Elysium is offline Productive Member

XBOX MEDIA CENTER - Amazing stuff! (Pics inside)

Hey all

To start with i will explain how it all works and what exactly it is. XBMC is a program that you install on an xbox. The xbox has to be "modified" in order for you to do this. XBMC is basically a program to stream files from networked pcs. This means you can listen to music, watch tv, watch your movies etc etc all through your xbox.

It works like this:

YOUR PC IS CONNECTED TO A ROUTER...

...WHICH IS CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET...

...YOUR XBOX IS ALSO CONNECTED TO THE ROUTER...

...YOUR XBOX STREAMS MEDIA FROM THE PC...

...THIS IS THEN DISPLAYED ON YOUR TV!

So, if i have my pc upstairs for example. I can sit down stairs with my xbox under my TV. It will access my pc upstairs search for a film for example that i have downloaded it will then stream this... so it will ask the pc upstairs for the movie... and it all shows up on the TV!

ALL OF THIS IS WIRELESS TOO! How cool is that?

Its got a built in program for taking screenshots... heres a few. You can stream live from the net using winamp/shoutcast. You can watch TV, get tv listings everything.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    it's a useful program, but not the best dashboard out for X-box - it's good if you like all the extra crap, but i mainly just use it for playing mp3's or movies

FYI - it's only wireless if connect a wireless access point to your box, or the router itself, and then leave the PC wireless.

plus it can be a little complicated getting the network settings right to stream media from your PC.

Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    it's a useful program, but not the best dashboard out for X-box - it's good if you like all the extra crap, but i mainly just use it for playing mp3's or movies

FYI - it's only wireless if connect a wireless access point to your box, or the router itself, and then leave the PC wireless.

plus it can be a little complicated getting the network settings right to stream media from your PC.

I had no problems at all setting it up. Accessed my workgroup fine. I have a wireless adapeter for my xbox. Its not my default dash though, i use EvoX.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    FYI for those interested here's the main site page : http://www.xboxmediacenter.de/

Evox is nice and plain and hasn't ever crashed on me. Avalaunch on the other hand is graphically nice, along with Unleash, but sometimes the **** thing just isn't stable

FYI for those interested here's the main site page : http://www.xboxmediacenter.de/

Evox is nice and plain and hasn't ever crashed on me. Avalaunch on the other hand is graphically nice, along with Unleash, but sometimes the **** thing just isn't stable
    Never ysed the others, just stuck with EvoX. Its stable, and works so, not point changing it. I like to use XBMC as its got tons of scripts you can get for it too.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by MESSY_UK
    I like to use XBMC as its got tons of scripts you can get for it too.
    XBMC gets a little too complicated for my likings just yet. haven't taken the time to read through all the info on it, but would like to use it as my main dash due to all the features.

what size HD do you have in your box ?? I usually go with a 250 GB

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    That's cool, i use mine to play movies and MP3s. Does anyone know why the hell that software mod destroys people XBOX?

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g
    That's cool, i use mine to play movies and MP3s. Does anyone know why the hell that software mod destroys people XBOX?
    the soft-mod isn't the way to go. if you decide to mod, go ahead and buy a chip and larger HD - gives you the abililty to store games on your hd (games that you own, as pirating is illegal )

XBMC gets a little too complicated for my likings just yet. haven't taken the time to read through all the info on it, but would like to use it as my main dash due to all the features.

what size HD do you have in your box ?? I usually go with a 250 GB

Got a 120gb. Ive hardly even touched it to be honest. Yea it can be a bit complicated, the config files are a bit complicated to get the hang of. Theres tons of support forums out there though. Im having trouble getting the script that streams trailers to work at the mo.. weird.

Ive got the Xecuter 2.3b Pro. A friend of mine did it for me, i would touch it, i would probably mess it up horribly.

the soft-mod isn't the way to go. if you decide to mod, go ahead and buy a chip and larger HD - gives you the abililty to store games on your hd (games that you own, as pirating is illegal )
    I mine is chipped, other dude were ranting on about how this soft-mod was "the sh!t", now the thing has killed 3 XBOXs of guys i know. I would kick someone ass if that happened to me.

I can imagine by now alot of people are visiting this site, downloading the program and are having problems getting it working. The reason is that the downloads on the site are in source code. You will need to get a compiled version in order for it to work!

Vik
    Vik is offline Junior Member
    I had the chip installed in mine and the guy that did it for me loaded the XECUTER program on my xbox as well. Unfortunately this ****ed up my xbox and i'm probably gonna pick up a new one soon. I should have got the hard drive installed but instead i decided to go the cheaper route.

Quote Originally Posted by Vik
    I had the chip installed in mine and the guy that did it for me loaded the XECUTER program on my xbox as well. Unfortunately this ****ed up my xbox and i'm probably gonna pick up a new one soon. I should have got the hard drive installed but instead i decided to go the cheaper route.
    Should of got the hdd installed? What? Why is it broken what do you mean

Livn*Pumpd is offline Junior Member
    Should of got the hdd installed? What? Why is it broken what do you mean
    Yea I dont get it either..

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    They have a media player for playstation2 also... its great for parties cuz on my PC ive got a 160gb hard drive with around 800 full cds on it and a few movies.

its cool that you dont have to worry about some schmuck spilling a drink on your laptop if its by the TV/stereo

Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    They have a media player for playstation2 also... its great for parties cuz on my PC ive got a 160gb hard drive with around 800 full cds on it and a few movies.

its cool that you dont have to worry about some schmuck spilling a drink on your laptop if its by the TV/stereo
    I didnt think the PS2 had a network port though? Except for the very latest version

Does he not know it is herisy to talk about PS2 in a XBOX thread?

Vik
    basically, because of the mod chip, after a while, my xbox started running slower and the gameplay became choppy....this was the same with burned games and real games.

basically, because of the mod chip, after a while, my xbox started running slower and the gameplay became choppy....this was the same with burned games and real games.
    hmmm right ok, and whats all this about hard drives?

Vik
    with the hard drive, u can copy games directly into ur xbox and play them...so basically u could rent or borrow games copy them on to the hard drive...there's no loading time either because the game is being read off the hard drive and opposed to a DVD.

Hmm well i dont think your xbox is broken. If you are buying a new one i will gladly take your old one off your hands as i believe it will be an easy fix

decadbal is offline Banned
    wow thats like so cool i mean like wow dude

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    wow thats like so cool i mean like wow dude

How are you Mr Deca ? Its been a while since we have crossed paths

Sorry bro that doesnt really make sense. I have chipped MANY boxs and all my friends have them. There is really no reason why your xbox would run any slower. Infact like you said the games are ran off the harddrive so the load times are much faster.

Ill give you 100 bucks shipped for your xbox and chip (i can make a killing off guys like you )

Quote Originally Posted by Livn*Pumpd
    Sorry bro that doesnt really make sense. I have chipped MANY boxs and all my friends have them. There is really no reason why your xbox would run any slower. Infact like you said the games are ran off the harddrive so the load times are much faster.

Ill give you 100 bucks shipped for your xbox and chip (i can make a killing off guys like you )
    bro check your pms

Vik
    u can make a killing off guys like me eh? sounds good...im not even gonna bother replying. take it ease.

u can make a killing off guys like me eh? sounds good...im not even gonna bother replying. take it ease.

Take it easy bro if I really wanted to rip you off I never would have said that. Point being, people are quick to blame chips for things they dont control, like performance.

Smile bro

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Nerds haha jj

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Does this require a mod chip?

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotron
    Does this require a mod chip?
    Did you even read the first paragraph? In answer to your question yes it does.

Im having trouble getting the script that streams trailers to work at the mo.. weird.
    Got it working

So now the xbox connects to apples website, and displays all the latest trailers! Pretty cool huh?

TooSmall is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969

hey man whats the one for ps2 called?

SickNasty is offline Associate Member
    Does he not know it is herisy to talk about PS2 in a XBOX thread?
    too much halo 2 for you

PiecinItUp is offline Member
    I would also like to know about the PS2 media center....

Quote Originally Posted by PiecinItUp
    I would also like to know about the PS2 media center....
    Yea i didnt see how it was possible as the standard PS2 doesnt have a network port. The revised smaller verion of the PS2 just released has got a network port though

LOL new show........ "pimp my xbox" starring Messy UK.

LOL new show........ "pimp my xbox" starring Messy UK.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"Now im here with big k.l.g, and his xbox is literally a pile of sh*t, but when we're finished with it he'll be the gaming pimp of the islands"

Thread Information