Thread: bad credit

decadbal is offline Banned

bad credit

a good bro from another board pmed me about gettin a cell phone with bad credit, i said other than a co-signer i dont know how or where he could get one, so does anyone know anyplace he can get one with bad credit?

Don't most phone companies have "pay as you go" prepaid services for folks with bad or no credit?

I know a buddy of mine here uses one of those (all the Canadian cellphone companies offer that service) as he has horrible credit due to a messy divorce (she got it all, even the garden hose!)

Red

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    he should b able to get one with a deposit. or he can go with pay as u go.

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    I used to use a regular cel phone but I am often unable to use it for months at a time and I hate paying for something I don't use. I now use prepaid. Actually Verizon has a month by month plan that you can opt out of at the end of any month and the terms are reasonable for the $40 package. They also have pay-as-you-go for a reasonable price but the minutes expire pretty quick. I am using Virgin right now. THe first 10 minutes in any day are 25 cents a minute, and thereafter it is 10 cents a minute. Don't buy any ringtones... you pay and you can never download them from their crappy site. I used ATT for a while but they are 40 cents a minute, which is typical.

Sprint will work with your friend on a deposit up front basis if he wants a regular plan. Many other carriers I am sure will do the same.

The nice thing about prepaid is you can basically give any name and address you want. They dont care cause you already paid for all your minutes, and they can't lose.

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Cricket doesn't pull credit on their phones and their plans are month to month based on unlimited calling for about $40/mo.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    Don't most phone companies have "pay as you go" prepaid services for folks with bad or no credit?

I know a buddy of mine here uses one of those (all the Canadian cellphone companies offer that service) as he has horrible credit due to a messy divorce (she got it all, even the garden hose!)

Red
    What kind of sick twisted bitch would take the garden hose?

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Just pay the 700 deposit and get a cell

mass junkie is offline banned
    metro pcs

thanks fellas ill shoot him a pm with this link..

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Oh, didnt know that "pay as you go" phones are for people with bad or no credit? I have excellent credit but choose to use the "pay as you go" option.

Quote Originally Posted by MESSY_UK
    Oh, didnt know that "pay as you go" phones are for people with bad or no credit? I have excellent credit but choose to use the "pay as you go" option.
    Around here most monthly packages are affordable enough that in general "pay as you go" is for people with no credit, and a way for parents to control their kids cellphone bill

Red

spkmania is offline Associate Member
    depends on how bad the credit is.... verizon's deposits vary from $100 to $1000. mine was $400. i think that's the average for bad credit deposits, though.

Around here most monthly packages are affordable enough that in general "pay as you go" is for people with no credit, and a way for parents to control their kids cellphone bill

Red
    Yea, well for me mate its not really a matter of being able to afford it, i earnt 40K GBP last year (so convert that to USD). Its purely a matter of not needing it, im always near my office or near a phone, people call me and i dont usually need my phone to ring out. So its cost effective not to have to pay a monthly rate, plus the fact that PAYG providers in the UK have brought their call charges down to try and attract more customers.

lilpump is offline New Member
    I am with Verizon right now and i had to deposit the $400. Forget how long until you get that back. I believe a year.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    Spirit will give anyone a phone.........
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    The underlying factor here is people need to get their credit in check... you only have bad credit if you don't pay your bills... if you don't pay your bills, you don't deserve to be granted credit.

The pay as you go optoin is a good choice here... good idea guys.

Quote Originally Posted by arthurb999
    The underlying factor here is people need to get their credit in check... you only have bad credit if you don't pay your bills... if you don't pay your bills, you don't deserve to be granted credit.

The pay as you go optoin is a good choice here... good idea guys.
    Whoa whoa whoa, bro some people have bad credit and its not their fault, to stereotype people like that is wrong. There is alot of things that can contribute to someone ending up with bad credit.

Indeed, my sister had her credit destroyed when she had her purse stolen...

She was in university and only noticed it a few hours later, by then the crooks had loaded up her credit cards and make empty envelope deposits and withdrawls on her ATM card (they prolly got her PIN by looking over her shoulder at the university's ATM).

The credit card debts were cleared as fraud, but the ATM debts she had to pay... and the "empty envelope" deposits ruined her credit for 2-3 years EVEN with a police report of theft and fraud (credit bureau are golden azzholes).

Red

I work for a mortgage broker and hear all kind of sob stories but 9.5/10 times it is thier fault... so yes there are exceptions, but they are very rare.

i dont agree arthur... i pay ever bill i have ever gotten, and i had CCs stolen and it messed up mine a little, i know alot of ppl who have not so perfect credit bc of a husband or BF or GF who was gettin back at them or so on.. its not always about not paying your bills, im sure on your end thats all you hear, but id also bet you dont honestly deal with enough of the actual population to make a biased decision on it..

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    i dont agree arthur... i pay ever bill i have ever gotten, and i had CCs stolen and it messed up mine a little, i know alot of ppl who have not so perfect credit bc of a husband or BF or GF who was gettin back at them or so on.. its not always about not paying your bills, im sure on your end thats all you hear, but id also bet you dont honestly deal with enough of the actual population to make a biased decision on it..
    Agree 100%. I used to work in retail, and had to deal with finance, credit checks, sales etc. I had people purchasing things from me driving porsches living in 500k houses. I personally have had people trying to use my name, which messed up my credit a few years ago. Its very, very easy to steal an identity and f*ck up the credit on it.

P Rock is offline Member
    pre paid calling phones are the best for that. you pay as you go.

I said there are exceptions but they are rare. Of course people get screwed on divorce (most common i've seen) or co-sign something for their (insert relative here) who doesn't pay. But then again, no one is forcing them to co-sign and they know the risks...

Remeber credit goes along way... we won't hire someone with bad credit, I wouldn't rent to someone with bad credit, and in this case.. they can't even get a cell phone.... case and point.

Check your credit score once a year to make sure nothing funny is going on.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Prepay..TIM, OMNITEL, TRACFONE and NTelos are all spots that allow those with bad credit to get cell phone serivce.

spkmania is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurb999
    I said there are exceptions but they are rare. Of course people get screwed on divorce (most common i've seen) or co-sign something for their (insert relative here) who doesn't pay. But then again, no one is forcing them to co-sign and they know the risks...

Remeber credit goes along way... we won't hire someone with bad credit, I wouldn't rent to someone with bad credit, and in this case.. they can't even get a cell phone.... case and point.

Check your credit score once a year to make sure nothing funny is going on.
    bad credit does not equal bad people. what 18 year old hasn't rung up a ton of money on their credit cards? remember that stuff stays with you seven years, even after you've matured. i see your point, but it isn't fair to throw everyone into the same category.

ttuPrincess Guest
    i have ****ty credit cause im on my moms credit card and her husband screwed that one up

the_rebirth is offline Member
    attwireless will give u a cell on contract and a free phone as long as u have a credit card or visa debit card to verify u have one.

Quote Originally Posted by spkmania
    bad credit does not equal bad people. what 18 year old hasn't rung up a ton of money on their credit cards? remember that stuff stays with you seven years, even after you've matured. i see your point, but it isn't fair to throw everyone into the same category.
    As long as nothing is in collections, you can have a decent score one year out of bankruptcy as long as you pay your consumer debt (mortgage, auto loans, and cc's) on time....

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Bankruptcy does paradoxically build your credit. Another thing that is a lot more convenient is to go buy a car. Don't actually buy it, unless you need it, but go through the process and get approved for financing. THEY WANT TO SELL YOU THAT CAR, and most likely you WILL get approved! Then just don't go through with the purchase or the loan. That hikes up your rating big-time, getting approved for a $20,000 to $40,000 loan.

ttuPrincess Guest
    hey baron can you explain to me why i just got approved a loan for a 25,000 dollar car but I cant get approved for a sofa mart account to by a 1,000 dollar sofa set?

Quote Originally Posted by ttuPrincess
    hey baron can you explain to me why i just got approved a loan for a 25,000 dollar car but I cant get approved for a sofa mart account to by a 1,000 dollar sofa set?

Because different companies have different score levels, a set number of points that you must reach before they allow you to have credit. Different companys, different credit terms.

Thread Information