chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member

How many of you been on a CRUISE?

I am going on a carnival cruise in 2 weeks to central america (Belize, costa rica, panama)

For you guys that have gone before what kinds of things should I look for what are my best bets? I do know there will be a singles night party at one of the bars. I am looking to hook it up with some ladies, will it be easy you think? Anything special i should bring with me.

Any comments are appreciated!

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    i havnt been on one but i have many friends who have.. they all come back with pretty good stories....

Yeah...I've never been on one, but it's pretty easy to meet people on one from what I've heard.

My first cruise will be around a year from now, for my honeymoon.

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    It is the coolest vacation I have ever done... I have been on 4...

mass junkie is offline banned
    Yeah ive been a couple of times...........its simply the best time ive ever had in my life "well before my children were born of course"

arent carnivals ships either always breaking down or people get sick from the food?

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I went on a Carnival cruise to Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios, and had a blast,

For my excursions I went scuba diving in Cozumel, then snorkeling in both Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios

Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    I went on a Carnival cruise to Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios, and had a blast,

For my excursions I went scuba diving in Cozumel, then snorkeling in both Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios
    Ocho Rios Sucks balls

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Isla de Margarita is the bomb.

TooSmall is offline Associate Member
    i went on a carnival cruise this summer to cozumel and cayman islands

good **** man

if you want ot meet people theres like a bar/club, with bars all over the place and they have lots of activities and **** to do

take part in them the first couple days until you meet people

definatly a good time, id do it again

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Ocho Rios Sucks balls

I enjoyed snorkeling there, but the rest indeed Sucks Balls,

So what helpful items should I bring from home? What kind of clothes?

Will there be a decent gym?

Is there a restriction or limit to what I can buy on the islands and bring back on the boat? Cuz I would like to do most of my christmas shopping while Im there....

CAPS and BOLD

Quote Originally Posted by chuck89gt5.0
    So what helpful items should I bring from home? MONEY
    What kind of clothes? A LIL BIT OF EVERYTHING

Will there be a decent gym? NO
    Is there a restriction or limit to what I can buy on the islands and bring back on the boat? YES, BUT YOU"LL FIND OUT ONCE YOU GET THERE
    Cuz I would like to do most of my christmas shopping while Im there....

.45Caliber is offline Associate Member
    Mass Junkie has it all right!! Bring alot of money, gym will probably stink, they will tell you what you can bring back. Plan on spending some cash!!

I was on a cruise once, when I was in Greece. Wasnt what I expected, especially considering it was a foreign ship. People were not into meeting, single clubs at night stunk. It just seemed like everyone was there to spend time with their partener or their group of friends. The Greek girls seemed to have no interest in American guys. I just expected more.

Maybe the Carnival ships will be better.
    I wouldn't do the foreign thing again.

Goodluck, let us know how it goes when you get back!!

Oh I will have some good stories no doubt even if I have to shack it up with an older woman........

Rocket is offline Senior Member
    Cruises are great. I go on one every year for my vacation. You will need many changes of clothes. There will most likley be a formal night (suit or tux) diner most nights is a dress up (no jeans or t-shirts) You will need club clothes for the evening affairs you may get a chance to go to a local club at one of the ports. As for meeting ladies, smile, say hi to everyone take many laps around the pool and let everyone you speak with know you are looking fo a date (people love to set others up) don't be suprised if some old lady hooks you up with her grand daughter! As for the gym they will be all machines, it hard to bench with a barbell when the ship is rocking side to side. Good luck and have fun. Let us know how you make out!

Rocket

Thanks. Anyone else =)

I went on a cruise when I was like 10years old, and my cousin was cheating in a swimming pool game (shark, where one person starts at one end, and everyone else starts at the other and tries to get to the sharks end) and he jumped in the pool, and the botton of the ladder or something (not sure what part hit him) went thru his leg, right above his knee. It was scary because the pool turned RED instantly, and my father and grand mother didnt belive me, so they kept drinking their drinks and reading, and it was weird. He had to have surgery on the ship, but we got a lot of free ****!

All in all it was fun (for me), but I am going on one with my father on my 21st birthday (april 10th) and I hope its all good, My father and his brother go on a few every year, and they love them, but they do the cruises that dont dock very much, cause they just gamble and whatnot, no partying

Peace
    Alex

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    carnival is a good cruise for young ppl. And yeah the one I went on was mostly single ppl cuz they are all there for the same reason

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    IO cruise..Med Cruise, RIMPAC and WestPAC crusie..that is enough!

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    Cruise is a good thing to do once, more than that no. They never stay over on an island overnight where you can really party which sucks. The water excursions are real cool tho, as mentioned above. The club(s) on board are often packed with 16yr olds and finding a hot single girl is harder than say going to any spring break destination. I did hookup while i was on a cruise but it took some serious effort which annoyed me. The cruise directors make you sick of how corny they are. What i do like about it is that food is served 24/7. I know its too late but id prefer to stay on an island for a week (Aruba) but thats JMHO.

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    I went on a 7 day cruise to Bermuda from Boston and it was great. I liked it because we stayed in Bermuda for 3 days... got to really enjoy the islans. Bring a suit for formal night and dress up clothes for dinners. Great time...

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    That sounds like a fun cruise, I may have to check that one out...I've been on an alaskan cruise once, 2 mexican riviera cruises, and the chessy ass ensenada cruise about 5 times...

PowerC is offline Junior Member
    I was on a carnival cruise about 4 months ago, I went to cozunel and key west. It was a fun trip but i wasn't to impressed with carnival. To many kids on the boat. The food wasn't as good as I was told. However its all you can eat. I'm going to try norweign next time, i hear its a nicer ship.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerC
    To many kids on the boat.
    I agree,
    It would help if you can time your Cruise, when all of the Kids are in school.

There where a lot of kids on the last Cruise that I went on. One night I was in the Hot Tub with my girl, and about 6 kids joined us, some carrying ice cream cones. One of the kids dropped their ice cream in the hot tub, I about came unglued, scared the **** out of the kids.

decadbal is offline Banned
    cruises had casinso, and we all know where that leads to... hours of exspensive and suspensful fun.

Thread Information