statuZ is offline Banned

college advice please bros!

hey guys, im going to be graduating this year, and i was looking at a few private colleges in california, i live in arizona and i arleady got into asu, and my grades this semester really suck bad i dont know why but my ADHD is so hard and its making me really depressed about myself! I really want to go to california so i can start all my relationships over, like do you guys understand what i mean? Ill be forced to meet new people, stuff like that i want to experience, and i really love california but i dont think ill get in. If i go to ASU for a year would it be a dumb idea of me to switch? The only reason i wouldnt switch is if i found a girlfriend! thanks, or maybe thats waht i need is a gf =(

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by statuZ
    hey guys, im going to be graduating this year, and i was looking at a few private colleges in california, i live in arizona and i arleady got into asu, and my grades this semester really suck bad i dont know why but my ADHD is so hard and its making me really depressed about myself! I really want to go to california so i can start all my relationships over, like do you guys understand what i mean? Ill be forced to meet new people, stuff like that i want to experience, and i really love california but i dont think ill get in. If i go to ASU for a year would it be a dumb idea of me to switch? The only reason i wouldnt switch is if i found a girlfriend! thanks, or maybe thats waht i need is a gf =(
    I would really, REALLY suggest taking a year off. Having been through undergrad and served as a peer academic counselor and TA during this time, I can tell you that anyone going in as unsure as you appear to be is only going to end up digging themselves a little bit of a hole. Virtually everyone who came in somewhat unsure as to whether or not they should be there going on to grad school, law school, med school, or business school laments the fact that it's their first year GPA and record that tends to diminsh the whole of their application. Even if going right into the workforce, you can't begin to appreciate how much that year off can give you a perspective that other grads who have gone straight through since kindergarten simply don't have because they knew nothing other than school year in and year out.

I feel so strongly about this that, should i have kids, the ONLY way I'll put a dime towards their higher ed is if they take a year off to work a possibly and likely sh!t job to gain that perspective.

statuZ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    I would really, REALLY suggest taking a year off. Having been through undergrad and served as a peer academic counselor and TA during this time, I can tell you that anyone going in as unsure as you appear to be is only going to end up digging themselves a little bit of a hole. Virtually everyone who came in somewhat unsure as to whether or not they should be there going on to grad school, law school, med school, or business school laments the fact that it's their first year GPA and record that tends to diminsh the whole of their application. Even if going right into the workforce, you can't begin to appreciate how much that year off can give you a perspective that other grads who have gone straight through since kindergarten simply don't have because they knew nothing other than school year in and year out.

I feel so strongly about this that, should i have kids, the ONLY way I'll put a dime towards their higher ed is if they take a year off to work a possibly and likely sh!t job to gain that perspective.
    maybe in that 1 year of time, i could move to caliofornia, establish a residency and then a year later apply to their state colleges, and maybe get automaticlaly accepted with my SAT scores? since thats how i got auto accpeted into ASU!

D00fy is offline Anabolic Member
    adderall

statuZ is offline Banned
    i Use to want to major in computer science and BA, but ever sicne i found out about AR and working out i have been strongly thinking about nutrition!./bump

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    i think going to a major university like ASU, even though you live there is going to allow you to meet a crapload of new ppl. So you can start over either way, by moving or staying. And don't complain about arizona, its freakin 30 degrees here right now

statuZ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1badcamaro
    i think going to a major university like ASU, even though you live there is going to allow you to meet a crapload of new ppl. So you can start over either way, by moving or staying. And don't complain about arizona, its freakin 30 degrees here right now
    hahah i really want to move to california!! i love how california is all green and asu is in the middle of a desert !

Quote Originally Posted by 1badcamaro
    yeah bro, i went to school in my same town and came out with a whole new group of friends

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    hahah i really want to move to california!! i love how california is all green and asu is in the middle of a desert !
    i can understand, my future goal is to eventually live in san diego, its gotta be the nicest place i've ever been.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Apply to Cal and see what happens, if not just go to ASU. It will still be like starting over regardless. There are probably at least a 100 ppl from my HS that went to MSU, and I have probably barely seen more than 10 ppl in the last 3 years, its just such a big campus and there's so many ppl, that you rarely run into ppl from high school.

I would disagree with BG. There are many, many opportunities on a college campus that you have no where else. If you want to get laid 3x a week with different chicks, you can do that, if you want to do research in biomimetic interfaces too you can do that. Even if you are unsure of what you want to do in college, there is no other better place to figure out what you want to do, just don't be shy, talk to ppl and figure things out. Don't be afraid to talk to just random profs about what path you want to go in, and there's many projects that you can join as a freshman as way to get involved and see if you like something, for example joining the the formula team.

I don't even think that the first year would be a waste since you can take all generaly university requirements, and most of the classes are generally very easy, and it allows you free time to figure other things out.

I would not go into nutrition, if you're are thinking of doing something in that sorta field, I would go with engineering, biochemistry, or physical therapy.

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    asu was voted the hottest college girls in america like 3 times in a row bro! i would stick there,but im sure anywhere in cali would b great too. LOL.. and i guess u should go somewhere were they have a good program ur lookin for. i would go with the girls personally.LOL

statuZ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by saboudian
    Apply to Cal and see what happens, if not just go to ASU. It will still be like starting over regardless. There are probably at least a 100 ppl from my HS that went to MSU, and I have probably barely seen more than 10 ppl in the last 3 years, its just such a big campus and there's so many ppl, that you rarely run into ppl from high school.

I would disagree with BG. There are many, many opportunities on a college campus that you have no where else. If you want to get laid 3x a week with different chicks, you can do that, if you want to do research in biomimetic interfaces too you can do that. Even if you are unsure of what you want to do in college, there is no other better place to figure out what you want to do, just don't be shy, talk to ppl and figure things out. Don't be afraid to talk to just random profs about what path you want to go in, and there's many projects that you can join as a freshman as way to get involved and see if you like something, for example joining the the formula team.

I don't even think that the first year would be a waste since you can take all generaly university requirements, and most of the classes are generally very easy, and it allows you free time to figure other things out.

I would not go into nutrition, if you're are thinking of doing something in that sorta field, I would go with engineering, biochemistry, or physical therapy.
    why is that?

Bill2425 is offline New Member
    As a former and returning student myself, I have chosen Engineering as my major, and am now in the Master's program at University of Michigan. I sometimes ask why I chose what I chose, so I know what you're going through somewhat. I would say that it isn't wasted time, my college has been a good experience, whether I use it in the future, or start over myself. I wish I would've went away to school.

Bill2425 is offline New Member
    BTW,

Most of the girlfriends I have ever had have hurt my workout goals. Not having one is not always a bad thing.

Thread Information