Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member

anyone bear hunt?

sup guys going bear hunting for the first time this weekend. we are going to the croatan national forrest in n.c. well the eastern part.. anyone ever been? we are also running dogs too. should be interesting.. i am taking a .444 marlin, which is a 44 magnum bullet plus an inch so it will drop something fast. plus i am taking a 12 with slugs..oh and my .45 just in case.

statuZ is offline Banned
    dimes goes hunting all the time, ask him if you have any hunting questions

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by statuZ
    dimes goes hunting all the time, ask him if you have any hunting questions
    Dont try and start arguements in completely different threads bro, no need for it.

Quote Originally Posted by MESSY_UK
    Dont try and start arguements in completely different threads bro, no need for it.
    thanx but i am confused now hahaha

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    sup guys going bear hunting for the first time this weekend. we are going to the croatan national forrest in n.c. well the eastern part.. anyone ever been? we are also running dogs too. should be interesting.. i am taking a .444 marlin, which is a 44 magnum bullet plus an inch so it will drop something fast. plus i am taking a 12 with slugs..oh and my .45 just in case.
    Why do you hunt? For the sport? I personally would only hunt for food... other than that i just think its cruel, pointless

Quote Originally Posted by MESSY_UK
    Why do you hunt? For the sport? I personally would only hunt for food... other than that i just think its cruel, pointless
    both.. i dont hunt much large game. i love duck hunting and other birds.

Surferboy is offline Associate Member
    I went black bear hunting up in Maine this past August. I used my 7mm. Beautiful country, and wildlife galore.

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    cant help ya bro, but i think decadbol just went bear hunting.... try askin him too!!

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Be carefull man, bears are tough!

Personally i wouldnt hunt if it wasnt for the food but i dont have a problem with it (if its not small goffers shoot with a 12g...), have fun!

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    ohhhh deca will wet himself over this thread, he loves hunting bears, although he never actually hits anything when he shoots.

muff-chaser is offline Associate Member
    i think that bear hunting would be fun. i have never been but it would be cool to hunt something that could possibly kill you. i take it that you are hunting for black bear. i would like to go hunting in alaska for grizzly bears or something, that would be cool. i would take something fully automatic that held alot of bullets!

Quote Originally Posted by muff-chaser
    i think that bear hunting would be fun. i have never been but it would be cool to hunt something that could possibly kill you. i take it that you are hunting for black bear. i would like to go hunting in alaska for grizzly bears or something, that would be cool. i would take something fully automatic that held alot of bullets!
    black bear. you dont necassarily need something with a lot of bullets, you need something powerful that will sit the mother ****er down with one or two shots.. i thing the .444 will do the job with 230 grain or 240 grain bullets

Quote Originally Posted by 1badcamaro
    ohhhh deca will wet himself over this thread, he loves hunting bears, although he never actually hits anything when he shoots.
    nice camaro

punk_bbuilder is offline Senior Member
    I mainly hunt beaver...

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    go with the 12g with hollow point sabbot slugs. They will blow a soft ball size exit hole in the bear.

decadbal is offline Banned
    yea bro, we go all the time, almost every weekend in western NC, and north ga for the last month. you dont need anything cept the 44mag. so dont waste time taking rifles. what kind of dogs are you gonna be hunting with? we have walkers and 2 pitts. when you fellars going.. its good to see some other ppl gettin into it. good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    yea bro, we go all the time, almost every weekend in western NC, and north ga for the last month. you dont need anything cept the 44mag. so dont waste time taking rifles. what kind of dogs are you gonna be hunting with? we have walkers and 2 pitts. when you fellars going.. its good to see some other ppl gettin into it. good luck
    what do the pitts actually do while hunting, do they find the bear or attack it or what, bears are vicous, I worked in yellowstone this summer, and saw one tear a 7x7 elk into peices, it was awesome

Peace
    ALex

pretty much keep it cornered, the walkers run it, the pitts keep up and whenever it stops they try to keep it cornered so itwill tree.

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Sounds like a blast.

Has the bear ever tried to hurt the pits? I have a pit and I think he would try to kill a bear, even though a bear would kill 10 pit bulls I would imagine, I mean one slap and a 250lbs man could die ya know?

Peace
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by ArkansasAlex
    Has the bear ever tried to hurt the pits? I have a pit and I think he would try to kill a bear, even though a bear would kill 10 pit bulls I would imagine, I mean one slap and a 250lbs man could die ya know?

Peace
    Alex

1 hit from the bear and the pit would make a trip to heaven.

Deca you have any pics?

Quote Originally Posted by palme
    1 hit from the bear and the pit would make a trip to heaven.

Deca you have any pics?
    And bears are not slow either, a lot faster than I expected, I got a chance to see a couple of them fairly close this summer, was intense!

Peace
    Alex

i have a pic of a pig we killed last year, no bears we killed afew but i dont have any pics of me with it. we have leather vests for the pits. yea a bear can kill one, or grab it by mouth and sling it a good 20ft in the air. we have lost a few and had to shoot a few that were hurt to bad to try to have healed up. sad day when u loose a $800 dog. makes u sad to bc you like em and have em since they are pups to.

i have a pic of a pig we killed last year, no bears we killed afew but i dont have any pics of me with it. we have leather vests for the pits. yea a bear can kill one, or grab it by mouth and sling it a good 20ft in the air. we have lost a few and had to shoot a few that were hurt to bad to try to have healed up. sad day when u loose a $800 dog. makes u sad to bc you like em and have em since they are pups to.
    I can imagine...

Up with the piglet

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    I think hunting with guns is for cowards.
    You should have some respect for animals you cant take down on your own.
    Especially predators, I dont understand how people have no regard of the power and beauty these animals have. The sad part is most people cant even understand that concept.

If you stood face to face to a bear you would probably soil your pants and cry for your mommy.....so instead you hide really far away and pull a trigger.
    Dont try to give excuses cuz thats the truth, hunters that use guns are cowards,
    If you have to use a gun then dont hunt.

...beaver hunting is much better

yeah we went to the croatan natl forrest outside of new bern north carolina.. its along the coast.. **** it was thick, swampy and flat out cold! but i had a blast other than the the fact that it was so thick we were 30yards from a bear and couldnt see the **** thing. we heard the dogs baying and raising hell but by the time we got closer the bear took off again deeper in the swamps.. i bet i walked 25+miles that day.. mostly in swamp water.. there were bears everywhere. there were signs out the ass.. oh and we had 2 plot hounds, two pitt-plot mixes and 2 walkers... **** good dogs. it was just hell getting through that ****.. do you guys use trackers? i assume that you do.

Quote Originally Posted by phwSSJ
    Especially predators, I dont understand how people have no regard of the power and beauty these animals have. The sad part is most people cant even understand that concept.

If you stood face to face to a bear you would probably soil your pants and cry for your mommy.....so instead you hide really far away and pull a trigger.
    Dont try to give excuses cuz thats the truth, hunters that use guns are cowards,

go somewhere else kid, oh and nice avatar.

seanw is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by phwSSJ

I am with you bro, it farking sucks killing animals like that. Makes me happy when I hear they get there own back every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by seanw
    I am with you bro, it farking sucks killing animals like that. Makes me happy when I hear they get there own back every now and then.
    **** hippies! its not easy guys. its not like we came home with a truck load of bear.. there is a web site for your kind here it is www.homogay-treehugginghippie.com hahahaha ENJOY!

praise the lord, who would think someone who worked out could be such a pussy... least you two queers found each other

praise the lord, who would think someone who worked out could be such a pussy... least you two queers found each other
    hahahahaha so did you go hunting this weekend deca ?

u know it, we treed a small one, so we let it go hoping to get the father sometime next weekend, but now for those two im gonna shoot every animal i walk past..cept our dogs

AMEN, what do you expect people to do, hunt a bear with a can opener? I have been fairly close, not face to face, but less than 50 yards from a bear, with nothing but my 60lb pack, and about 4 girls that where freaking out. I did ALMOST soil myself, but the question I have for this kid is, Have you ever been face to face with a bear, I would bet NO.
    If you have been then you would understand. And if I was a bear I would rather get shot, then get stuck in a trap untill I die.

Peace
    Alex

u know it, we treed a small one, so we let it go hoping to get the father sometime next weekend, but now for those two im gonna shoot every animal i walk past..cept our dogs

Where do you go hunting in Ga deca ?

Your not that far from me, I would love to join on a hunt sometime (probally not possible, but still would be an awesome experience)
    Alex

PS: I have always thought wild pig hunting would be cool, but never gotten the chance to try that either, so please post that pic you have of the dead pig

i drive to where i grew up in wnc. north ga ive gone a few times. if your ever this way let me know we wil take ya

A friend I met this summer ( I worked in YellowStone all summer, at Canyon Village) lives in NC somewhere, I might have to see if she lives close to where you guys go. That would be awesome.

peace
    Alex

i will deff go next season. wear some waitors too and be a little more prepared. that swamp was a bitch!

Hey Deca , what is the season where you hunt, I mean when to when, or is it an yearly season?

Peace
    Alex

it opens up 2 times a year, the days are diff just about the same time tho..www.ncwildlife.org

Cool, I am about to check that site out, and see when they are, what kinda weapons do you use? rifles or large pistols?....Alex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information