Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dimes is offline Senior Member
    Ok, we cool then

Ok, we cool then

LOL, iM not getting worked up about this and doesnt bother me, even if itdid I can read it if I want and post in it if I want, thanks for worrying

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by OSTIE
    This thread was made for hunting enthusiasts....
    Ya no sh*t! Dimes...get off Mommy and Daddy's computer b/c it's your bed time. Your post whoring is not wanted here.

Delete Dimes' posts!

Swellin Guest
    Hey MBH, you still haven't answered me about throat erossion.

How many rounds have you run through that barrel so far?

I forgot, the honey-do's didn't get completed today, and I have tons to do tomorrow. Maybe I can get enough done to snap some pics (part of the honey-do's includes cleaning off my workbench so I can take the pics out there).

Quote Originally Posted by Swellin
    MBH, with the hopped up handloads, what kind of throat errosion are you getting on your .22-250? Are you using a borescope to check the thing? .22-250's are notorious for throat errosion, surpassed only by the .220 Swift. I just got my .22-250 back from the manufacturer because of a defect. Time to go burn some powder!
    Haven't had any issues at all. My friend is a gunsmith...he services it...and he hasn't said jack to me about it.

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    I agree MBH, they should be deleted, but first I'd like to highlight the kind of nonsense he has been posting...

Quote Originally Posted by Dimes
    I think hunting is for dorks, lol... nothing exciting about killing cute little animals, pretty pathetic if you ask me, if you are hunting cops wich have guns and can defend themselves.. well that sopunds pretty wild and tough and exciting and dangerous, shooting bunnies, kind of sad.
    And this one from the thread asking how young you would go in terms of dating girls...
    Id go as low as 14.. im 22 and as old as 45.....the 14 year old has to look older in her body.. I used to say 18, till i saw this chick that was 14 and hotter than any other girl I had ever met.

ENOUGH on that...

For you bowhunters, what kinda bows you guys shooting... carbon or aluminum arrows?

Swellin Guest
    Ostie, I am shooting a Mathew's Outback. I use Carbon Express Terminatior shafts...real heavy ones. I am also using a 125gr Rocket Ultimate Steel broadhead. This bow is substantially slower than my Mathews LX from last year, but I think I am generating some very nice energy with all of the weight.

Last year, I was slinging a 431gr shaft at 295fps....generating 82ft/lbs of energy. African safari outfitters like to see 80lbs of energy. I think the one I have now is slower but pack more of a wallop.

I planned to go in the AM, but I have too much stuff to do. I will have to try it tomorrow afternoon, as the feeding chart looks like the afternoon should be sweet.

Ostie, I am shooting a Mathew's Outback. I use Carbon Express Terminatior shafts...real heavy ones. I am also using a 125gr Rocket Ultimate Steel broadhead. This bow is substantially slower than my Mathews LX from last year, but I think I am generating some very nice energy with all of the weight.

Last year, I was slinging a 431gr shaft at 295fps....generating 82ft/lbs of energy. African safari outfitters like to see 80lbs of energy. I think the one I have now is slower but pack more of a wallop.

I planned to go in the AM, but I have too much stuff to do. I will have to try it tomorrow afternoon, as the feeding chart looks like the afternoon should be sweet.
    Nice, I love matthews.... I wanted to by the Q2XL, but I believe they discontinued thoughs..... Right now I have a Hyot Havoc, 28in axle to axle, 3.5 pounds.... It was big around '01, I got like 200$ off because I worked at the archery store when I was in HS..... I forgot its fps though, its been awhile since I checked it, I remember hyot sayin it shot 315fps in the specs when we got them in stock, but its always a tad slower when you shoot it in a chrono yourself.... Im thinkin of switchin over to the ACC's, from carbons, but im not sure yet.

Swellin Guest
    Easton ACC's? I hate them. I loved Gold Tips because they were indestructable. the only problem was they were so light. I swithced to some coated shafts from ScoutMountain (they are now called Vital Bow Gear). Those coated shafts will not work with 3-D targets...they get fused in the target. I went with Terminators because they are so heavy and they are **** near indestructible. i also got the "select" version that are super straight for more accuracy.

The ACC is a lighter shaft and it is not very durable...i've broken quite a few.

The published speed on most bows is the IBO rating. That is done with x amount of grains per inch of shaft, using a 70gr target nibb. The AMO rating is a bit closer to hunting weight. However, my shafts are heavier than the AMO rating.

If money is no object, take a look at CarbonTech Rhinos ...or if speed is your gig...CarbonTech Cheetahs. They usually list for 150 per dozen, but they seem to be top notch! I am too rough on my gear to spend that on shafts...I stick to the 100 per doz stuff. That way I can go back and get another half doz later without having to special order a full dozen.

I have a wicked VBG site on my bow, and the coolest drop away rest I have seen. Unfortunately, I had to use the Mathew's quiver...it mounts close to the riser, but the mounting system is a bit convaluded when you are 30' up a tree and it is dark.

LOL, you guys are hilarious, if you dont like what I say, dont read it, I dont care if you like it or not, give me a break!

Ostie dont take your anger of having the bucks loose all their games out on me, LOL, God bless bros.

DirtyJerzy is offline New Member
    hose videos are great

Easton ACC's? I hate them. I loved Gold Tips because they were indestructable. the only problem was they were so light. I swithced to some coated shafts from ScoutMountain (they are now called Vital Bow Gear). Those coated shafts will not work with 3-D targets...they get fused in the target. I went with Terminators because they are so heavy and they are **** near indestructible. i also got the "select" version that are super straight for more accuracy.

The ACC is a lighter shaft and it is not very durable...i've broken quite a few.

The published speed on most bows is the IBO rating. That is done with x amount of grains per inch of shaft, using a 70gr target nibb. The AMO rating is a bit closer to hunting weight. However, my shafts are heavier than the AMO rating.

If money is no object, take a look at CarbonTech Rhinos ...or if speed is your gig...CarbonTech Cheetahs. They usually list for 150 per dozen, but they seem to be top notch! I am too rough on my gear to spend that on shafts...I stick to the 100 per doz stuff. That way I can go back and get another half doz later without having to special order a full dozen.

I have a wicked VBG site on my bow, and the coolest drop away rest I have seen. Unfortunately, I had to use the Mathew's quiver...it mounts close to the riser, but the mounting system is a bit convaluded when you are 30' up a tree and it is dark.
    Im probably alittle out of date on my arrow knowledge, im sure the acc's are not up to par with todays arrows anymore... I just remember that I liked shootin them when I worked at the archery store a couple years back and I got to test everything.

Actually, since I hit college life, I only have been gettin out with my bow 2 or 3 times a season which sucks... only now am I finally making alittle more time to get back out.... I may join my dad on his bow moose hunt in canada or his bow elk hunt in col. next fall if my grades and money are doin well.

Swellin Guest
    I am jealous! Good luck with it! I hope to see pics....even though that is a long way away!

Ostie dont take your anger of having the bucks loose all their games out on me, LOL, God bless bros.
    Bro, I really dont get too mad on the internet, or even that worked up because it solves nothing.... I was just pointing out what I didnt agree with in some of your posts, thats all.... You can post how you want, im not a mod.... I probably wont say anything else on what you post, especially in this thread since its off topic...

BTW, I dont really follow the bucks that much anymore, lol... shouldnt have gotten rid of Ray...

I am jealous! Good luck with it! I hope to see pics....even though that is a long way away!
    Sounds good... I posted some pics of a couple previous bucks i got a few years back in this thread...

Itd be cool to see other outdoor enthusiasts post some pics too, I love looking at the success pictures of ones hunt.

My pops actually has been goin moose and elk hunting with his bow for the past couple years un-guided... he has been pretty successfull too.... Ill try to find some pics of the moose and elk.

BTW, what area of the country do you bowhunt in??

Well if you are a Ray fan this is a great year for you the sonics are insane, anyway, no hard feelings, just that everybody gets all rowdy when someone in a different opinion comes around... makes the boards one sided because the people with different opinions get flamed... around 4 people posted about how the videos were out of line or against hunting and they got flamed, if videos like that are allowed to be posted opinions disagreeing with them are also allowed ans should be respected, see you later.

Swellin Guest
    Southeastern US. I try to get up to Pike Co. IL each year, but this year I didn't buy a license. I have some sweet video of some amazing deer.

I am a softy, and I don't pull the trigger too often. My wife loves the meat, so she wishes I would take more game. The last two deer I killed were freaks. One was a 5 &1/2 year old deer with thrtee legs and only one side of his rack attempted to develop. The other deer tried to run him oof, so I took him out of the heard.

The other was a 3 & 1/2 year old deer with only one straight mainbeam. He was a full grown deer with some gentic problems. He didn't even have a place on his shull from which the other side should have been growing...not even a knot. I took him out of the heard, while passing on some nice young bucks in the 110-118 range that morning.

BTW, I bow hunt big game. I won't consider a buck unless it is obviously a Pope & Young...even though I have never taken a P&Y.

LOL, you guys are hilarious, if you dont like what I say, dont read it, I dont care if you like it or not, give me a break!
    We do care...because we care for his board. We don't care for your comments about hunting police officers or having sex with 14 year old girls.

GROW UP OR LEAVE!

Hy mr. ignorant the quetion of that post was how young would you go and I answered and I already explained the cop comparison, so learn to read before you talk so much nonsense

Hy mr. ignorant the quetion of that post was how young would you go and I answered and I already explained the cop comparison, so learn to read before you talk so much nonsense
    You're the one causing the raucus in this thread. You've said your bit about hunting...now please leave the thread alone for the people who enjoy it.

Cool!?

Haven't caused any raucus, just chilling here talking with the guys. We just having a friendly argument.. I was a hunter for like ten minutes once.. got a slingshot and hit a bird, I dont know if I killed it, felt pretty bad after, then I went to the usa and the slingshot was illegal, so couldnt have it anymore.

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    Whether or not you agree with hunting....making a joke about hunting cops is in poor taste and not very funny....esp to those of us who carry the badge!

I think hunting is for dorks, lol... nothing exciting about killing cute little animals, pretty pathetic if you ask me, if you are hunting cops wich have guns and can defend themselves.. well that sopunds pretty wild and tough and exciting and dangerous, shooting bunnies, kind of sad.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

Hmm maybe you should go hunt Gang Bangers....now there's a challenge!

Your logic through this thread is warped....

And the hunting cops thing... geez, its a way of saying that if you are going to play hunt and seek, you should play against someone that can defend themselves or has a gun also.. that way, it wouldn't be abuse/// go wrestle a tiger or something, let me know who wins when you dont havee your little gun.
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

You say you are against violence period...then why not simply state so...rather than making a joke about hunting cops? You contradict yourself.

Hey swelling, your the big animal with the gun killing the little ones/// what goes around comes around

OK...now Im voting for a ban!!!!! You are SICK Dimes. Step up to my daughter and you wouldn't need to worry about hunting cops cause this cop would hunt you!!

14!!!!!!! You are not only ignorant...you are disgusting. Pedophile!

Quote Originally Posted by OSTIE
    I agree MBH, they should be deleted, but first I'd like to highlight the kind of nonsense he has been posting...

And this one from the thread asking how young you would go in terms of dating girls...

ENOUGH on that...

For you bowhunters, what kinda bows you guys shooting... carbon or aluminum arrows?

Get'em CB!! We all agree BTW.

We've only just begun............................

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet

My turn!

Quote Originally Posted by Commando_Barbi
    We've only just begun............................
    .................to live
    white lace and promises
    a kiss for luck and we're on our way
    and yes, we've just begun

LOL Didn't expect anyone but my old a$$ to know that song!

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    .................to live
    white lace and promises
    a kiss for luck and we're on our way
    and yes, we've just begun

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    Those vids are awsume!

When you were my age your boyfriend was 13.. thats disgusting and dont call me a pedophile without knowuing me... i accept different opinions , but respect is key here.

And I dont like threats either.... I have noticed different opinions are not accepted on this board, but I will say mine anyway... the fact you were a badge doesnt mean you can threaten people.. open your minds and notice that not everyone is the same... not every one likes killing sentinent beings for fun, not everyone likes war, not everyone is a republican, not all races are the same, but you have to respect all those things I mentioned.. not all cultures are the same and the list goes on, wouldn't the world be perfect if everyone thought exactly like us, sorry to dissapoint everyone who has gotten all pissed and mad about other views... but thats not the way things are.

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    great thread....

I love my Rem788 22-250.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    i see Dimes likes to rip shit up lol..................good thread money

HULKBOY is offline Member
    I was gonna say this thread started and ended around deer season last year now its been bumped pretty close too deer season again but man i love me some deer hunting man. i once shot a genetic defect spike(16in) that was mature too. just a defect. still no trophy bucks but then again I only shoot 1/season but a couple years ago i shot a 257 lb hog twice because the SOB was so dam fat. I'll try and dig up some pics too show the hog. the funny thing was i had never seen a real hog before and shot it w/a open sight 3030 about 200 yards away. it looked like this big black blob walkin around the deer feeder so i shot it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information