Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MASStermind is offline Banned

Need handgun advice

Just sold my 9mm and need a gun asap, anyone got any advice on what to get thats easily concealable that has enough stopping power to kill in one shot but isnt too hard to handle so that I can aim good. It has to have a clip and a REAL safety none of that glock finger on the trigger stuff. My budget is going to be at 400$ unless thats unrealistic. Gun shows coming soon so wanna make my purchase.

Spyder Guest
    peeps like you shouldn't have guns!
    my favorite is the beretta px4 storm

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    peeps like you shouldn't have guns!
    my favorite is the beretta px4 storm

just checked it out thats a nice looking gun just the size i'm looking for. You know the cost on it?

chinups Guest
    9 mm GLOCK

Spyder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MASStermind
    just checked it out thats a nice looking gun just the size i'm looking for. You know the cost on it?
    nah actually i dont. i dont actually own it, just use it a lot. its only for law enforcement here in the US right now. (ive got a bunch of cop friends)

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chinups
    9 mm GLOCK
    or sig 229 9mm or 40

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    for around 400 used ?? hard to find a decent handgun brand new for 400 but look into the New Ruger handguns for this year i can get em cash for around 370-380 but there normally listed at around 420 you can get 40 or 45 cals

atlgadoll is offline Junior Member
    This gun is a bit closer to $500, but you should check it out....

http://www.springfield-armory.com/prod-xdpstl.shtml

Easy to shoot, extrememly safe, and it's polymer - so extremely light.

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    Russian Makarov 9mm
    cheap(around $200) and nice shooting
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need handgun advice-bulgarianpolicemak.jpg  

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    The solution to your problem..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need handgun advice-solution.jpg  

KeyMastur is offline VET
    that last one's weird. never seen a gun with a thumb trigger

Quote Originally Posted by atlgadoll

its got the trigger safety like the glocks, i dont need that cauase i'm prone to grab it and piont it at someone and it go off by mistake. Need something like a S&W that has a safety lock you can snap down. I like how the S&W doesnt fire with the clip in either.

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    i'm prone to grab it and piont it at someone and it go off by mistake.
    ****, brother you might not need a gun, if you are going to be going around pointing one at people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    ****, brother you might not need a gun, if you are going to be going around pointing one at people.

Havent had to yet but dont want the gun going off when I dont need it to just because i'm scared and have adrenaline rushing through my body and couldnt control how hard i held the trigger.

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Havent had to yet but dont want the gun going off when I dont need it to just because i'm scared and have adrenaline rushing through my body and couldnt control how hard i held the trigger.

Ok, I got you, in you previous post, it sounded as if this was a common occurrence in your life...

And remember don't point a gun at anything that you are not going to shoot.

atlgadoll is offline Junior Member
    its got the trigger safety like the glocks, i dont need that cauase i'm prone to grab it and piont it at someone and it go off by mistake. Need something like a S&W that has a safety lock you can snap down. I like how the S&W doesnt fire with the clip in either.
    As Bigen12 said, I wouldnt be pointing at someone unless i planned to shoot them (and if I plan to shoot them i certainly dont want to deal with a saftey). What happens if you point it and the other guy pulls one out real fast?

test is best is offline Associate Member
    With your adrenaline going you might forget to take the saftey off,and
    thats a problem,glocks are the way to go.imo

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by test is best
    With your adrenaline going you might forget to take the saftey off,and
    thats a problem,glocks are the way to go.imo
    Agreed. Glock is the way to go. I don't like to have a round chambered period, safety or not. Especially with an inside the pants holster worn in the front. But I don't live "in the ghetto".

Quote Originally Posted by JdJuicer
    Agreed. Glock is the way to go. I don't like to have a round chambered period, safety or not. Especially with an inside the pants holster worn in the front. But I don't live "in the ghetto".
    I usually carry with 3 clips fully loaded one in the chamber and safety on so I'm afraid of having the glock go off on my nuts or shoot me in the leg spine or i dont care where just dont wanna shoot anything or epsecially myself.

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    I usually carry with 3 clips fully loaded one in the chamber and safety on so I'm afraid of having the glock go off on my nuts or shoot me in the leg spine or i dont care where just dont wanna shoot anything or epsecially myself.
    What's the deal? Someone after you? Just extra cautious? Or is it for your job?

Quote Originally Posted by JdJuicer
    What's the deal? Someone after you? Just extra cautious? Or is it for your job?

I just dont to lose a fight.

statuZ is offline Banned
    i dont think i would ever have a gunt hat iw ould carry around with me, becuase i should never ever be in a situation like that where i would need one (very very rare), i don't relaly think you need a gun to win a fight, win the fight with your hands it will feel better!

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member
    i carry a HK usp compact 9mm, full clip, one chambered on safety. inside the pant holster in the front, cause yes i go to the ghetto sometimes. if im in my car its in the my drivers side door in the cubby hole or its on my lap

BDTR is offline Retired
    I carry my USP compact .45 at all times with a spare mag and sometimes in my back pocket a beretta tomcat .32, just cus its funny that i own a gun that small. Then again, im injury prone.

decadbal is offline Banned
    Just sold my 9mm and need a gun asap, anyone got any advice on what to get thats easily concealable that has enough stopping power to kill in one shot but isnt too hard to handle so that I can aim good. It has to have a clip and a REAL safety none of that glock finger on the trigger stuff. My budget is going to be at 400$ unless thats unrealistic. Gun shows coming soon so wanna make my purchase.
    if you have to ask this kinda of stuff, u shouldnt have one..

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal

a fookin men!!!

you ppl worry me carrying guns around.....

BDTR is offline Retired
    Not too hard to handle, try my walther Cp99 pellet gun. It came in a box set with the real p99, and boy its fun. Just plink the guy 8 times in the face with it and he'll run off screaming.

so what you are stating by your statement there is that all people who own guns know everything about guns and should know what gun they want immediately. OK then. I will not purchase anymore guns. Thanks.

so what you are stating by your statement there is that all people who own guns know everything about guns and should know what gun they want immediately. OK then. I will not purchase anymore guns. Thanks.
    no, i meant the stupid ?s your asking about shooting someone, it isnt that easy hero. and your welcome

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    i personally like 380's. small, pack power and light. my favorite,maybe cause in canada u gotta hide that shlt and a 380 is very easy to hide.

MER
    MER is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    The solution to your problem..
    Haha I love it

Glocks are prolly your best bang for you buck

cjp85 is offline Member
    Im really not getting the issue about the safety here, you say that you dont want the gun to accidentally go off because of pulling the trigger, but if you need to you want to be able to use it? If your pointing your gun at someone for a good reason, the safety should be off anyway. If that was the situation, I would get a Glock with a NY trigger spring. It changes the trigger pull from 5 pounds to 12, similar to the double action revolvers the NY police used to carry. On top of that, practice drawing with your finger off the trigger. I would recomend taking a class, they have them at a lot of the local ranges. For $400 you can pick up a Glock in very good condition. If the safety issue is mandatory, your gonna have to spend a little more for any of the handguns that are reliable enough to bet your life on. Look at the HK USP line, I just picked one up today, but you will need more than $400.

DirtyJerzy is offline New Member
    Check out the Charter Arms 2000 off duty, its a hammerless .38 special nice little gun that packs a punch with the right rounds

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cjp85
    Im really not getting the issue about the safety here, you say that you dont want the gun to accidentally go off because of pulling the trigger, but if you need to you want to be able to use it? If your pointing your gun at someone for a good reason, the safety should be off anyway. If that was the situation, I would get a Glock with a NY trigger spring. It changes the trigger pull from 5 pounds to 12, similar to the double action revolvers the NY police used to carry. On top of that, practice drawing with your finger off the trigger. I would recomend taking a class, they have them at a lot of the local ranges. For $400 you can pick up a Glock in very good condition. If the safety issue is mandatory, your gonna have to spend a little more for any of the handguns that are reliable enough to bet your life on. Look at the HK USP line, I just picked one up today, but you will need more than $400.
    i agree you are not supposed to draw with finger on the trigger anyway...also if you want something a little cheaper and just as good as hk but a little more pricey than a glock get a sig, great guns!!

getnjacked is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atlgadoll

I have this gun. Like it a lot

cjp85 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    i agree you are not supposed to draw with finger on the trigger anyway...also if you want something a little cheaper and just as good as hk but a little more pricey than a glock get a sig, great guns!!
    I love Sigs, I want a P229

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Wow..I can't imagine any reason in the world why you should have a gun!!!

If you aren't proficient enough to not put your finger on the trigger, then you have NO business carrying a firearm..And if you can't keep your finger off of the trigger, there is about a zero percent chance that in a stressful situation you will remember to take the weapon off of safety..

Taking a firearms course would do you a world of good and quite possible keep you from shooting yourself, or worse. shooting someone that is innocent..

Just out of curiosity..Why do you want and/or need a firearm??

Doc M

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Two questions for people who carry around guns... not criticizing, just wondering...

1) What states do you live in that it is legal to carry a handgun, or are you carrying it illegally?

2) For the people who carry a handgun incase of "Fighting" purposes, is this for when your out numbered? Or would you pull it on someone that you are having a clean one-on-one fistfight with, but you are losing so you decide to pull it??

i have a concealed handgun lic. i carry where i can..i live in atl ga i never break the law with it, no schools and os on u know, i am not much for fighting, never have been, ive kicked some ass and had mine handed to me sereral times. i carry it for the ppl who try to steal my truck, or hurt me, or someone im wiht, or a group of thugs, i never show ppl it, i never brag ive gota gun, i have it for safty, thats it. i dont wanna ever hurt anyone with it, and i hope no one ever forces me to

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    i have a concealed handgun lic. i carry where i can..i live in atl ga i never break the law with it, no schools and os on u know, i am not much for fighting, never have been, ive kicked some ass and had mine handed to me sereral times. i carry it for the ppl who try to steal my truck, or hurt me, or someone im wiht, or a group of thugs, i never show ppl it, i never brag ive gota gun, i have it for safty, thats it. i dont wanna ever hurt anyone with it, and i hope no one ever forces me to
    Thats cool, you seem to be a person that respects the fact you get to carry a handgun and realize its a priviledge, not a right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information