Thread: My New Board

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member

My New Board

I don't know if im allowed to plug my own board here but if im not, than im sure the mods will erase this thread.

Anyway, I have just set up a board that lets ppl discuss mainly drugs. And before ppl start flaming me, I set it up so that ppl can openly discuss their problems and concerns about drugs.

Ive been in a few bad situations myself and found I couldn't turn to anybody so at leats with this board ppl of all ages will be able to ask questions to the experienced members (when i get some) and get first class advice instead of getting it of somone who has just read a few books. Anyway you can find me at :

please check it out and sign up

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    If the board is strictly for recovery use I don't see a problem with this post.

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Cool site bro. Congrats and good luck! Where is the XXX forum jk

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    No offence at all bro. BUT, did you make a thread about trying to make money from something like this? In my honest opinion, from someone who uses PHPBB and vBulletin for forums, i think the site looks generic and you certainly wont get any money from it.

You have to think about how you will generate traffic too, first impressions go along way, you have no banner, no logo... i would think about putting one in -this goes along way.

Is it possible to apply themes, change the colours? Make it clean and bright, easy on eyes and professional looking.

ALSO, you obviosuly are using a free provider. Which, well is free, and this is what you can expect from free. Another thing to point out is obviously the address, try and go to one of these sites that do name forwarding, you may be able to condense that name a bit, may make it easier for people to remember.

The biggest thing bro, going back to your other thread, if you want to make money you will HAVE to spend money, it maybe only a few £/$ but you have to spend something.

Go to www.impact106fm.com for an example of what PHPBB can do. Theres lots of add ons, for example i just added a game section plus a downloads/streaming section. All of which increase footflow and ultimately increase the visitors to the site.

Tons of people do what you are doing, and fail. Im just trying to give you a few pointers, this is not a flame, take it as encouragment, if you follow what i have said you may yet have a chance.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    May want to also change the descriptions of those forums.

Doesn't look like an "educational" location, but rather a place to go and talk about how to get f*cked up to the max.

Just an observation.

~SC~

Another thing ive found whilst browsing through the site. To start with, the name is "Chemical King", i mean this is supposed to be an educational site about drug use and its called "Chemical King".

Take the advice from swole, me and a few others, there a quite a few people here who have forums, its up to you if you listen however

GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree with swole at first impression it don't look educational.

But good luck.
    Last edited by getinbig; 12-09-2004 at 07:01 AM.

Yeah, I see your point here Swole. But it is in the very early stages and I think I should probably change the titles of the forums to sumit that doesnt sound like it just a forum for discussing how to get fu*ked out ur head. That isn't the impression I was wanting to give out, but after your feedback I think I'l make some adjustments.

Cheers fellas

Yeah, just trying to help out. I know it's early yet, so you'll find yourself making lots of changes as the time goes on and you get feedback, questions, find what works, doesn't work, etc.

~SC~

decadbal is offline Banned
    wow, completely not what i was thinking... i wont flame you like i usually do the dopers... good luck i guess..lol

My advice would be to sign up for one of them free sites. Then install phpbb or vbulletin on it

free sites? like what ?

ive made a few adjustments to my board so it sounds a little more educational

tons of people can provide you with a free website, free space etc. and then you can install the board onto one of them.

BDTR is offline Retired
    This doesnt look like a drug rehab site for people to seek help, it seems like a junkie site with a heroin and crack sub forum... Very nice, im sure the members there will be top knotch, if they haven't sold their computers yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    Very nice, im sure the members there will be top knotch, if they haven't sold their computers yet.
    lmao hahaha

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    the members there will be top knotch, if they haven't sold their computers yet.

This doesnt look like a drug rehab site for people to seek help, it seems like a junkie site with a heroin and crack sub forum... Very nice, im sure the members there will be top knotch, if they haven't sold their computers yet.

LMFAO @ "heroin and crack sub-forums".........

BDTR cracks me up!!!!!!

~SC~

ProVet is offline Banned
    Man I just want a "crack" at the girl in his avater..LMAO!!

Quote Originally Posted by ProVet
    Man I just want a "crack" at the girl in his avater..LMAO!!

Hahaha you know when people are making jokes, and its funny, then someone says something and it ruins the whole thing?

ProVet is offline Banned
    Awwe boo hoo hoo!!!

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    WTF where is the steroid forum? They're a controlled substance too!

I see no issues with this....SBI has a chemical dependancy forum also....it's becoming popular on AAS boards to discuss recovery from rec-drugs.

Ironically, they banned me from that board because my avatar depicted rec-drugs before they had that forum. I haven't been re-instated even though thir new policy is to openly talk about them (*thus invalidating the reason I was banned).

Draw your own conclusions....

ProVet is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    I see no issues with this....SBI has a chemical dependancy forum also....it's becoming popular on AAS boards to discuss recovery from rec-drugs.

Ironically, they banned me from that board because my avatar depicted rec-drugs before they had that forum. I haven't been re-instated even though thir new policy is to openly talk about them (*thus invalidating the reason I was banned).

Draw your own conclusions....
    Bro...IMO...banning is just a power trip or personal issue. It was probably a MOD wich whom you made look inferior with your base of knowledge. It is their loss...Kudos

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    sorry that link needs to be removed, we cant be associated with that board, discussing the buzz of rec drugs? please do me a favour, thats not recovery related in the slightest

peace

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by The Original Jason
    sorry that link needs to be removed, we cant be associated with that board, discussing the buzz of rec drugs? please do me a favour, thats not recovery related in the slightest

peace
    I think it's an excellent board and will benefit AR greatly! When the crack-heads come over here and post we can refer them to this site, they will be in junkie heaven and won't bother us any more.

Somehow ~SC~ knew this thread wasn't gonna fly.

~SC~

Bro's I think Im giving outhe wrong impression with my board. I don't want it to be a place where ppl cum to discuss how to get high or anything like that. It is ment to be educational. But ive enlisted the help of my freind from another board and made him a mod for a few weeks. He is a computer technician so he knows how best to word these things.

Any of you lot heard of "FRANK" ? Its like a service across here to discuss in confidence the problems ppl face in relation to drugs. I wanted mine to be a site similar to that.

Anyway, I understand wyh the link is to be removed but perhaps I can post it again when I get the site sorted

Quote Originally Posted by Chemical King
    He is a computer technician so he knows how best to word these things.
    I love it when people say things like this, i love it. Thats like saying you know how to ride a moped so you must be able to know how to operate and 40 Foot Yacht.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemical King
    Bro's I think Im giving outhe wrong impression with my board. I don't want it to be a place where ppl cum to discuss how to get high or anything like that. It is ment to be educational. But ive enlisted the help of my freind from another board and made him a mod for a few weeks. He is a computer technician so he knows how best to word these things.

Any of you lot heard of "FRANK" ? Its like a service across here to discuss in confidence the problems ppl face in relation to drugs. I wanted mine to be a site similar to that.

Anyway, I understand wyh the link is to be removed but perhaps I can post it again when I get the site sorted
    OK, im going to be honest. Dont take this as a flame, this is solid advice.

Get rid of that stupid free proboards crap. Buy a domain name and get some hosting. Install forum software on there, whether it be phpbb or vbulletin. Pay for some advertising. After ALL of that it *might* be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by MESSY_UK
    OK, im going to be honest. Dont take this as a flame, this is solid advice.

Get rid of that stupid free proboards crap. Buy a domain name and get some hosting. Install forum software on there, whether it be phpbb or vbulletin. Pay for some advertising. After ALL of that it *might* be successful.
    Agreed. If it's to be a "professional" site that is educational, it can't be GHETTO.

As well, before you post it again, run it by the admins, that should be a no-brainer.

BIG NOTE:
    You should also CHANGE YOUR AVATAR as per the request of the system admin. That would probably help you to get on his GOOD SIDE. Besdies, it looks like a "manatar", she/he/it has a big ass nose and is far from attractive.

Read here: http://67.18.108.244//showthread.php?t=137499

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 12-09-2004 at 08:03 AM.

hows that for a sh1tty avatar ?

ProVet is offline Banned
    ****...that sux...please bring back the old one at once...lol

im working on finding a replacement bro!

Quote Originally Posted by ProVet
    Bro...IMO...banning is just a power trip or personal issue. It was probably a MOD wich whom you made look inferior with your base of knowledge. It is their loss...Kudos
    I didn't make their mods look inferior...they made themselves look inferior. But their admin helped them out greatly in that respect....

Thread Information