Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you happy?

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester

Are you happy?

Today is not a good day for me. It has nothing to do with the holidays or anything like that I just feel the weight of the world pressing down a little extra today. I'm a very upbeat person and I love to laugh and joke around......but now and then I wonder if for all my joking it's only a front for the lack of direction my life has taken. You ever wake up on a morning and wonder to yourself why you feel the way you do?

Ole Juggernauts a little blue today.............and I have no idea why. odd huh?

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    maybe because you were eliminated from the ARFF playoffs?

But seriously, i know how you feel. somedays just aren't as good as the rest. Those days i like to just spend time with myself and think about the good things i've got going on. **** man if i were you down in florida i'd hit the beach.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Yes, I feel like this every once in a while. I just had my right knee scoped, so it's harder than normal to be "up and up" everyday, being that my right knee is twice the size of the left, I can't train legs for another 2 weeks, etc. But, I know better days are to come, and to take the good w/the bad. I'll be competing next year, and all of the stress and b.s. that I feel now w/having the surgery will be all worth it. So, in the interim, I try not to stress, just enjoy life, and be happy. I don't want to look back to today 8 months from now and tell myself, "See you were stressin'/trippin' for no reason at all".

Easier said than done, I know, but it helps if I constantly think that way. I hope your day brightens up bro.

~SC~

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Juggy, I feel ya. Especially this time of year, it is hard for me. SPEND, SPEND, SPEND FOR X-MAS. Typically more going out than coming in. The distruptions of my daily routines cause of the holidays. The older I get the less I like distruptions, I like things the way they are. I guess I'm a scrooge. I can't wait for Jan so I can start my new year. Hang in there bro!

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    I get that way to because of the weather. It sucks to be in Chicago for the winter. 20 degrees with 40mph winds is depressing...

would it help if I tell you I love you????

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut
    Today is not a good day for me. It has nothing to do with the holidays or anything like that I just feel the weight of the world pressing down a little extra today. I'm a very upbeat person and I love to laugh and joke around......but now and then I wonder if for all my joking it's only a front for the lack of direction my life has taken. You ever wake up on a morning and wonder to yourself why you feel the way you do?

Ole Juggernauts a little blue today.............and I have no idea why. odd huh?
    i believe its either a mid life crisis juggy man or you are just pms'ing...

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    I feel ya man.. I hate my job.. hate the fact I can't train right now cuz of my elbows.. Hate a lot of things.. Girls are crazy.. But I am going back to school so that's making me feel better.. and in a while I will be able to train again.. everyone has their ups and downs... thats life unfortunatly

Felt like that this morning, so I slept in an extra hour... then I hit the gym and was late to work... but it helped my mood a lot

Red

t-money is offline Member
    Try to stay up bro. I get that way once in a while. It will pass. I usually do something that is realxing, but enjoyable. Usually hitting up some PS2 games with friends works or going to see a movie. Anything to take yourself away from reality for a while.

Happy Holiday's and best wishes.

T

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I have bad weeks too, just keep your chin up, and find something to look forward too.

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    Once there was a little old ant
    Thought he'd move a rubber tree plant

Everyone knows and ant
    Can't
    Move a rubber tree plant

But he had
    HIGH HOPES

He had
    HIGH HOPES

He had
    High apple pie
    In the
    Sky hopes

So any time your gettin' low
    Stead of letting go
    Just remember that ant

Opps there goes another rubber tree

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Try a year of psychotherapy. It might not make you feel better, but at least you'll understand why you feel so rotten . . .
    -Tock

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    batting cages bro....they always make me feel better......

Funny....you bros cheer me up a good bit when I feel this way. I know all of you feel the same way I do sometimes and as we all know misery loves company. Seriously, most of my days are good days, hell even the bad ones I can turn around too good and if not I can always find that silver lining to keep me moving forward. Just like now though it's these rare days when you realize all your shortcomings, wrong turns and self loathing that make you over analize your self value. I don't know.......it's like you feel you're ment for greater things.....yet each passing day you wonder or start to realize that greater things are not going to happen and that this life is what you are. I'm positive I'm just having my own little pitty party now and that in a few hours or couple of days I'll have forgotten all about this moment in time and be back to my carefree self.....but even then their is a little voice in the back of my mind that says "this is all there is and there is no more".

Thank you each for responding....it meant something to me.

Juggy, weird your last post is exactly how I have been feeling. B-day next week 39. And 40 is almost here. I always thought I would be "more " than I am . Just what I have no idea. So I have no way to guage my success. I'm shooting for being a good father and husband, that's tough enough! (At least for me)

If you feel that way again, come switch with me,

I'm paying 60% of my pay, between taxes SS and child support, is loads of fun.

And just think, I only have 5 or 6 more years of child support to go!!!!

Bigen, been there done that . Fought my ex (Satans right hand) in court for custody . Represented myself and won. Now I don't pay shiat! Man that was a good day!

Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    Bigen, been there done that . Fought my ex (Satans right hand) in court for custody . Represented myself and won. Now I don't pay shiat! Man that was a good day!
    I bet it was,

decadbal is offline Banned
    after my breakfast no.. i hate eating so many eggs

Spyder Guest
    i get that feeling too after i leave strip joints. what a tease life is for a few hours, and then i walk back into reality. how depressing.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Well Jugg, if it makes you feel any better, I'm about as truly 'sad' as they come right now. The next few weeks are going to represent the first xmas stretch of my entire life in which I'm going to be 'alone' on a real level. For the longest time, I had the traditional family xmas. Then my mother left. Then my father died and me, my bro and sis kind of went our separate ways. During that time however, my gf's family was in every sense of the term my family (not merely a "substitute family"). Being relatively newly single, I'll have aunts, uncles, friends, etc inviting me to all of their family xmas functions, but this is the first xmas in my life that I'm without a real sense of family and it's likely I'll end up spending it alone in my apartment playing whatever video game it is i'll but for myself.

So, in closing, if someone as perfect as myself can be down and blue, it's excusable.....

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    green, not to nose in, but why not spend christmas with the family of a close friend? maybe one of the chaps that knocked your teeth out.

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut
    Funny....you bros cheer me up a good bit when I feel this way. I know all of you feel the same way I do sometimes and as we all know misery loves company. Seriously, most of my days are good days, hell even the bad ones I can turn around too good and if not I can always find that silver lining to keep me moving forward. Just like now though it's these rare days when you realize all your shortcomings, wrong turns and self loathing that make you over analize your self value. I don't know.......it's like you feel you're ment for greater things.....yet each passing day you wonder or start to realize that greater things are not going to happen and that this life is what you are. I'm positive I'm just having my own little pitty party now and that in a few hours or couple of days I'll have forgotten all about this moment in time and be back to my carefree self.....but even then their is a little voice in the back of my mind that says "this is all there is and there is no more".

Thank you each for responding....it meant something to me.
    Hey Juggy,

I was gonna pm you but I figure this might be useful to everyone... A while back my pops told me he wwent through the same thing. He had all these feelings of doubt, insecurity, and unsatisfaction. He didnt know if the life he chose and the direction his life was going was what he wanted.... He went through those feelings for a while and eventually it began to affect his/our family....

My point is, my Father decided to see a therapist, psychologist. All he really needed was someone who knows what there talkin about to explain to him why he was going through all those feelings.... but you learn alot more then you bargain for.... type of person you are, why you make the decisions you do, why you think the way you think... it was like he came home one day a totally differnt person....

I dont know if this is a serious matter for you or not, but from my own experience, those guys can really help you solve some internal problems you might be having with yo self. You always have this board to talk of course, but sometimes it can be alot more influential to hear it from a professional.

just a suggestion brova... hope you feel better!!

Ya dig brova......

rambo is offline The Lord God
    So far in the past three months I've been hit by a car, flown to a friend's funeral, and currently have a lingering viral infection in my eye that's causing one of my corneas to swell. Sometimes I wonder why I get up in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    green, not to nose in, but why not spend christmas with the family of a close friend? maybe one of the chaps that knocked your teeth out.
    I'm going back and forth debating that one. I just have this lingering feeling that if I do this, I'll have the feeling all day like I'm encroaching on their traditions and whatnot. We'll see how it goes. And I actually haven't spoken to the guy responsible for the hockey stick to my mouth since high school...maybe ran into him once at a townie bar over break, but definitely not a 'friend' any longer.

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    Well Jugg, if it makes you feel any better, I'm about as truly 'sad' as they come right now. The next few weeks are going to represent the first xmas stretch of my entire life in which I'm going to be 'alone' on a real level. For the longest time, I had the traditional family xmas. Then my mother left. Then my father died and me, my bro and sis kind of went our separate ways. During that time however, my gf's family was in every sense of the term my family (not merely a "substitute family"). Being relatively newly single, I'll have aunts, uncles, friends, etc inviting me to all of their family xmas functions, but this is the first xmas in my life that I'm without a real sense of family and it's likely I'll end up spending it alone in my apartment playing whatever video game it is i'll but for myself.

So, in closing, if someone as perfect as myself can be down and blue, it's excusable.....
    If it makes you feel any better BigGreen, I wont have a christmas either. I have to work on christmas eve, christmas day and the day after. I likely wont even have time to make it anywhere to celebrate christmas outside of the office. Thats ok I'm sure it will be fun going around and reporting about how the homeless spend their christmas, this seasons unsafe toys, drunken mall santas and countless other worthless ass stories that air on xmas while no one watches and we waste our time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne
    If it makes you feel any better BigGreen, I wont have a christmas either. I have to work on christmas eve, christmas day and the day after. I likely wont even have time to make it anywhere to celebrate christmas outside of the office. Thats ok I'm sure it will be fun going around and reporting about how the homeless spend their christmas, this seasons unsafe toys, drunken mall santas and countless other worthless ass stories that air on xmas while no one watches and we waste our time.
    LMFAO...yes, that did make me feel much better. I'm sorry that it had to be at your expense, and to make up for it, I'll watch some of those useless stories on xmas eve.

Bros, really thank you each for your comments. It's not anything like I'm about to load a gun or drive my car off a cliff just a down day I guess. I know each of you have days like this that cause you to look into yourself and question the eternal question "why". Granted I'm an old bro compaired to most of you and it could just as well be a mid-life crisis I'm heading into but then again what the hell is a mid-life crisis and how the hell does one really know that is indeed what they are going through? My guess is it's just a blue day. I know for a fact I am a very blessed man.....I've known love and been in love, I've two beautiful children and each and every day of my life I'm thankful to wake up with the living...no doubt about it. But just like you I wonder......should I have made a left at albuquerque?

Rambo......hit by a car? I'll have to say that's like laying down a royal flush against my full house. Sorry to hear that bro....I hope you are all right.

BigGreen......bro you are not alone, don't sit in that apartment by yourself......go see someone....they'll be tickeled you came.

Vic, bigen, spyder, Heavyhitter, ChrisAdams, Deca , Swole, BLT (I love you too....the sandmich that is, haha), Daddy, Devil, Tock, Red, hung and NMS........seriously thank you each for your posts......you guys are the best.

Oh, and before I forget, Tock, I've thought a good bit about talking with someone like you and Heavy mentioned but I'm pretty sure anything he/she might observe about me I already know.....and for the record I don't hate my father and I don't want to have sex with my mother. hahahahaha

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Juggs, im sorry, Ill return your calls. No need for you to get like this *hug*

Quote Originally Posted by Maraxus
    Hahahahaha I'd take that hug if I wasn't so sure you'd grab my ass....perv.

I figured it was something like this........

Maraxus gets passed around like a bottle of Jack Daniels at a frat party, sorry Juggy. I thought you should know. lol!

Its just not going to workout bro...No need to take this to an openboard. If you wanna talk just PM me....OK Juggs? lol

Its just not going to workout bro...No need to take this to an openboard. If you wanna talk just PM me....OK Juggs? lol

Some one call the suicide prevention hotline, Maraxus is dropping Juggs, like a hot rock......

Old news, im off to BIGGER *ahem* and better things lmao.

Big any comment on this ? Which big is it? is it all of the Bigs? He is such a whore.

Big any comment on this ? Which big is it? is it all of the Bigs? He is such a whore.

I hope he isn't talking about me, Hell I would rip him in two.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    I hope he isn't talking about me, Hell I would rip him in two.....

pffffft in your dreams Nancy.

Bigen he's really stretched out, actually it's kinda gross.

Bigen he's really stretched out, actually it's kinda gross.

I'll listen to your first hand experience, and just stay away.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information