PiecinItUp is offline Member

Contractors...builders...ect....Question

I live with two guys in a 2 bedroom duplex, my room is in the basement....its not finished but we laid carpet and build a bar and its pretty tight other than the concreat walls and no celing....oh and no heat...it is now december and its not going to get any warmer...I am wondering...since the vents aren't covered...can you ad a vent to one so I can get some heat pumped down here or would that mess some things up?

decadbal is offline Banned
    depends on how the system is laid out, if its new, and in the floor and cieling, with the silver ducts running, u can just cut out the shape and put in a vent..

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    sounds like the duct work might not be where you need it to be. what do you have for a ceiling? do the rooms that are heated have floor vents or only ceiling and wall vents?

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    if its a small room just use a portable heater. they kick out some serious heat.

PiecinItUp is offline Member
    all are floor vents for the rooms that are heated

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PiecinItUp
    I live with two guys in a 2 bedroom duplex, my room is in the basement....its not finished but we laid carpet and build a bar and its pretty tight other than the concreat walls and no celing....oh and no heat...it is now december and its not going to get any warmer...I am wondering...since the vents aren't covered...can you ad a vent to one so I can get some heat pumped down here or would that mess some things up?
    Yes you can add a vent to an existing branch. This is a pretty standard thing to do, just make sure you don't impede the flow to the existing vent.

I don't know how much of a difference it'll make in your room temperature though. The thermostat on the first floor will keep the basement much cooler than the rest of the house.

Sierra_Breeze is offline Female Member
    Maybe try a propain(sp?) heater... our power tends to go out here in the winter far to often and it pretty much heats the major rooms in the house, with no problems...it's no toasty or anything but it's warm and we don't freeze to death.

Thread Information