Had to call the cops

Im feeling a bit upset at the fact that i had to encounter a domestic issue on my block today. I was walking home with my kids and noticed a couple argueing next to a car parked on the street. next thing you know the guy punches the girl right in the face, hard enough for me to hear the crack! I immediatley run up to the couple and break them up and have my kids run upstairs to call the cops. to make a long story shorter, the cops show up and take them both away. now i know i did the right thing but i can't stop thinking that this guy knows where i live and who my kids are. what are the chances of him retaliating on me or my family? you cant win in a situation like that, if i did nothing i would feel like a jerk now i feel like a rat! anyone ever been in a situatian like this?

statuZ is offline Banned
    dawg if he straight up punched the girl in the face, you should have done more than call the cops but thats just my opinion. get a restraining order on him if you are really that scared.

gya321 is offline Member
    You should be fine. You did the right thing, you could of kicked the sh1t out of him but, you still did the right thing.

BWhitaker is offline Senior Member
    yeah...fighting is stupid...but there are sometimes that it is necessary and should be used if one is capable. If you disagree....why do you think there is war

BigRandy is offline Associate Member
    i agree that you did the right thing. i think you and your kids will be ok

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by statuZ
    dawg if he straight up punched the girl in the face, you should have done more than call the cops but thats just my opinion. get a restraining order on him if you are really that scared.
    I dont think he should have felt obligated to get physical with the guy. My friend just got stabbed 2 months ago after breaking up a fight in a bar. You did the right thing.

dirtythirty is offline Associate Member
    id say that the guy who punched the girl is going to be more pissed at the girl for the whole situation and probably take it all out on her.

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Breaking it up is one thing and calling the cops is something very different. When you have kids it is best to stay out of situations like that especially if some crap bucket knows where you and they live.

I once jumped out of my car when I saw a guy beating a woman in a parking lot. I grabbed the guy and put him in a choke hold and then the crazy woman started clawing the back of my neck telling me to let him go. I still have a small scar to remind me to mind my own business from that day.

Monkeytown is offline Senior Member
    If the guy punched a chick in the face then he is too much of a pussy to confront a man!! You have nothin' to worry about!! JMHO

MT

thanks for all the opinions, i know i did the right thing... you just cant turn your back on crap like that!

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Good job man. Did he try to fight you too?

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey bro, you did the right thing! Just think if you did nothing and the next day on the news you saw that he beat her to death. How bad do you think you would have felt then...? If your that worried speak to the investigating officer so atleast its in the report if something happens later on.

OG

marka is offline Associate Member
    Me and a friend once saw somthing very similar, but couple was at a bench, and my friend went up to the guy and punched him a couple of times and the guy hit the floor, then the chick was upset at my friend, screaming at him........Lesson, just cause the guy is the one that hits, doesnt make him the only sick one in the relationship.........they both have psycho problems.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    You can't let fear stop you from doing the right thing. How could you have done nothing and then looked your kids in the face? I understand your worry but that probably taught your child more than a thousand talks. If he messes with your family then go get him and bring hell with you.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I agree 100%. The only thing I would have done differently is pull them apart rather than slap a choke on the guy. Putting physical space between them will ususally diffuse the situation much more effectively than 'jumping in'. I wouldn't worry too much about retaliation, these people will likely return to their disfunctional lives as if nothing ever happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickson
    You can't let fear stop you from doing the right thing. How could you have done nothing and then looked your kids in the face? I understand your worry but that probably taught your child more than a thousand talks. If he messes with your family then go get him and bring hell with you.

decadbal is offline Banned
    i agree bro, id gladly get shot over a guy beatin his gf. thats somones sisters, mother and i wont stand by and let some guy just whip a girl. ive done something similar.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    You did the PERFECT thing.

Hypothetically speaking, IF YOU HIT HIM, there's a very HIGH chance that the girl he just punched would've jumped on your back and started clawing at your face. Boom. Who's the bad guy now?

The sick and disgusting thing about women in abusive relationships is that they know it's there but fail to accept it. If you had hit him, who knows. She may have turned the story around to get her abusive man out of harms way and claim you hit her.

You did the right thing, and as mentioned before, if you feel your safety is at risk, as well as your childrens, notify the authorities. Even if nothing is done in terms of pro-active solutions, having that on record is a very, very big thing that can swing heavily in your favour if further events take place.

Good job bro.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoNNy THe BuLL
    You did the PERFECT thing.

Hypothetically speaking, IF YOU HIT HIM, there's a very HIGH chance that the girl he just punched would've jumped on your back and started clawing at your face. Boom. Who's the bad guy now?

The sick and disgusting thing about women in abusive relationships is that they know it's there but fail to accept it. If you had hit him, who knows. She may have turned the story around to get her abusive man out of harms way and claim you hit her.

You did the right thing, and as mentioned before, if you feel your safety is at risk, as well as your childrens, notify the authorities. Even if nothing is done in terms of pro-active solutions, having that on record is a very, very big thing that can swing heavily in your favour if further events take place.

Good job bro.
    Agreed...

I know a good few women in abusive situations...sad to say..most've em would've pounced on you if you smacked their man about.

Calling the cops was the right thing to do.

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    You did the right thing. Jumping in could have turned out bad for you......domestics are the most volitile situations because you never know what direction you are gonna get hit from.

Proud of you!
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

You did the right thing big time. I too like benches found a d1ckhead slamming his
    girls head on the steering wheel by the time I had hit him she was on my back screaming "leave him alone". Go figure. That was 20 years ago and faced with the same situation today I would do what you would do. Relax, like was said he'll take it out on her not you.

houseofpain is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickson
    ^What he said
    ~HOP

Thread Information