin around, gettin in me and my buddies way.......but like it was stated before, they'll be out within a week or two and it'll be back to normal.....until new years

Ok back from a solid leg workout. The crowd was a little big tonight but nothing unbearable. I guess they are too gun hoe when it comes to pushing up weights huh?

I am sure they will be there in the morning though.

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDfromGC
    i completely forgot about the new year crowd, its almost that time too.....

its just kind of funny to walk in there after new years. its almost impossible to lift beause of the number of ppl. My college gym has a limit to how many ppl can be in there at once and last year for like the first week or two we had to wait outside for ppl to finish and leave to go in, so we wouldn't go over the limit

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1badcamaro
    its just kind of funny to walk in there after new years. its almost impossible to lift beause of the number of ppl. My college gym has a limit to how many ppl can be in there at once and last year for like the first week or two we had to wait outside for ppl to finish and leave to go in, so we wouldn't go over the limit
    im one of the lucky ones to have a decent set up in my basement for rough times like the ones after new years. have adjustable bench, olympic barbell w/350lbs of weights, sets of 25, 35, 45 lb dumbells, and chinup/dip station.... and ill be getting a set of 55 lb dumbells for christmas, and maybe 65's too....

maxex is offline Member
    the only thing i care about is the women, and thank go dfor the holiday cuz the amount of hot chicks just multiplied. for now.

gya321 is offline Member
    LMAO, hahhaha

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Two options:

Train at home until the rush dies down.

Or:

Eat lots of pickled eggs and plenty of cheap whey protein so you get a nasty case of the protein farts. Just stand upwind of the station you want for a phew er I mean few minutes. The hardcores won't mind you passing a little gas. The folks who want to get "toned up" after their turkey and punkin pie will give you plenty of space.

mfenske is offline Member
    I hafta admit I would rather have the newbies because they have enthusiasm. I hate seeing the same old schlubs that toil away day in and out and still look the same or worse than whey they started. Mark

Thread Information