Boost n Juice is offline Associate Member

Telemarketers calling our cell phone...

If you haven't heard, they're creating a cell phone directory which is be a hot list for telemarketers within a few weeks...

http://www.hoinews.com/home/headlines/1120002.html

Go here:

www.donotcall.gov

To put your number on the do not call list or there's a phone number you can call listed in the first link...

decadbal is offline Banned
    haha, i wont answer those either..haha

Fortunately, telemarketers calling cell phones or satphones is illegal here in canada.

I am glad for that too as I dropped my landline and went totally cell as of this week I was so fed up of telemarketers on my landline 80% of all calls on my landline were telemarketers.

Red

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    Fortunately, telemarketers calling cell phones or satphones is illegal here in canada.

I am glad for that too as I dropped my landline and went totally cell as of this week I was so fed up of telemarketers on my landline 80% of all calls on my landline were telemarketers.

Red
    Yes, it's crazy up here bro... they call at any hour as well... 10pm, 6am.. they don't seem to care about those who work/go to school....

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    I get loads of time wasting calls on my land line all the time. Fu*k knows how they get my number, but when I hang up on them they have the nerve to ring back 10 minutes later

Danielle is offline Female Member
    just call this number from your cell phone 888-382-1222

might only be for New Yorkers tho......not sure
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    Danielle,
    thanks for that number 888-382-1222, you can use it in all states to register your phone number at the National Do Not Call Hotline. It will take you number off of telemarketers lists.
    Thanks again,
    CR

ttuPrincess Guest
    I scream and cuss at those people when they call me, normally cause they call when Im sleeping, which is a lot of the time... bastards!

D-END is offline Anabolic Member
    I got one this fvcking morning at 8:30am and I got off work at 3:00am....fvckers

Boost n Juice is offline Associate Member
    Ha ha, I did telemarketing a decade ago when I was 16...

Every companies different, but for us you got paid minimum wage, so the only way to make money was to sell. Also at my company, when people say "take my name off the list" and IF they hung up after, we were told to ignore them aka, leave them on our lists...If they didn't hang up, we were told to try to convince them otherwise by saying "If I do that, you'll never be offered special discounts again", again if they said "just take me off" and hung up, we were suppose to ignore the request. The only way to get someone off the list, was if they verified their name and address, then we have to fill out this form and bring it to a supervisor. For every name that gets taken off, we got penalized one sale. If a consumer sues a company for not being taken off the list, the telemarketer doesn't have to pay, the company does, so the telemarketer doesn't care.

Slick Arrado is offline Member
    I'm rarely home to answer my landline. Now my cellphone....:spudniklu

Thread Information