Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: nfl QBs

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by phatmark
    good opinions.. i wouldnt disagree with any of them. what about phil simms tho? lol
    You are my new best friend!!!!!!!!

Best in the game today... Peyton Manning
    Best leadership and toughness......Brett Favre
    Most athletic...Micheal Vick
    Best young talent....Big Ben..
    Winner.....Tom brady

The Dan Marino of today is Peyton Manning...He's got all the stats and no title.

The Joe Montana of today is Tom Brady. Tough to beat and is a clutch player with a very very good team around him.

You could compare Brett favre to John Elway. A cannon,a leader and a winner and soon to be legend of the game.

Micheal Vick is the most athletic qb period. I cannot stand scrambling qb's outside of option style football, but he is crazy good. Sad thing is he can still be a major flop,and his expectations are extremely high. He was supposed to revolutionize the qb position in the NFL so far.. Defense 1 Vick 0

Big Ben is the future of the game. He's the first new qb to stick out with talent since Brady. Except a lot better in my eyes. It just might take some time to get everything totally on track. So far perfect though.

Aboot is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne
    Maybe I'm a homer but Manning dominates the game like no one has before. Watching Peyton play is like watching a Heisman trophy winner compete against highschoolers. Its just not fair the way he understands and executes. Now that my FF season is complete at least I have the Colts to still cheer for.
    Um, who have the Colts beat during their incredible run? NOBODY. Wait until the playoffs when the big bad Pats/Steelers lay a beating on the receivers and Manning. History tells us that the Colts will fold. They're soft.

Also, why doesn't anyone mention that Manning is going to break Marino's records the season that the officials are cracking down on pass interference? There are new rules that let the receivers go through zones without having a hand touch them. Different rules=Manning beating up on crappy teams.

Remember this in January.

allsaucedup is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    I hate Joe Montana......Jerry Rice made him the QB that he is today

Marino will always be the man

Right now I think Byron leftwich is the QB of the future
    Joe Montana won his first 2 super bowls before Jerry Rice even came into the league. Joe Montana had a winning quality and that made him great.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by allsaucedup
    Joe Montana won his first 2 super bowls before Jerry Rice even came into the league. Joe Montana had a winning quality and that made him great.
    similar to how brady's got two rings and is running at a third without a single outstanding receiver.

by the way, montana threw almost as many passes to dwight clark over the years as he did to jerry rice.

Quote Originally Posted by goodtobeapimp
    Micheal Vick is the most athletic qb period. I cannot stand scrambling qb's outside of option style football, but he is crazy good. Sad thing is he can still be a major flop,and his expectations are extremely high. He was supposed to revolutionize the qb position in the NFL so far.. Defense 1 Vick 0
    He's athletic...but not smart. It's taken him years to understand the development of plays. Now with the west coast offense...expect him to take another few years to get to full capacity.

Ryan2g is offline Junior Member
    Id take vick before any QB ever; in a couple years, he will take the position to a new level. My guess is that in ten-fifteen years, all QBS will need the same skills as he to win.... As for inaccuracy....Vick can hit just about any target with the flick of the wrist, he's completed 57 percent of his passes; not too shabby. Peyton was 68 last time i checked but Mike aint too far behind. I will say that Peyton is arguably the best RIGHT NOW (truly a stellar season thus far) but Mike is my fav, and will throw a 4000 yard season in the future while rushing for a thousand more....Just give him a Marvin Harrison or Randy Moss to throw at....It would get sick!

PS- I love the debate here keep it up!
    Last edited by Ryan2g; 12-14-2004 at 04:38 PM.

c_ville is offline Associate Member
    I would take Manning's upper half and Vick's lower half (no homo). Imagine how amazing Peyton could be if he had the potential to run for 8 yards every snap? He is already unreal as it is..

All time.. John Elway. I base this on... he is the QB I would most want with the ball with 2 minutes left down 6 points.

Quote Originally Posted by c_ville
    I would take Manning's upper half and Vick's lower half (no homo). Imagine how amazing Peyton could be if he had the potential to run for 8 yards every snap? He is already unreal as it is..

All time.. John Elway. I base this on... he is the QB I would most want with the ball with 2 minutes left down 6 points.

I'd keep manning the way he is. QB's with the ability to scramble tend to get happy feet. People love to see qb's run because it's flashy. Now if we were talking high school or NCAA. I'd rather have a qb with good legs. It opens up another style of football,but not in the NFL. To me its not worth chancing your starting qb for a few yards that your RB could pick up.

Outside of an option style offense or a 3rd down and everyone is covered. Scrambling should be the LAST option for a qb not the first.Ever wonder why an option doesn't work in the nfl? Speed. That's the same reason Vick will NEVER dominate the NFL with his legs like he did at Va Tech. He can learn every system known to man,and it's still not going to make him standout like he once did. There's a difference between playing against guys thats been in the league at a most 4 years (unless your jason white) then guys that are 10 year vets.

People still are talking about vick this and vick that.It's taken a few injuries, a lot of screw ups and a new style of offense for them to start winning. Ben Rothlisberger comes into the league and wins. Yea the system is better for him because he throws the ball well and only scrambles when forced out of the pocket. I remember Bill Parcells saying something like " We pay our running backs to run. We pay our quarterback's to pass".

I've seen more COLLEGE games blown this past year because of qb's second guessing their passing ability with their legs then ever before.Sure it's a nice asset to have and make the defense think twice about the qb,but at the same time I've recently seen more games lost then won with a qb's legs.

punk_bbuilder is offline Senior Member
    Big Ben for rookie

Elway for all time

Harvey Balboner is offline Retired Moderator
    best all time Farve, toughness, leadship, and the cannon. sure he makes some bad throws but he also makes the throws on Farve can make.

if i was building a team it would be Brady or Big Ben to build around, they just go out there get it done and win.

Vick is way overrated, sure he is exciting, but he is inaccurate, he is an accident waiting to happen, and one really big hit from his career being over.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Balboner
    Vick is way overrated, sure he is exciting, but he is inaccurate, he is an accident waiting to happen, and one really big hit from his career being over.
    I agree. He is overrated. Time will tell.

chinups Guest
    He is athletic as a tiger in the jungle. A bit overrated but he can throw a perfect spiral lefty and righty. Lets not forget he is still young, he was considered a phenom so we all expect him to be unstoppable but in fact its his 3rd yr and he missed most of last. Give MV another yr or two to judge accuratly. He also is top 5 strongest arms in the NFL.. I think he is talked about alot cause ppl know the talent and there just waiting for him to put everything together

SwollSooner315 is offline Junior Member
    vinny testerverde is by far the best QB i think....he stats speak for themselves

Boost n Juice is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chinups
    He is athletic as a tiger in the jungle. A bit overrated but he can throw a perfect spiral lefty and righty. Lets not forget he is still young, he was considered a phenom so we all expect him to be unstoppable but in fact its his 3rd yr and he missed most of last. Give MV another yr or two to judge accuratly. He also is top 5 strongest arms in the NFL.. I think he is talked about alot cause ppl know the talent and there just waiting for him to put everything together

Oh ya, remember that 170 yard-throw gatorade commercial? J/K...

chinups Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SwollSooner315
    vinny testerverde is by far the best QB i think....he stats speak for themselves
    Yeah man VINNY greatest QB of all time. LOL

haha i was joking....vinny should be drug into the street in dallas and shot for blowing the cowboys season....vinny is a major reason why they lose

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwollSooner315
    haha i was joking....vinny should be drug into the street in dallas and shot for blowing the cowboys season....vinny is a major reason why they lose

Yeah sure blame it on the old guy. Nevermind the fact here is no offense talent to turn to. Julius Jones nursed his vagina the first 3 months of the season, the defense could be run on by Christopher Reeve, the prized possession of Drew Henson flopped like Ryan Leaf, there may be Highschool receivers in the state that could rival those wearing stars, and Bill Parcells doesnt have the attention of his team. But if it makes cowboy fans sleep easier at night knowing they blame their teams woes on a washed up QB then feel free to sling it that direction.

lol settle down

NoobJuice is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aboot
    Present - Tom Brady (all he does is win)

All Time - John Elway
    All he does is throw 4 ints in one freakin game. That only happens to shi%%y qbs. Hmmmm who has thrown 4 ints this year. Cade Mccnown, Jonathan Quinn and Tom fukn Brady. The most overrated player in the game right next to Brian Urlacher.

OH and everyone is one big hit from their carrers being over. _Money
    Trust me I know.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobJuice
    All he does is throw 4 ints in one freakin game. That only happens to shi%%y qbs. Hmmmm who has thrown 4 ints this year. Cade Mccnown, Jonathan Quinn and Tom fukn Brady. The most overrated player in the game right next to Brian Urlacher.
    Im a colts fan and this pains me to say it but do you recall the performance that Manning had a year ago against the Pats in the AFC championship game? Oh and didnt McNabb have a brillant game in the NFC championship with the Panthers, in case you've forgotten just ask Ricky Manning about the solid day from Mac 5. Yeah I guess only sh*tty QB's do throw 4 picks.

I do agree the Brady gets more hype than he probably should on a very well balanced team, but he isnt half as over rated as Vick. At least he has a legitimate passer rating and completition percentage.

Wow I cant believe I just made an argument in the favor of Tom Brady. What the hell is wrong with me? It must be the weather!!
    Last edited by TheChosenOne; 12-23-2004 at 11:34 AM.

Vick has been in the leauge 3 years less than Brady. In time he will develop and become one of the greats.
    Look what he has done to the position since he has been there. There were more than 18 college qbs that could run a sub 4.4. Is that coincidence. I think not.

And you are right. Brady is a decent player. I just have my own pejudice on brady and this so called "dynasty". They had a weak schedule and the only contender they played smacked em in the mouth. So I revise my previous saying he was shi%%y. He is decent at best.
    On another note, I play Arena1 football and I believe the qb that throws me the ball could make the plays brady does. Short 3-5 yard passes all day long. I'm a reciever but I think I could make those throws. Anywho they will lose in the playoffs this year- colts or steelers will smack em and thats it with the "dynasty"

Quote Originally Posted by NoobJuice
    Vick has been in the leauge 3 years less than Brady. In time he will develop and become one of the greats.
    Look what he has done to the position since he has been there. There were more than 18 college qbs that could run a sub 4.4. Is that coincidence. I think not.

He is the 26th rated passer in the league. Twenty-f*cking-six. Thats terrible. When ESPN finally gets their mouths off his cock people will realize that he does not possess the skills to be a leader as a Quarterback. Drew Brees nearly threw for more yards on just 6 passes last week than Vick did. I just dont see a Quarterback being an effective passer throwing from one foot on the run on a regular basis. Vick has never dominated the game consistenly at any level nor has he ever played a full season healthy. I just see him as a rich man's Kordell Stewart. Remember how much hype Slash had during his first 3 season after taking the Steelers deep in the playoffs early in his career?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information