BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

Bush arrested in canada!?!? TURN ON THE NEWS!!

HOLY ****!!!!!!!!!

http://world-cnn.com/2004/WORLD/amer...est/index.html

Bush arrested in Canada for war crimes

Monday, November 29, 2004 Posted: 8:19 PM EST (0119 GMT)

OTTAWA, CANADA (AP) -- On the first of his two-day planned visit to Canada, George W. Bush was taken into custody by Canadian authorities citing war crime charges. Under Canadian law, even a non-citizen can be charged for crimes committed outside of Canada once that individual enters the country.

The arrest claims that President Bush has been "party to the crime of torturing prisoners held in Guantánamo Bay and Abu Ghraib."

Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin released a written statement indicating that "proceedings have commenced against President George W. Bush under the Crimes Against Humanity and War Crimes Act (s. 9(3))."

Irwin Cotler, Minister of Justice and Attorney General of Canada, had began an investigation into the alleged crimes of the Bush administration on the basis of reports prepared by human rights organizations, journalists and scholars as well as recent decisions by U.S. courts.

"Let this serve as a warning to any current or former official of the Bush administration, like Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld," said Cotler, "that they enter Canada at their own risk."

Bush's trip to Canada was originally planned to negotiate security and trade issues with Martin, including the on-going ban on Canadian beef and the 27 percent tariff on softwood lumber imports imposed by the U.S. in 2001.

Bush received a minor injury to his face during the arrest when Canadian authorities confronted members of the Secret Service trying to protect the president during the welcome ceremony.

The charges were initially drafted by a group called Lawyers Against the War (LAW) and then adopted by Canadian prosecutors. Michael Mandel, Professor of Law and co-chair of LAW, issued the following statement:

"The actions of George W. Bush and his administration are nothing short of mass murder. They have killed Iraqi civilians without any lawful justification or excuse. That's a crime in the United States and in Canada and under international law. No one is above the law, not even presidents. If they do terrible things, we are going to see to it that they are personally brought to justice. We are going to prosecute them for each and every crime they commit."
    U.S. condemns arrest as ‘illegal and dangerous'

In a press conference this morning, White House spokesman Jim Morrell said, "Under international law, active foreign officials and diplomats are immune from state prosecution. Given this fact – and the sheer absurdity of these illegal and dangerous allegations – we demand the immediate release of President Bush and a formal apology from Canada to all Americans."

While international law forbids issuing process against a head of state, Canadian prosecutors claim that there is nothing in the decided cases on immunity from local process that prevents the opening of an investigation into international crimes committed by any foreign government official.

Both parties in the U.S. Congress also condemned the arrest. Democrats in the House stated that "the case against President Bush is without merit and flies in the face of international guidelines and basic common sense."

Using the same expletive from a heated exchange earlier this year, Vice President Dick Cheney was overheard on the Senate floor with an even stronger response. "These charges are f****** outrageous."

"The incarceration of a sitting U.S. president is unthinkable," stated Republican Majority Leader Tom DeLay. "Prime Minister Martin must release President Bush without delay, or face the full glory, might and wrath of the United States of America."

Martha Johnson, a Republican voter in Ohio, expressed similar outrage. "How dare these pretentious, liberal Canadians arrest our president? Who do they think they are? I can't believe their chutzpah. Forget North Korea and Iran … we must invade Canada next."
    Canadians are solidly Anti-Bush

According to polls, Canadians are strongly opposed to the Iraq war and disagree with many of the president's domestic and foreign policies. An Ekos Research survey last month showed support at 84 percent for Canada's decision not to send troops to Iraq and 59 percent of respondents indicating an overall dislike of President Bush.

The No to Bush Committee organized a large protest march in anticipation of the president's visit to Canada. Speakers include Naomi Klein, a writer known for her work against globalization, and Brandon Hughey, a U.S. war resister who escaped to Canada from Texas. The protest committee is composed of the New Democratic Party, the Canadian Peace Alliance, and the Canadian Arab Federation.

Protesters were unanimous in their praise of the arrest this morning. "Yes, I believe that George W. Bush should be held accountable for his crimes in Iraq," stated Harold Smith from Toronto. "His actions in the U.S. and around the world have been reprehensible."

Another protester justified Bush's arrest with a hypothetical analogy. "Let's say I heard that my ex-convict neighbor is stockpiling weapons in his apartment. I call the police but they don't act swiftly enough. So, in order to protect my family from this threat, I take matters into my own hand and break into my neighbor's home while torturing and killing members of his family. Of course, I do not find any weapons."

"If justice is to be served, regardless if my claims had proven true, I would be thrown in jail forever for acting like an insane, murdering, vigilante cowboy. All we ask is that George W. Bush – who did the same exact thing in Iraqi on a larger, more horrifying scale – be likewise held accountable."

A third protester was more literal. "Whatever his reasons, Bush invaded a sovereign country. He tortured and killed thousands of innocent people. He should feel very lucky that we Canadians, unlike the Texans, do not believe in the death penalty."

*oh, and, yes, I know...for the posts that will no doubt follow.

decadbal is offline Banned
    man they done gone and ****ed up now... like they have a chance if we decide to goget him... how stupid can canada be

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    That's is crazy, they just don't know. Poor Canadians~

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I'm gona have to call BS on this one buddy......

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Nice Hack lol.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    So fake its sad. Look at the bruise, totally fake.

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Not a hack, just a similar site.

http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/
    real CNN

http://world-cnn.com/
    fake site

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member
    is this a joke? its no where on the news? if its true thats funny as **** IMO.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    I'm gona have to call BS on this one buddy......
    Yeah, makes sense. How could they get past his Secret Service Men?

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    Right. And Bin Laden was just spotted in Macy's Manhattan Men'd cologne section.

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcstomper
    is this a joke? its no where on the news? if its true thats funny as **** IMO.

IT. IS. FAKE.

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    Hahaha BigGreen let me guess you were one that also believed the Olsens were headed to your university werent you? Did anyone else notice that bush is in the states currently and the date on this story is 11/29. It would have been all over the news for days if it were actually true.

jonnytour is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypertrophy
    Yeah, makes sense. How could they get past his Secret Service Men?
    You'd be suprised how resourseful we can be. What happened is that we had a few comandos burried in the snow around the walk way. As soon as he passed by they jumped up, took out those secret service pansies, and captured the president. I hope you guys like it cold!! All of you southerners will be deported to the North West Territories after your country becomes the United Provinces of Canada!

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    that just plain crazy!! im sure its a fukin joke!! cant be true!!

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne
    Hahaha BigGreen let me guess you were one that also believed the Olsens were headed to your university werent you? Did anyone else notice that bush is in the states currently and the date on this story is 11/29. It would have been all over the news for days if it were actually true.
    Thus why I put that last line in there. I'm aware it's bull****, but I thought it would generate some decent responses and amuse me for a few hours before I decide to get drunk, call my HS girlfriend and tell I hated her the whole time we were together. I just got done spending an entire week writing and revising a chapter of my thesis in the hopes of getting it published...my eyes are bleeding and I crave chaos and entertainment.

And I never heard such an olsen twin rumor...i'd heard and believed the rumor that they were attending Phillips Exeter, going so far as to call my buddy who was a faculty fellow there to confirm or deny, but never heard they were dartmouth material. Have fun at subpar NYU you dumb ragdolls.

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Nonsense!

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    Another Canadian's wishful thinking.... hahahaha

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    I'm feeling quite American right now. *ahem* Nuke em all!!

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    haha convinced me for a lil while

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    bahahahahaha i wish it was true!! fukking idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    why you wish it could be true?

edit: sorry i know your position on that topic, its all right

D-END is offline Anabolic Member
    hahahaha that pretty funny....the things people make up

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TRLS63
    why you wish it could be true?

edit: sorry i know your position on that topic, its all right
    yeah i am not getting into this again you guys will see after the next few years......... have a good weekend everyone

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    Thus why I put that last line in there. I'm aware it's bull****, but I thought it would generate some decent responses and amuse me for a few hours before I decide to get drunk, call my HS girlfriend and tell I hated her the whole time we were together. I just got done spending an entire week writing and revising a chapter of my thesis in the hopes of getting it published...my eyes are bleeding and I crave chaos and entertainment.

And I never heard such an olsen twin rumor...i'd heard and believed the rumor that they were attending Phillips Exeter, going so far as to call my buddy who was a faculty fellow there to confirm or deny, but never heard they were dartmouth material. Have fun at subpar NYU you dumb ragdolls.

What makes you think I have the intellect to read the entire article from top to bottom in order to see your final line. Reading is something I gave up when New Kids were still making hits.

In the event you are looking for some good quality chaos and entertainment may I suggest a good night of Hogging? Yes, thats right there is nothing a fat chick wants more than a good looking man going out of his way to talk to her and give her a good grinding. For once in their life they feel wanted and that my friend is your ticket to Plump Paradise! I predict by 2012 Hoggin will officially become the official national past time of this great nation. I suggest you do that after you have called your HS girlfriend and inform her of your hatred. Now that sounds like an evening to last a lifetime.

I thought every university had the Olsen Twin rumor. Hell even this sh*t hole excuse for higher education was once said to be the place they were headed to.

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    no pig to big, thats what we call it

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member

Canada at war with the US?! ever seen a beer can (Molson?) get run over by a dump truck?!
    Last edited by ripped4fsu; 12-03-2004 at 03:00 PM.

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    idiots.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    Are ya kidding???

You keep him!!! He was here 2 days, thats enough for us

BTW his speech in Halifax was ok, but man quoting Mackenzie King!? Some speech writer didn't do all his homework! (King was a former prime minister who was a little loopy, was into mediums, scéances and having Madam X contact his dead mother)

Red
    Last edited by Red Ketchup; 12-03-2004 at 09:08 PM.

killagorilla187 is offline Associate Member
    haahha!

i was actually happy about this until i found out it was fake.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    fake. if this did happen Canada would be getting invaded.

workdude is offline Senior Member
    of course it's fake...if it were true we would have over run Canada by now...LOL

Thread Information