Thread: Bench Shirts

Gorgoroth_ is offline Associate Member

Bench Shirts

I am looking into getting a bench shirt... I am thinking of getting either a Heavy Duty Blast Shirt , or a Standard Denim Bench Shirt ( maybe double layered... dunno yet )

Which shirt in your opinion is better for someone unfamilar with bench shirts ? How often will I need to get the shirt refitted ? how many lbs will they likely add ( if that can be determined ) .

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    a shirt that makes you gain weight, lol, i'll take two. but seriously, what is this, i've never heard of it

A bench shirt is something " real " powerlifters use . The guy who set the 1005 lbs bench press used " the phenom " shirt by Inzer .

When you start going heavy shirts help prevent injury and for most they assist in benching. As you bring the bar lower to your chest , the material in the shirt streches... well , it doesn't really want to strech because its already drawn taunt over your chest... so the further you lower it , the more it resists.. and when you start to push the bar off your chest , it kinda assists to a certain point.. that is why most " big benchers " will train exclusively on there lock out - the lock out point is where the shirt stops assisting you .

I know the concept of a bench shirt may seem like " cheating " but it could be argued that steroid usage allow is cheating... and in my opinion.. if everyone is using a shirt then its not cheating ( and yes.. in most serious powerlifting competetions people use shirts . )

( btw http://www.inzernet.com/ has pics of bench shirts you can look at. they look something like wreslting singlets )

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1badcamaro
    a shirt that makes you gain weight, lol, i'll take two. but seriously, what is this, i've never heard of it

Nearly two years and youve never heard of one? Well i never heard of one till i saw it in a thread so... My gym probably isnt "serious" enough to have people walking round with these. Ive heard good things about them though

god d*mn it messy, you didnt explain what it was lol

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    I'd go with a heavy duty blast shirt... i like mine. I liked it better when I weighed 15 lbs less though, its such a BITCH to get into. Definately follow the advice they give on choosing a size for a beginner on there because it will be rediculously tight if you dont

I am also curious about which shirt to choose. I am not sure If I am ready for one yet, but I have been looking into them very closely especially the ones at http://www.inzernet.com/ (only ones I have seen really)

Peace
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    I'd go with a heavy duty blast shirt... i like mine. I liked it better when I weighed 15 lbs less though, its such a BITCH to get into. Definately follow the advice they give on choosing a size for a beginner on there because it will be rediculously tight if you dont

Is the heavy duty hard to get off ?

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    not as hard as it is to get on... youll need at least one more person to slide it on (maybe 2) and just one to get it off

imann is offline Member
    Yeah it's funny as h*ll watching AandF "try" to get in his shrit,but he put up some heavy iron so it all pays off in the end,the shrits will most likely cut you slightly in the armpit area,this just means that you have a good fit.

Casanova33 is offline Associate Member
    the new bench shirts have the velcrow (sp) on the back and they are much easier to get on than the ones that you have to slip over your head. i would expect a good 40-50 lbs increase at least on the bench depending on how tight you get it. a buddy of mine at 181 did 465 at age 20 and his shirt was so loose he could of gone 15 lbs higher if he would of had a tighter shirt on.

* gets in a T - shirt that is five sizes too small and starts dancing like one of brittney's backup dancers *

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    ive never even heard of these

Quote Originally Posted by tycin
    ive never even heard of these

They are for serious Powerlifters mostly I think

Peace
    Alex

I'll say this...If ANYONE believes you will put on a bench shirt and add a lot of weight to your bench your wrong. It takes weeks,months,years of practice to get the technique down. I,myself have used a single ply denim on and off for about a year but never enough to get a big increase.

I don't care for them and yes I'm more into powerlifting then bodybuilding. A lot of the workouts i've done require shirt work,that's the only reason I bought one. MM is the best workout for bench gains and getting used to a bench shirt IMO.

By the way, tighter the better. I've had them rip,but they are supposed to be as tight as possible. If it doesn't take two guys to get the shirt on and off then it's not tight enough. I wouldn't bother with shirt training unless I had personal goals that required shirt use or was competing.

Getting 200lbs out of a shirt is not unheard of,but more realistic with people that have trained with them for years. As I said above, techique is what matters. I've seen many people train without the bench shirts,and go into a meet(mainly high school) and them drop weight on their flat bench,because they assumed the shirt was going to help them,but didnt work with it enough.

hey, not to change the subject, but gorgoroth, is your avatar a picture of the dude that fights, like i saw him fight a dude in his backyard and whoop his a$$?? if it is, do you have any other links to him fighting cause that was some sick $hit

His name is Kimbo Slice , pain in his game

He fights cuz a nigga got to eat , but he better watch out before he loses his teeeethhh

Gorgoroth <-- Master Freestye Battle Wrapper at your local Sears ....

http://www.muchosucko.com/video-bareknucklebrawl.html

Thats a link to kimbo's latest fight...

awesome main, thanx

decadbal is offline Banned
    a bench shirt is a way to help u cheat to achieve a bigger bench

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    And steroids are a way to help you cheat to get more muscle mass , correct ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgoroth_
    And steroids are a way to help you cheat to get more muscle mass , correct ?
    your on the wrong site to be startin that kinda stupid shiiit

Bench Shirts are widespread throughout the powerlifting community . A lot of people are using them ( Some powerlifting organizations do not allow them... ) . I do not see how its cheating if you're using the same shirt as your competetion .

How are they any different from steroids in this respect ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgoroth_
    Bench Shirts are widespread throughout the powerlifting community . A lot of people are using them ( Some powerlifting organizations do not allow them... ) . I do not see how its cheating if you're using the same shirt as your competetion .

I do not see how they are any different from steroids .
    learn more about aas... if you cant bench it freely, without some gizmo to help, then you cant do it.. bottom line...

Powerlifting is powerlifting. Bench shirts are a part of it. Powerlifting isnt raw lifting. A lot of people have the misconception of a bunch of people standing around a bench press and maxing out all the time. That's not powerlifting.

Bodybuilding and Powerlifting are two different sports. Like I said if you've never used a bench shirt and just read articles and heard people talk about them thats like taking advice from the effects of steroids from someone that has never used them.

Only possible comparison you can make is being an all natural competitor in bodybuilding competitions is about the equal of competitive powerlifting without equipment.

Both enhance performance. Both are used in the sports.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    learn more about aas... if you cant bench it freely, without some gizmo to help, then you cant do it.. bottom line...
    if you can't bench it freely, without some steroids to help, then you can't do it.. bottom line...

that would be the logic to shoot yours down.

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    I agree 100% If it isn't a raw bench is isn't a bench. Lets be realistic here, some shirts have helped people add as much as 200lbs to their max bench!

Powerlifting is a dying sport and some will point right at the bench shirt for it's decline. Powerlifting used to be about strength now it is becoming more and more about lock out techniques and equipment (such as shirts).

Thread Information