Hyperlite is offline Associate Member

Does anyone know how to uncap a cable modem?

I have this program called onestep, which is used to uncap the cable modem. I need some help with it though....

It's a bunch of crap when your paying $xx.xx for roadrunner and it downloads at less than 5.0kb...

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperlite
    I have this program called onestep, which is used to uncap the cable modem. I need some help with it though....

It's a bunch of crap when your paying $xx.xx for roadrunner and it downloads at less than 5.0kb...

1, Its illegal (theft of service)
    2, Its only possible with certain modems/ISP's
    3, I know how to
    4, Im not telling you

statuZ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MESSY_UK
    1, Its illegal (theft of service)
    2, Its only possible with certain modems/ISP's
    3, I know how to
    4, Im not telling you
    why arent you going to share the goods?

Quote Originally Posted by statuZ
    why arent you going to share the goods?

Coz i havent got the patience to explain, someone who posts a request on an open forum hasnt got the intelligence to successfully uncap a modem.

Angelis is offline Banned
    check out Geocities they usually have all the illegal sh*t written there... it might help.

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Coz i havent got the patience to explain, someone who posts a request on an open forum hasnt got the intelligence to successfully uncap a modem.
    Then what point do you serve to post that on the thread if you cant help him out...

Quote Originally Posted by Maraxus
    Then what point do you serve to post that on the thread if you cant help him out...
    By pointing out that this is completely illegal and shouldnt be posted in an open forum, as he didnt mention in the first place about the legalities of this i thought it prudent to point it out.

statuZ is offline Banned
    By pointing out that this is completely illegal and shouldnt be posted in an open forum, as he didnt mention in the first place about the legalities of this i thought it prudent to point it out.
    but then again we are talking about steroids here everyday, and the penalty for steroids is a lot worse than anyhting uncapping a cablem modem can bring upon you, but im just saying.

Maraxus is offline Banned
    On a steroid site? Come on bro, get off your high horse already.

decadbal is offline Banned
    im sure he could do it step by step, i know i coudlnt, and i dont consider myself dumb. if u can help him, then i think u should, he may save your ass later.

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    im sure he could do it step by step, i know i coudlnt, and i dont consider myself dumb. if u can help him, then i think u should, he may save your ass later.
    im willing to bet any amount of money he will be unsuccessful, or if he is successful his net gets cut off in a week

not gonna help someone break the law. and its not simple bro

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah... but if you apply the same logic then 95% of this board's posts would be inappropriate. Using steroids is illegal too. But we all know nobody here really uses steroids. We ask these questions for pure entertainment value. I'm kinda curious about how to uncap a modem myself... c'mon Messy, give us the low down

im willing to bet any amount of money he will be unsuccessful, or if he is successful his net gets cut off in a week
    yea, but thats on him, all u can do is help him.. no harm in that.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    hey messy, will you tell me though ??

Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    hey messy, will you tell me though ??
    haha shoot me over a pm

l6873 is offline Associate Member

LoadeD_PistoL is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by l6873
    i get all my stuff there.....

Quote Originally Posted by LoadeD_PistoL
    i get all my stuff there.....
    you still addicted to mail order semen huh..

workdude is offline Senior Member

LMAO.....

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    lol.. its going to be funny when the police knock on your door at 3 am.. and yes they can detect excess bandwitdh usage.. so if they see you going over xxxxKB's for a extended period of time its 3-5 years of ass humpin..

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Do you all hear that.......... it's a cry baby

OOps nevermind it's just Messy...haha

Just teasing bro

I R Baboon is offline Associate Member
    Go to www.broadbandreports.com, they may have some useful info on their if you look around a bit.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    n00be question.. what is uncaping a cable modem

Alright then girly men. I will give you a *tip*

When you first turn on your modem it accesses a remote server, which has a configuration file on it. What you need to do is to some how point the modem in a different direction at a different configuration file. Now, this can only be done on certain modems, some Terayon modems have been successfully uncapped, as well as the older style 3Com and Motorola surfboard models.

I will leave it up to you to figure out how to do the above! Good luck

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Surfboards are still around..? also as i always thought that the ip you would need an ip to connect to the "other" server.. being that when ur cable does go down it still comes back up with the same ip (static, i think?), and being that they only have x amount of ips which have a higher benchmark (and no it isnt unlimited), beside the point unless the give you are given an ip ur pretty much jerked since the modem itself does not produce one it only relays the service.

and also like i said in the US it is easy to get cought.. i pay $40 a month and have a 700 downstream and a 100 upsteam.. i HARDLY ever max it being that in not on any top sites anymore..
    Last edited by Elliot; 12-10-2004 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    Surfboards are still around..? also as i always thought that the ip you would need an ip to connect to the "other" server.. being that when ur cable does go down it still comes back up with the same ip (static, i think?), and being that they only have x amount of ips which have a higher benchmark (and no it isnt unlimited), beside the point unless the give you are given an ip ur pretty much jerked since the modem itself does not produce one it only relays the service.

and also like i said in the US it is easy to get cought.. i pay $40 a month and have a 700 downstream and a 100 upsteam.. i HARDLY ever max it being that in not on any top sites anymore..
    Surfboards have been replaced, newer modems you cannot uncap, well as easily anyway. You can still get them on ebay however

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Most cable companies do not use static IP. They're using DHCP but binding the DHCP address to the mac address on the NIC card on your computer. If you connect a different computer and unplug your cable modem to reset it when you turn it back on you'll get a different assigned address.

and also like i said in the US it is easy to get cought.. i pay $40 amonth and have a 700 downstream and a 100 upsteam.. i HARDLY ever max it being that in not on any top sites anymore..
    I max out my DSL daily. I have 1600/128.

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    Surfboards have been replaced, newer modems you cannot uncap, well as easily anyway. You can still get them on ebay however
    ppl uncapin modems is one of the reason's rogers in my area has taken the liberty to fedEx every user new modems and has set up roger's video stores to make exchanges among other things

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    ppl uncapin modems is one of the reason's rogers in my area has taken the liberty to fedEx every user new modems and has set up roger's video stores to make exchanges among other things

LoadeD_PistoL is offline Associate Member
    now i know who has been stealing my packages all this time....

Hyperlite is offline Associate Member
    sorry, i didn't mean to cause any trouble. I've got the cable guys coming out this sunday to look at this crap....I believe this is the fifth time these A-holes have been out here. I'm not out to steal a crap load of bandwidth, i just wanna download @ 100kb/sec again....right now i'm at around 5.0 kb/sec....

I have a toshiba modem, i got it when cable internet service became available in my area...

Thread Information