Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet

The Flag of the U.S.

This is read during some of our ceremonies....it brings tears to most. I know it's long...but I thought today was a good day to share.

I am the Flag of the United States of America. My name is OLDE GLORY. I fly atop the world's tallest buildings I stand watch in America's Halls of Justice. I fly majestically over Great Institutions of Learning. I stand guard with the Greatest Military power in the World.
    LOOK UP! and see ME!!!
    I stand for Peace Honor Truth and Justice. I stand for Freedom!!
    I am confident I am arrogant I am proud.
    When I am flown with my fellow banners, my head is held a little higher - my colors are a little truer
    I BOW TO NO ONE!
    I am recognized all over the world.
    I am worshipped - I am saluted - I am respected - I am Revered - I am loved - I am Feared!!
    For more than 200 years, I have fought in Every battle of Every war;
    Gettysburg, Shiloh, Appomattox, San Juan Hill, The Trenches of France, the Argenne Forest, Anzio, Rome, The Beaches of Normandy the jungles of Guam, Okinawa, Tarawa, Korea, Vietnam and in the heat of the Persian Gulf and a score of other places.
    Long forgotten by all, but those who were there with me. I was there.
    I led my Sailors and Marines, I followed them, I watch over them, they Love Me.
    I was on a small hill on Iwo Jima. I was dirty battle torn and tired but my Sailors and Marines Cheered Me!!!!
    I WAS PROUD!
    I have been soiled burned torn and trampled on the streets of countries that I have helped to set Free.
    It does not Hurt for I am invincibile.
    I have been soiled burned torn and trampled on the streets of my own country
    And when it is done by those whom with I have served in battle. It HURTS!!!
    But I shall Overcome for I am strong!!
    I have slipped the surly bonds of earth and, from my vantage point on the moon,
    I stand watch over the New Frontiers of Space.
    I have been the silent witness to all of America's finest hours.
    I have flown over the top of the World Trade Centers.
    and after September 11, 2001, I have flown over it's rubble to remind the evil in our world that my spirit will not be crushed.
    The American people will not be broken.
    But my finest hour comes when I am torn into strips,
    To be used as bandages for my wounded comrades on the Field of Battle
    When I fly half mast to Honor my Sailors and Marines
    and when I lie in the trembling arms of a Grieving Mother - at the graveside of her fallen son or daughter
    I am proud!
    My Name is "Olde Glory" Long May I Wave Dear God, Long may I wave.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    WOW, never heard those words before. Certainly very powerfull.

Hope it doesn't start some political anti-U.S. BS. My thread and I'll delete it the minute it does.

Glad you liked it Bouncer.
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Don't worry CB, I'll look after the fu(ker who tries it on.

LOL OK luv

workdude is offline Senior Member
    Semper Fi....

D-END is offline Anabolic Member
    I got goose bumps.....god bless the USA

decadbal is offline Banned
    Rangers Lead the Way.

This is read during a Flag passing ceremony. It's a slow, very reverant process...white gloves, saluting and the Battle Hymm of the Republic playing in the background.

It's pretty amazing.

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Dont tread on me.

Monkeytown is offline Senior Member
    Gotta love the US of A!!

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by D-END
    I got goose bumps.....god bless the USA

Same here.

Thread Information