NevrSayNevr is offline Associate Member

Vioxx and the Damages

I wanted to see if anyone has taken Vioxx and suffered any side effects from it. Vioxx is a prescibed anti-inflammitory, or was until Merk & Co took it off the market. I had taken it a few different times for my right knee and lower back in the past, but only for 2 months at a time. My wife on the other hand has taken it for 6 1/2 years or so for her hip. The doctor's said it was a form of bursitis that was causing her pain since they could not find anything wrong with her hip. To make a long story short, she has been hospitalized twice with 2 different blood clots, both in her lungs. She seems OK now since she is off the drug, but she has been on Coumadin for a year now, not to mention all the hospital bills. I just wanted to share our story in case there are others out there who this has impacted.

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Well I took Vioxx when I had a problem on my knee. I swelled up completely to the point that I couldnt walk. It was impossible for me to walk. I developed a horrible rash that would not go away. I felt light headed, and I thought I was going to die. This went on for 1 week. It was hell.

I took it for my knee when it got so bad I could not squat even with an empty bar, 2 weeks later on 50mg a day I was able to squat again with 275lbs.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Same here as Maraxus.

It's "supposed" to reduce swelling. In my case it made it TWO TIMES WORSE!!!!!

~SC~

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Worst perscription ever in my life. I shouldve killed my doc.

It worked OK for me and some other people I knew, It affects different people different ways. Some get an upset stomach, ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Maraxus
    Well I took Vioxx when I had a problem on my knee. I swelled up completely to the point that I couldnt walk. It was impossible for me to walk. I developed a horrible rash that would not go away. I felt light headed, and I thought I was going to die. This went on for 1 week. It was hell.
    A rash, that must have sucked !!!

Thread Information