Elliot is offline Anabolic Member

Christopher Reeves Recovery Clip...

I'm doing a presentation on Stem cell research and I need a VA.. I thought I would use the clip of Christopher Reeves running (not independently, at lease I do not think it was) on a treadmill as a visual aid of the miracles, that stem cell is capable of... I was wondering if anyone knew a link to that vid..? I've googled all over and wasnt able to find it.. Thank you..

Ravi is offline Junior Member
    See if this helps you out its froma CNN article.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Movi...11/obit.reeve/

In the meantime, Reeve vowed he would walk again. In 2000, the actor was able to move his index finger, and he maintained a strenuous workout regimen to make his limbs stronger. In a commercial for the Nuveen investment firm, Reeve -- with the help of computer animation -- appeared to walk

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    he never really walked... so you might need to take a different angle.

punk_bbuilder is offline Senior Member
    It wasnt him walking..if you can get a strong enough electirical stimulus to a nerve it will fire...we did the same thing in physiology. We pithed a frog then skinned its leg..found the ciatic nerve and attatched electrodes..upon firing the stimulus an action potential occured resluting in contraction of the Gastrocnemious...so on and so forth

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by punk_bbuilder
    It wasnt him walking..if you can get a strong enough electirical stimulus to a nerve it will fire...we did the same thing in physiology. We pithed a frog then skinned its leg..found the ciatic nerve and attatched electrodes..upon firing the stimulus an action potential occured resluting in contraction of the Gastrocnemious...so on and so forth

thats true but i think the point that they were trying to make was that he nerves were still present and healthy.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    the point is that it was computer animation. it was like vick throwing the ball into the stands from the endzone, or lebron nailing 100 footers one after the other.

Thread Information