Thread: Trust

bex
    bex is offline Banned

Trust

Out of all the bros on the board who would you trust more for advice?..........Would it be the person with the most posted or time on the forum or because you like them..............And what would you do if you followed there advices and things we seriously wrong...............

tie
    tie is offline Junior Member
    Bexsome

Good quesiton bro. This is one I've been thinking about myself over recent weeks....

I reckon the quantity of a person's posts does not always mean they are a trusted source of advice. It's the quality of posts, that influences my opinion of the guys and gals on this board.

So for me, the quality of the posts helps me form an opinion of a person - and on that basis, they gain/lose my respect and trust. I've been viewing Anabolic Review for some time now, and generally most of you guys have won rather than lost my respect! :-)

If advice from a trusted source lead to a wrong outcome? Well, everybody makes mistakes, so there'd be no sense of 'blame'.

And at the end of the day there's only one person who REALLY makes the decisions in each of our lives, and that's ourselves!

I can be influenced and advised, but I make (and live with) the decision.

Tie

Canes4Ever is offline Banned

Re: Trust

Originally posted by bexsome
    Out of all the bros on the board who would you trust more for advice?..........Would it be the person with the most posted or time on the forum or because you like them..............And what would you do if you followed there advices and things we seriously wrong...............
    This is a tough question Bexsome. Since not all of us are on the same level of fitness and use of gear, I think you'll get a variety of answers.

For me there are (in no particular order) these people on the board I would trust implicitly, no questions asked, I would follow orders if they gave them :

Barbells79
    Diesel
    BigKev
    Dr. Evil
    TNT
    PTbyJason
    Pete235
    Bouncer aka BOUNCER
    Mike (God)
    Billy Boy

The qualifications of these gentlemen speak for themselves, and I have had contact with them through PMs and of course their reputation.

Honourable mention goes too.....

Sicilian30
    Gymnut4U
    Dane26
    Eye_Candy
    BroncoJosh
    9Natural9
    Dr. Derek
    IronMike7000
    Juice Junkie
    PlanetX
    Berry
    Barbells101
    IronFist
    Gainseeker
    Ajax
    Mike_XXL
    Primodonna
    Vegeta990
    Arthurb999
    Kid Shred
    Bexsome
    Cycleon
    Bufchic

Kaz
    Kaz is offline Member
    there are a number of bros on here who post some fantastic advice, doc evil and TNT to name just two

having said that i take EVERYONES advice, put it all in a pot so to speak, mix it up, and then go and research it all over again! i mention doc evil and tnt here because very often when they post some information they also post where that info came from, so you can go and check it yourself, and also cross reference it for more information/accuracy etc.

NO-ONE on this board would give deliberately wrong information (at least it is to be hoped!) however we all make the wrong call sometimes, or dont read the question properly etc.

most advice given here comes from the personal experience of the person giving it, while that might be fine when you say that using an 18 guage pin was like coring an apple, when it comes the the AS themselves we are all different and all react in different ways

for that reason alone i would say that when you take advice which may effect your health in some way, you should take it as a starting point for further research, even if that research is in the form of a PM with one of the people who gave the advice in the first place.

if i took advice which backfired.... its my call - no one forced me to make the decision i made, no one forced me to stick that pin in my ass, and if i couldnt be bothered to spend the time to research further then thats my tough sh*t!

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Kaz is extremely right. Every member will have an answer/opinion of their own. thats what makes this place so great. I concur on his thoughts about taking in everything as well. You utilize what works best for you and certain members know more about a certain topic than others. I say read, read, reasearch and try. Sooner or later you WILL find what works for you-All it takes is patience & motivation.

Ironweb is offline Member
    Personally anyone who wants to offer advise I have an open & willing ear. Matchs in respones will prompt me to investigate those answers and follow that path of advise.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool What would be more fun . . .

. . . might be a thread that asks, "Who don't you trust?"

But that is strictly a rhetorical question. I have a feeling that most of the answers would go against the board's no-flaming policy.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Would you not like to be told the truth once in a while....IE members pics you must be honest some of the pic of people are crap............So why not give constructive critisism instead of yes bro you look good and hey man you will be some big mother in a few weeks.......yawn yawn.........(IF YOU THINK IAM OUT OF ORDER THEN PLEASE BAN ME)................truth hurts somtimes but we need to no the bad things in order to progress...........

Would you not like to be told the truth once in a while....IE members pics you must be honest some of the pic of people are crap............So why not give constructive critisism instead of yes bro you look good and hey man you will be some big mother in a few weeks.......yawn yawn.........(IF YOU THINK IAM OUT OF ORDER THEN PLEASE BAN ME)................truth hurts somtimes but we need to no the bad things in order to progress...........
    I see constructive critisism many times bro, I know I have told guys to bring up the arms, chest or legs at times when I post to the threads on their pix.

By the way if you want to blast someones pictures I will be putting up some next week and you can laugh your ass off at that time !

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    LMAO, yeah we are going to ban you for saying that. Come on bexsome, you know better than that.

I have gotten PMs from those I have banned for flaming after they reregistered under another name, arguing this same case. But let me ask you this. You mention constructive criticism. Is "you look like crap" constructive criticism? Now if you said, "you really need to lean up some before starting your bulk cycle because your bodyfat is a little too high right now", that would be constructive criticism. BIG difference. Let's them know the real deal, but doesn't bash them.

Originally posted by PTbyJason

LMAO, yeah we are going to ban you for saying that. Come on bexsome, you know better than that.

I have gotten PMs from those I have banned for flaming after they reregistered under another name, arguing this same case. But let me ask you this. You mention constructive criticism. Is "you look like crap" constructive criticism? Now if you said, "you really need to lean up some before starting your bulk cycle because your bodyfat is a little too high right now", that would be constructive criticism. BIG difference. Let's them know the real deal, but doesn't bash them.

spm162 is offline Associate Member
    Personally, I take everything that is said and all the advice I get with a grain of salt. Some people are more knowledgable with their answers and some just give you their personal opinion with out any scientific or sensible background behind their answer. I try to extrapolate what makes the most sense to me. Just because someone responds to your post, doesn't mean they are giving an educated answer or have any clue what they are saying is true.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    I wouldnt go by post counts on who to trust for advice. Staying on the board long enough you realize who knows what they are talking about. There are many guys i trust on here alot.If for some reason you got bad advise i dont feel like you can blame the person for what goes wrong. In the end it was only advise they gave. In the end the choice is still yours.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    There are certain people that I trust for their experience, regardless of post count. Sincerity is also very important. Guys like Canes may not have any steroid experience, but its apparent that he is always looking out for the good of us fellow members.

Originally posted by EXCESS
    There are certain people that I trust for their experience, regardless of post count. Sincerity is also very important. Guys like Canes may not have any steroid experience, but its apparent that he is always looking out for the good of us fellow members.
    Thanks Excess, I think most of us here are the type of stand-up guy/gal who is there for their fellow board member in his/her time of need.

A lot of the guys try to act tough at times, but I know many of them through PMs and have gotten to understand a lot of them are very kind, sincere, generous and sensitive guys with feelings and kind hearts who have helped me many times over the last few months.

You guys can try to act tough, but I see right through ya

Thread Information