wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member

Thumbs up Let's Bring Em Home! : Please Read

For any of you mods/admins/owners of other boards I would be most obliged if you would post this. Thanks.This is run by a friend of mine who owns www.ehowa.com (funny ****ing site). This is no joke or scam and has been nationally recognized for helping our troops. Feel free to donate on your own or if you would like to get one large donation together as I-T that is cool too. You can use our donate button and just put LBEH in the title. Veterans earn this and way more. Let's see if we can bring some to their families.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Time to crack those piggy banks, because today is the day kids.

It's that time of the year where I mooch! We've started our annual EHOWA drive to collect donations to buy airfare for junior military personnel to fly home for the holidays!

One thing I've noticed over the past few months is all the cars driving around with those magnetic yellow ribbons on the back. I find myself wondering if this person really does care about the well being of our men and women in uniform, or if they're just appeasing their own guilty conscience. I wonder if they pop this commercialized logo on the back of their family sedan and say to themselves, "Well I've done my part." Because if that's all we do -- a meaningless magnet that we picked up for $2.99 as an afterthought while buying a cup of coffee -- then we've really let down those who fight to protect us from evil.

We need to do more. We need to do more than to just sit on our fat asses and eat turkey, while the "United We Stand" sticker on your car window grows more and more faded each day. We need to do more than to set our vcr's to record a Discovery Channel documentary on our troops over in Iraq and Afghanistan. We need to do more and you know it just as much as I do.

To give everyone peace of mind both financially and ethically, this year LBEH should be a 501(c) non-profit charity, meaning not only will Uncle Sam be keeping a close eye on us, but your donation should be tax deductable as well. Our paperwork is in and alas, we're waiting in the thumbs up from the government.

As of this writing, we've received exactly 50 requests for tickets and it's only our fifth day running. Current projections put us about $5k-$6k short... I really don't want to have to tell any of these folks that we can't help them.

See the site: http://www.lbeh.org

Make a donation: https://www.paypal.com/xclick/[email protected]

And for those of you who prefer not to use paypal, you can always make a check/money order donation... please make payable to LBEH.ORG and mail to...

LBEH.ORG
    119 Drum Hill Rd, #330
    Chelmsford, MA 01824

So crack those piggy banks, rummage through those couch cushions, take back those beer bottles. Because I'm passing the hat. Last year we raised over $58,000 and flew home some 161 troops to spend the holidays with their familiies. Let's see if we can't do at least we well this year. Make me proud kids.

Okay. Let's Bring Em Home!

Saw this on another board and just had to spread it around it feels really good to know people care even though alot of people dont beleave in what we do now i will be the first to admit i really dont like being here but seeing things like this and organizations like this makes it worth it to me and makes it seem not all that bad thanks to all of you who are going to donate for helping out my brothers and sisters out there

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    bump

GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member
    bump for ya bro.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    ^^^^

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Bump

Thread Information