Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tony Soprano is offline Associate Member

Are Mexican Immigrants ruining our ecosystem??

I've noticed lately that there's an alarming number of Mexican immigrants running around the neighborhood. I'm not just talking about one or two little Mexicans running around mowing lawns, I'm talking about a pack of them and their families running around like being Mexican is going out of style. Anyways, with more and more of them here, are they going to ruin our human ecosystem? They seem to create a heavy imbalance of taking low paying jobs, while they resist college and white collar work like the plague.

I hope I have not offended anyone here, just seems to be disconcerting.

mass junkie is offline banned
    at least they work.............I have to deal with cubans ...nuff said

houseofpain is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    LMAO.....

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    But they can roll a tight cigar!

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    samuel hunnington estimates illegal mexicans make up 65-70% of our immigration problem!!!!!! worse, they do not assimilate - even like many other "hispanic" imigrants do, at least to a far greater degree - and they are the most likely to call for a bilingual US - a social disaster coming to be sure

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    Last edited by sin; 01-21-2007 at 06:34 PM.

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CYCLEON
    samuel hunnington estimates illegal mexicans make up 65-70% of our immigration problem!!!!!! worse, they do not assimilate - even like many other "hispanic" imigrants do, at least to a far greater degree - and they are the most likely to call for a bilingual US - a social disaster coming to be sure

and i see the problem as well and it bothers me, but the immigrant population also takes many of the jobs that we as americans do not want to do, with factory work, and hard labor in the fields, etc.....thats something to think about as well

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    They are one of the most contibuting factor of CA's downward spiral out of control. It's so bad here....I am not againist them coming here to work...just do it leagally...and to think we were going to give them drivers liscense's...We need to step it up at the borders...like I said I am all for foreigners coming here for a better living...just do it LEGALLY!

Maraxus is offline Banned

F.U.

Yeah a majority are bums, but there are exceptions to that!

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Sin you are not dierctly fronm the homeland , you are second generation , AMerican citizen.

decadbal is offline Banned
    tony, you need to get a dictionary and look up ecosystem..lol

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    Sin you are not dierctly fronm the homeland , you are second generation , AMerican citizen.

what does that have to do with it? if my grandparents did not come here as "illegals" or "wetbacks", or whatever else anyone wants to call them i wouldnt be here. i, still, would be considered one of the people ruining the "human ecosystem" (perhaps he meant gene pool).

Quote Originally Posted by sin
    what does that have to do with it? if my grandparents did not come here as "illegals" or "wetbacks", or whatever else anyone wants to call them i wouldnt be here. i, still, would be considered one of the people ruining the "human ecosystem" (perhaps he meant gene pool).
    i think he means jobmarket, im a first 2nd generation american, both sides of my family moved from Ireland in the 20s...

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1victor

yeah cause we know how most "cucasian" immigrants come here are MD's and PHD's right..

MASStermind is offline Banned
    lets see I waited in line in my country for 13 years while each year I would get pushed back on the list due to mexicans illegaly entering the country. Finally got in legally 13 years later with a lot of opportunity I could have had earlier in life wasted. Do I like illegal mexicans???? You figure it out.

this whole "immigrants are taking our jobs" is bull****.. everytime i hear that i makes my blood boil..

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    this whole "immigrants are taking our jobs" is bull****.. everytime i hear that i makes my blood boil..

i bet that duznt feel very good

Quote Originally Posted by 1badcamaro
    i bet that duznt feel very good

it tickles..

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    trust me that big suv you drive is doing more harm to the ecosystem than a few law mowers

The funny thing is that here the government wililngly imports Mexicans to work on our farms in the summer.

The federal government charters planes and sends recruiters in MX to get some people to work the land here and help our farmers out. The problem here is that you can't get any local help, nobody here wants to work hard for minimum wage.

The mexicans who come up here on the other hand work their ässes off from dusk to dawn 6 days a week, make decent money for their families and while they are here are given free basic healthcare.

Strangely enough when they are sent home in the fall (usually late november) none want to stay here... something do do with our winters I think

The reality here is quite different from the situation in California so it's hard for me to understand the resentment I read in this thread, but from what I've seen of their work here, I have nothing but respect for them.

Of course we do have more than our share of Illegal Aliens, but they are not from Mexico or Cuba here... most are criminals from the middle east who "surprise surprise" have no papers...

Red

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    It's best for those who get angry at questions like these to stay out of the threads. That is why I usually wouldn't be here, but I wanted to ask a KEY QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!

If these immigrants each came over with 10 bottles of prop in each pocket to distribute to bb'ers, would you still feel the same way?

~SC~

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano

I hope I have not offended anyone here, just seems to be disconcerting.

Do you really hope you don't offend anyone, or are you amazed that someone may actually get offended?

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    The funny thing is that here the government wililngly imports Mexicans to work on our farms in the summer.

The federal government charters planes and sends recruiters in MX to get some people to work the land here and help our farmers out. The problem here is that you can't get any local help, nobody here wants to work hard for minimum wage.

The mexicans who come up here on the other hand work their ässes off from dusk to dawn 6 days a week, make decent money for their families and while they are here are given free basic healthcare.

Strangely enough when they are sent home in the fall (usually late november) none want to stay here... something do do with our winters I think

The reality here is quite different from the situation in California so it's hard for me to understand the resentment I read in this thread, but from what I've seen of their work here, I have nothing but respect for them.

Of course we do have more than our share of Illegal Aliens, but they are not from Mexico or Cuba here... most are criminals from the middle east who "surprise surprise" have no papers...

Red

oh nooo.. im pretty sure chip and barbie would work the farms..

im gonna go with the latter, i always say i dont wanna offend someone, i am still however gonna say what i like..lol

and to say again what I said in another thread, nobody has the right to bitch about illegal immigrants. If you hate them so badly pick up your telephone and call INS.

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    My gf knows a lot more about this than me since she used to be a social working dealing with this kind of stuff and because she studies Latin American topics in grad school. Appearently the majority of them come here, work, send money back to their families, then go back to Mexico to be with their families. No harm in that, and like someone else already mentioned, they are doing the jobs that none of us really want to do. From what I understand, they are just "temp" workers here. They aren't really looking to settle in American and eat our food and sh-t.

The problem is the young ones that come over and become criminals, but thats not a problem specific to illegal aliens, there are plenty of natrual born US citizens that do that also.

Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    and to say again what I said in another thread, nobody has the right to bitch about illegal immigrants. If you hate them so badly pick up your telephone and call INS.
    your from tx. you must be one of the ppl payin em $1 and hr to do slave labor..

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    your from tx. you must be one of the ppl payin em $1 and hr to do slave labor..
    lol, yeah, to cut the grass in the yard I dont have.

Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    lol, yeah, to cut the grass in the yard I dont have.
    there are alot of texans who do that sorta stuff,not with simple grassmowing, but the hard labor and payin the immigrants like 2 an hour.. they are the only texans ive ever met who defend them... its only bc they are all pos

again, if you have such a personal problem with illigals then do something about it. call ins and they will be gone in a few hours. what are you waiting for?

EDIT: and btw, I was not defending them, as you can clearly see. I only said that if people have a problem with them, then take action, and quit bitching. know what i mean?
    Last edited by symatech; 11-01-2004 at 12:23 PM.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    there are alot of texans who do that sorta stuff,not with simple grassmowing, but the hard labor and payin the immigrants like 2 an hour.. they are the only texans ive ever met who defend them... its only bc they are all pos
    2 bucks an hour is better than their national average of 2 bucks a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    2 bucks an hour is better than their national average of 2 bucks a week.
    that makes u feel better bout ppl being treated like garbage, all i have to say is karma, maybe someone wont treat yoru children like that one day.

that makes u feel better bout ppl being treated like garbage, all i have to say is karma, maybe someone wont treat yoru children like that one day.
    Whoa Whoa big boy. You got me all wrong, I love mexicans... What I was explaining is they can work harder but for 40 times their pay or more. They use this money back in mexico as stated earlier by someone else 'they go back home', this happens in florida too. Those little mexicans can build a brick wall let me tell you.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Butch
    They are one of the most contibuting factor of CA's downward spiral out of control. It's so bad here....I am not againist them coming here to work...just do it leagally...and to think we were going to give them drivers liscense's...We need to step it up at the borders...like I said I am all for foreigners coming here for a better living...just do it LEGALLY!

I agree wholeheartedly.
    Other countries hold Americans accountable to their laws when we're there, no reason why foreigners shouldn't expect to be accountable to ours.
    -Tock

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    The Irish were shunned and held the low man position in society when they first arrived in large number in the 1800's. The Italians were the beat up guys after the Irish. Now it seems to be the Mexicans turn. Sad but true

By the year 2020 the majority of the U.S population will be hispanic. Something to think about

here we go with this majority crap again.. dont like it move to iceland where the only colored people will be the slaves your bring with you..

GOD, who else loves mexicans? besides me...

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    here we go with this majority crap again.. dont like it move to iceland where the only colored people will be the slaves your bring with you..
    A fact is a fact and that is all you should read into my statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Benches505
    A fact is a fact and that is all you should read into my statement.
    Maybe with our troops all out of the country we can do some ethnic house cleaning ourselves.
    j/k

Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    Maybe with our troops all out of the country we can do some ethnic house cleaning ourselves.
    j/k
    What I meant by stating that hispanics will be the majority is this:

Be careful how you treat them today because tomorrow they will be in a position to treat us the same way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information