Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Got Gear? is offline Member

Cool Muscle cars and Muscle bodies.. any link?

Are any of you guys into muscle cars?

By muscle car I mean american V8 power, or turbo/supercharged cars..not a riced out honda civic.

I own a 1970 mustang grande. Lotsa engine/driveline work along with a healthy shot of nitrous.

OT: Wow.. 5 new threads in 15 minutes!

oak71 is offline Junior Member
    I have a muscle truck pushing 430 horses under the hood. Does that count.
    OAK

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Ya..talk about OT...lol

Nah...I'm into ESKOS,EXPOS,NAVI'S,TAHOES, AND YUKONS on hugeass ferris wheels. Bro, next time post this in General F. I will move it for you. Thanks man!

Strut99GT is offline Member
    Hehe, check the name. 99 Mustang GT, laser red, lots of bolt-ons.

PaPaPumP: Doh! Sorry bout that guy.. keep forgetting about the lounge. Thanks for moving this. And I hope you're joking about what vehicles you're into (where's that barf smilie?)? 4x4's and big ass rims just don't go together. Seen that pic from SEMA with the new hummer H2 on what must be 24" rims? Aweful!

Yes muscle trucks count also! 430Hp hey Oak? Whatcha got under the hood? And how the hell do you hook up? I own a truck, but it's a 85 GMC 3/4T 4x4 lifted 7" and with 38" tires. It's slow as hell!

Tedmax195 is offline Member
    Have a 1967 Camaro 454 CID with 500+ Horses this car rocks and i will post pics soon enough.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by Tedmax195
    Have a 1967 Camaro 454 CID with 500+ Horses this car rocks and i will post pics soon enough.
    Thats fuckin badass bro!!! It beats my 88 camaro. v-8 but only 305

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    When I was 18 I got a 1972 Pontiac Lemans - had the skirts for her and everything. I replaced everything from the front to the back. Awesome compression! I bought it from an old lady that didn't want it because it just sat in her garage, covered nonetheless . It was mint. I used to get people asking to buy it while taking her down the highway.

The best way is how we kept the stock stereo in place and built a new one into the glove box. We cut a square out of my buddies closet door to make it, his Mom was pissed! ... but it looked tight!

But then it happened... the pin in the master failed and it all went to hell. Couldn't find the right size pin and the car would refuse to brake unless you pushed really hard on the pedal. Then you would have to get out and pull the cover off and loosen the pin... man, it was a mess. Replaced the master cyclinder all the brake lines and the power booster... but still the pin would not seat.

But the good old days... now the boyz are all working on rice burners with career paychecks and the old carburated muscle wheels are rarely seen.

This is what the type I had (not her):

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Here is a pic of under the hood, again not the actual car. As many rice burner ethusiast can see you can basically fit a 12 pack in their while you are working on it But the problem was inbetween the master cyclinder (leaking in this photo) and the powerbooster (big round hooyaa next to the mc) in the upper right side next to the firewall.

(This guys engine needs some attention!)

unclebeets is offline Junior Member
    I'm into the old mucle cars as well, My dad has had a 69 GTO since new, just waiting till the day she's mine.

Thumbs up

Looks like you guys have/had some very cool cars!

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    Cool deal bro i have a 1965 mustang notchback. only thing i have a pick of is my dusty engine when it was basicly stock and just came outa retirement . Now i have the same motor plus about 150 horsepower (50 shot of nitrous). Im saving my money for either a 351w on spray or a 331 stoked 302 with a blower whichever one i can afford. After the swap i should be running 10 teens with it . hopefully my face will look like the kids in your avatar when i come off the trans brake
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Muscle cars and Muscle bodies.. any link?-small-engine.jpg  
    Last edited by RageControl; 12-14-2002 at 04:03 PM.

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    In the process of restoring a 1968 corvette convertable.

xxxl83

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    I got a 71 chevelle with a 355 and lots of nitrous. And a 2000 tahoe limited with a whipple charger . Nothing like seating for 7 and blowing past all those little imports
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

David B. is offline Member
    Most '60s musclecars I see these days are driven by fat, bald, old men.

--dnb

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Daily Driver is a 1996 Taurus SHO with the 3.4 V8... One day when I finally get up the extra $4000 she's getting a supercharger and extra exhaust work to make her really move...

Play car is a 1980 Corvette L48 4-Speed... I love this car but it's time for a full rebuild and alot of $$$....

I could drop $20,000 large in no time when it comes to my toys...

Plus I have dreams of buying and restoring a 1969 Mustang Coupe...

I need to hit the Lotto

Most '60s musclecars I see these days are driven by fat, bald, old men.

Thats what i love about the newyork street scene most guys are in there early 20's and some in there early 30's one of the fastest guys around is only 17 . Most young guys these days are into the rice junk its refreshing to see a few younger guys with real horsepower.

Personally i had my car since i was 16.
    Last edited by RageControl; 12-18-2002 at 08:25 PM.

manijak is offline Associate Member
    well I guess since I ain't mo big mofo ...can't drive a muscle car....
    that's why i have a 89 CRX HF with fully built b-18 ,greddy's blower squeezing 16 psi and a 30 hp spray shot to get the thing going while the turbo spoils up....
    Maybe the cars are like owners...little,low, rusted outside and eats up big boys on a regular basis.....hehehehhehe just like me.....

Originally posted by manijak
    that's why i have a 89 CRX HF with fully built b-18 ,greddy's blower squeezing 16 psi and a 30 hp spray shot to get the thing going while the turbo spoils up....
    That beats the hell out of mine, a '91 CRX Si, and it only has a ZC DOHC non-VTEC engine, no other mods. I can beat, uh, like, well, any stock CRX...

--dnb

Originally posted by manijak
    Maybe the cars are like owners...little,low, rusted outside and eats up big boys on a regular basis.....hehehehhehe just like me.....
    Sounds like it's actually packing some power!

Ever taken her to the dragstrip? What's your best times?

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    I'm with papapump, I'm into the big suvs because racing in seattle is very limited. I'd rather roll slow through the streets in my Tahoe.

Originally posted by Got Gear?

Sounds like it's actually packing some power!

Ever taken her to the dragstrip? What's your best times?

seen the 1/8 mile strip a few times ...keep having traction problems ,clutch slipping, lack of LSD, and a bunch of other crap....still the best run was 8.1 on 1/8 mile....

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    I've got a 1973 Ford Bronco restored with a 393 stroker fuel injected pushing in the mid 400's, and a 1995 Mazda Rx7 with an 80c.i rotary twin turbo with "a little" work pushing 385 h.p and a mid 11 quarter... sorry about the rice burner guys...

even tho im not into the rice rx7's are the shit! only because its a rotory and not some shitty 4 banger. Only fast imports around are rx7s and supras. Never forget the first time we took an rx on pkwy the thing just wouldnt stop winding out.

well talk about rotaries and that's a whole another world...the unbeatable fischer buggies (fastest bug on the world) got smoked by an rx-7 in Lakeland on the last Puerto Rico vs. US drag race....
    ricans have some baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad baaaaad rotaries bolted inside 84 and 86 toyotas smoking all the 5.0 ,camaros ,chargers and novas that showed up for the race.

BossDJ02 is offline Junior Member
    wow got gear!! i have a 70 stang coupe! i have a pic that i can post up but its huge. can someone helpe me out on resizing it?

bodyhard is offline New Member
    Not into muscle cars not that they don't look nice just not my style here is what I drive 2002 Mitsubishi Spyder
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Muscle cars and Muscle bodies.. any link?-car3.jpg  

bodyhard is offline New Member
    Another shot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Muscle cars and Muscle bodies.. any link?-car2.jpg  

Originally posted by MicrobioAM
    wow got gear!! i have a 70 stang coupe! i have a pic that i can post up but its huge. can someone helpe me out on resizing it?
    Cool! I wanna see!
    Can't help with the resizing, but go to www.clubphoto.com and get a free account, then post a link to your album.

TheGame826 is offline Member
    i had a 72 mustang that i was restoring with my father, it had a 429, with 370 horse, it was a mach 1, one bad ass car that was extremely loud. I sold it however right now i have a 94 camaro but its a v6 with 30k miles. But i cant stand the thought of having a v6 when it should be a v8 so im selling it within the next month or two, hopefully getting an older vette or a nice mustang gt. Oh yeah and my dad had a 69 camaro drag car, but he sold the car, we still have the engine however, its putting out over 700 hp and running 9s, lets see a ricer do that.

Hmmm... I didn't think you could get a 72 stang with a 429! Thought the biggest engine available in 72 was a 351C. OR was this a motor-swap? Easily done in those cars. Too bad you sold it, sounds like a mean car!

BTW: Did you know that in 1974, the you couldn't buy a mustang with a V8 at all? Biggest engine was a straight 6!

TheGame826 is offline Member
    yeah the 429 was a swap from an old licoln i think, noone would ever know the diffence though. the guy who had the car before i did swapped the engine so i never saw the 351w. and yeah those 74 mustangs were pretty bad, not to mention ugly.

Originally posted by Got Gear?
    BTW: Did you know that in 1974, the you couldn't buy a mustang with a V8 at all? Biggest engine was a straight 6!
    A straight 6 would never fit in a '74 Mustang II. The engine was an OHC inline four. Mustang II was just a Pinto in drag.

--dnb

Originally posted by David B.

A straight 6 would never fit in a '74 Mustang II. The engine was an OHC inline four. Mustang II was just a Pinto in drag.

--dnb
    There were 2 engine options. An OHC straight 4, and a straight 6 (or was it a V6?). Believe me, I used to own a 78 Mustang II. Tho it only had the 2.3L 4banger, my repair manual had all kinds of crap for the 6cyln engine. I believe it was a 3.8L. And if there's no room for the 6cyln, how they heck did they get the V8 in there?

And yeah, the Mustang II's wern't Fords best stang by a long shot. Sales in 74 were pretty remarkable tho.

Rotary is offline Associate Member
    rotaries are the ****....

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buff87
    Daily Driver is a 1996 Taurus SHO with the 3.4 V8... One day when I finally get up the extra $4000 she's getting a supercharger and extra exhaust work to make her really move...

Play car is a 1980 Corvette L48 4-Speed... I love this car but it's time for a full rebuild and alot of $$$....

I could drop $20,000 large in no time when it comes to my toys...

Plus I have dreams of buying and restoring a 1969 Mustang Coupe...

I need to hit the Lotto
    Man I love the SHO's.. My bro had 3 of them. A very under-estimated car. I never understood why they took away the manual option though.. I have a 1990 Integra woo hoo lol.. Actually with the few bolt-on's it doesn't go to bad.. somehow smoked a Celica GT the other day..the driver was crap... I also have a 1995 Camaro.. That's my baby... V8 of course.. Once I am done school I want to bore that engine out, replace the cam's and supercharge it!!
    Last edited by needmorestrength; 12-14-2004 at 09:15 AM.

RockSolid is offline Banned
    I got a LS1, baby.

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member

im into fasts car big time. nothing gets me going more ... but right now i drive a civic
    Last edited by Full Intensity; 12-14-2004 at 09:19 AM.

bc56f100 is offline New Member
    This is definitly what i love!! Im big into hot rods. Heres the list
    2002 Avalanche - daily driver
    1994 Camaro Z-28 Convertible - Carberated 383, nos pro shot fogger
    1989 GMC Sierra - Carberated 355 nitrous works plate kit
    1995 Camaro Z-28 - Hot cam full bolt on car
    1991 S-10 - Tunnedport 350
    1999 Camaro Z-28 - Full bolt on car, wrecked last week but in shop gettin fixed.
    1956 F100 - Fully custom 351w, in progress.

Heres a link to my convertible, it has a few shots of the others, but not all.
    http://members.cardomain.com/bc56f100

And a vid of me doin a little burnout (right click save as)
    Dont mind the name my buddy is to thank for that one. LOL
    http://members.cox.net/design/billygaysex.wmv

And a vid of me breakin the rear axle studs off at the track (right click save as)
    http://members.cox.net/design/STUD%20BREAK.WMV
    Last edited by bc56f100; 12-14-2004 at 10:28 AM.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Thats a lot of cars man lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information