Dally is offline The Dally Lama

How long is long enough in the sauna?

say everyday after morning empty belly cardio?

and its friggen hot as hell in there and steamy as hell...how long is long enough? or is it better to not have it as hot and stay in there longer type thing?

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    no, got for the highest temp you can get. Monitor your pulse... it is a good indicator that you are approaching heat exhaustion. I figure 160 BPM for me, but you might want to stick with 140 or so in the beginning... count the beats and watch your second hand go through 90 degrees and multiply by 4. Then get out and cool down a bit under a warm shower. Get back in, if you like. Repeat another time or two if you want. Be sure to stay hydrated. Typically you will be in the sauna for about 15 minutes at a stretch, maybe 20, depending on the temperature and how well you are acclimatized to it. Less is better, to begin with. You could figure on say 10 minutes, come out and take a 60 second cooldown in the shower, and go back in for 10. Next time increase a little if you want, but monitor that pulse. Be careful because you might be dizzy when you first stand up. You don't want to fall and hit your noggin. Same thing goes for a hot tub, if it is a real honest to crap hot tub.

One sign of approaching heat exhaustion is irritability or impatience. If you notice yourself getting antsy, time to mosey on out of there and have your cooldown.

floyd_turbo is offline Member
    i am a ninja

decadbal is offline Banned
    coudlnt tell u, i dont do the dehydration thing.lol

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dally
    say everyday after morning empty belly cardio?

and its friggen hot as hell in there and steamy as hell...how long is long enough? or is it better to not have it as hot and stay in there longer type thing?

after about a six pack!

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    after about a six pack!
    Agreed...

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baron
    no, got for the highest temp you can get. Monitor your pulse... it is a good indicator that you are approaching heat exhaustion. I figure 160 BPM for me, but you might want to stick with 140 or so in the beginning... count the beats and watch your second hand go through 90 degrees and multiply by 4. Then get out and cool down a bit under a warm shower. Get back in, if you like. Repeat another time or two if you want. Be sure to stay hydrated. Typically you will be in the sauna for about 15 minutes at a stretch, maybe 20, depending on the temperature and how well you are acclimatized to it. Less is better, to begin with. You could figure on say 10 minutes, come out and take a 60 second cooldown in the shower, and go back in for 10. Next time increase a little if you want, but monitor that pulse. Be careful because you might be dizzy when you first stand up. You don't want to fall and hit your noggin. Same thing goes for a hot tub, if it is a real honest to crap hot tub.

One sign of approaching heat exhaustion is irritability or impatience. If you notice yourself getting antsy, time to mosey on out of there and have your cooldown.
    when i get drunk i know its time to leave the sauna. thats a good indicator for me. i dont want to risk passing out in there. i would look like a **** raisin if i did.

Thread Information