Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'

Anyone watch alexander?

just saw the movie and it was the biggest dissapointment ever. i thought it was going to be one gigantic epic like lord of the rings, tro, braveheart or even gladiator. phucking did not even come close. and to think it was directed by oliver stone! they were talking too much in the movie and the action scenes were not even that great.

did you guys like the flick?

Maraxus is offline Banned
    I heard it was garbage. My friend said he left the movie right in the middle of the flick.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    The trailers didn't look good and there's been no buzz about it, so I figured it would be a disappointment. I'm glad you saved me $50 (that's what movies cost these days, right?--I mean when you take someone out to a movie. Not to mention dinner before hand--that's another $100.)

Thanks for the heads up.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    The critics are killing it here, and considering its got two Irish actors that says something. Its a major flop here.

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    The critics are killing it here, and considering its got two Irish actors that says something. Its a major flop here.
    i think the critics are pretty much bad-mouthing it eveywhere. in greece for example, they are suing the movie copmany for excessively portraying alexander as a bisexual. whatever the case this movie really sucked!

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    Too bad, Colin Farrell is one of my favourites...... I'll probably still see this movie just on that basis.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    I watched the movie this weekend..thought it would be good..hoped for lots fighting and seeing Ol' Alex dish out some misery...turns out it was more of a queer flick than an action movie.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I'd heard it was a flop-o-rama.....I'll wait till it comes out in DVD....then I won't rent it either.

I saw it last night, I thought it was ok, but nothign like I thought it would be, big disapointment for sure

peace
    Alex

man that movie had way to much pole smoking and homoerotic **** going on in it for me. I can handel some gay **** in movies, but that movie took it way over the line...was to much beef eating and not enough ass kicking

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    i'll give you the ass kicking you desire

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by 1badcamaro
    i'll give you the ass kicking you desire

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    See there...now I'm really pissed....I'm a big Alexander buff. I've read everything I could get my hands on about him. With as much as he did and the events in his life they could have really made a kick ass movie. Freakin Hollywood.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Where's tock when you need him?

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    now that i've looked at this thread i saved $19.......

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    It was pretty bad... too much gayness for me. Everytime he won a battle he would go to bed with a dude, instead of banging any hot ass chick he wanted. tough to watch

D-END is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdawg50
    It was pretty bad... too much gayness for me. Everytime he won a battle he would go to bed with a dude, instead of banging any hot ass chick he wanted. tough to watch
    that sucks, the stories i read in history class were pretty tight. leave it to hollywood to ruin a legend

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    i was hoping it would be another troy but it definately was not..it was a big let down, i don't understand if the writers wanted you to like or dislike alexander...it was a long drawn out movie w/ too many stories at once..."i wish i had four hands so i could give it four thumbs down"

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D-END
    that sucks, the stories i read in history class were pretty tight. leave it to hollywood to ruin a legend

It's kind of funny. This is the one of few circumstances i know of where hollywood tells it like it is while history class lies to you.

decadbal is offline Banned
    well that sucks i wanted to see it.. i wait for the dvd now

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    shlt i was plannin on goin this week wit my girl, guess we'll wait til i can burn it.

geoneo is offline Associate Member
    the movie wasn't even worth downloading i could have used the six to seven hours of downloading to do something else with my computer, there was bisex, straight sex, and i even think interspecies sex between an indian elephant and alexanders horse near the end of the movie - the peeps who have seen it will now what i mean. i never new anything about alexander before i saw this movie and i certainly dont know anything about him now except he was bisexual

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    I was gonna DL it from a newsgroup but I saw it was only a cam and I mostly prefer to DL only screeners or dvd rips. Now I'm glad I didn't bother with it. A the G was indeed a butt bandit, but so were most Greeks back then. It was thought that you would be more likely to watch out for your butt buddy than just another grunt, so the military encouraged it.

I know what you mean about too much rump jumping ruining the movie. I just downloaded all 6 seasons of OZ and I have watched about half of it. Jeez, those guys never stop! Yeah I know that is the reality of it, but they don't have to make homosezuality the main theme of the series!

I did DL a documentary called "The True Story of Alexander the Great" but I haven't watched it yet. It appears to be VCD compliant mpg, 3 CDs worth. Probbly a BBC production. All the knob-bobbing aside, the man lived a fascinating life. Look how young the kid was when he had most of the then-known civilized world under his control, after starting with the little piss-pot kingdom of Macedonia. And look how quickly his empire crumbled after his death, due to his total lack of planning. I think he just didn't give a poo about what happened to the world or the people in it after his death.

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    If you ever studied history it's a well known fact that Alexander the Great
    was know to like men... He still was the one of the great warriors of all
    time and his name still lives on today thousands of years later... I also
    like Colin Farrell alot as an actor, but he was the wrong choice for this
    movie and also Oliver Stone always puts his stupid ass spin on things
    ruining IMO what could have been a classic movie...

Even Brad Pitt came close to pulling off the role of Achilles even though
    that movie fell a little short of the older version about the Trojan War...
    I'll still go see it because I love ancient history and mythology, but it
    sounds like it wasn't produced very well...

Quote Originally Posted by HULK1732
    man that movie had way to much pole smoking and homoerotic **** going on in it for me. I can handel some gay **** in movies, but that movie took it way over the line...was to much beef eating and not enough ass kicking
    Last edited by Jack87; 11-30-2004 at 12:57 AM.

Thread Information