helios is offline Associate Member

windows xp issue

For some reason when I double click on any of the drives under "My Computer" it goes directly to the search screen to search the specified drive, instead of opening up the window where I can view all the folders and files that are in the drive (what normally happens when you would click on the C: drive for example). Any ideas on how to fix this? thanks

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    never heard of this problem. try right click and select explore or open.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    have you tried restarting you computer ?

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    not heard of this, can you explain any further?

oh by the way dont take advice from arthurb999 he doesnt know what he is on about!

i know...its absolutly retarded. i have never seen or heard of such a thing either. i also keep it up with the latest xp upgrades and my comp is virus protected. i have tried changing every folder option known to man and it still does not change it.

its not really bothersome, but im used to just double-clicking on the c: drive and it opens up. now i have to right click on it and scroll down to 'open' in order to view it. oh well.

geoneo is offline Associate Member
    try system mechanic (look it up on the web or download it free if you now how - suprnova.org)

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MESSY_UK

oh by the way dont take advice from arthurb999 he doesnt know what he is on about!
    Who in the blue hell are you!?!?!?!?!?

Nevermind. I figured it out. You're a 20 year old (bd 1984) little kid who likes to start **** on the interent and waste bandwith with your posts. You have 1000+ useless posts in less than 5 months. Come back in five years when you will be old enough to do steriods . In the meantime, I'll just put you on ignore. Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by arthurb999
    Nevermind. I figured it out. You're a 20 year old (bd 1984) little kid who likes to start **** on the interent and waste bandwith with your posts. You have 1000+ useless posts in less than 5 months. Come back in five years when you will be old enough to do steriods. In the meantime, I'll just put you on ignore. Peace.

No no no your wrong! Im a 20 yea old Microsoft IT Coordinator kid.

Nevermind. I figured it out. You're a 20 year old (bd 1984) little kid who likes to start **** on the interent and waste bandwith with your posts. You have 1000+ useless posts in less than 5 months. Come back in five years when you will be old enough to do steriods. In the meantime, I'll just put you on ignore. Peace.

WOW

You were clever enough to notice my post count, you were clever enough to notice my birthday. Yet you weren't clever enough to work out im 19?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Noted.....

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Noted.....

~SC~
    Noted?

Dude... why did you pick a fight with me in the first place?!?

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Noted?
    1st and last warning about flames on here.

Dude... why did you pick a fight with me in the first place?!?
    LMAO what?! Who picked a fight? Jeez some people are really too uptight

Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette
    1st and last warning about flames on here.

Flames?! IT WAS A JOKE?! Im sorry but im i get a warning for this surely there should be another 1000 warnings given out to all the other members.

Could a Mod please PM me.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Best bet is to keep the day job, as the "jokes" are far from funny.

The only thing the "jokes" are doing are starting trouble, and you don't want that.

Your posts did not appear to be a joke at all, and you could have EASILY remedied the situation by telling the person YOU offended it was a joke.

You didn't, instead you posted three times after he was obviously irritated by what you contributed, and not once did you mention it was a joke UNTIL me and Vette stepped in.

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm.

Do not pm me explaining, I don't care.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Best bet is to keep the day job, as the "jokes" are far from funny.

The only thing the "jokes" are doing are starting trouble, and you don't want that.

Your posts did not appear to be a joke at all, and you could have EASILY remedied the situation by telling the person YOU offended it was a joke.

You didn't, instead you posted three times after he was obviously irritated by what you contributed, and not once did you mention it was a joke UNTIL me and Vette stepped in.

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm.

Do not pm me explaining, I don't care.

~SC~
    Well im disappointed to be honest. Ok yea i take my warning, the retaliation post was far worse from him and anyone in my position would of responded the same. You will also see that my first response was light hearted and even had a big grinning smiley in it!

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Flames?! IT WAS A JOKE?! Im sorry but im i get a warning for this surely there should be another 1000 warnings given out to all the other members.

Could a Mod please PM me.
    I did, when you directly go it some with negitive comments (which you seem to do a lot of) it's considered a flame. All we have on these boards is our rep, if you get of a wise azz, people will go after you. Some people think if they have attitude it makes them look like they know something or they just have it because they think they know everything (which no does). Be mature it will get you a lot futher in this game.

JOhnnyB

WNxGator is offline New Member
    Ok .. gonna try to help you out here a little did you install service pack 2 and what brand drives do you have??
    It is very possible that sp2 has currupted your drivers and settings for your drives if so it is a very simple but long uninstall.

i uninstalled the service pack 2, and tried using tweakUI but there is no option in it that correlates to this problem...any other suggestions?

Kamel407 is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up

Try the following one at a time and check to see if any of them work

1. open windows explorer, go to view--> folder options-->file types.. When you are there look for drive and then edit it. it should have a find in the action(this is that search crap) what you do is press new then type open and the application is explorer.exe

2. Edit registry key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell and change value from "find" to "none"

3. Edit registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\CabinetState. Then look in the right pane for, or create a string value called: Use Search Asst and set the value to: no

Thread Information