Red face You know you had a good "legs day" when...

Well, this morning was "legs" day at the gym...

A truly satisfying leg and lower back workout (god d@mm I HATE doing deads!!!), the kind where you can barely walk when you're done.

I did all I needed, threw in some cardio on the bike for good measure, hit the showers, and then wobbled to my car. As I pull ouf of the strip mall where my gym is, this cop car pulls me over.

Cops tell me: "We were watching you stumble in the parking lot, we think you've been drinking" they make me step out and I can barely stand so they make me blow in the alcohol thiggny... I oblidge, obviously pass with flying colours and then proceed to explain to the cops it was "legs day"...

They sorta politely told me I was insane for doing that to myself and sent me on my way... (not that these cops would know a thing about working out, I think they weighed 220 lbs TOGETHER!)

I guess that qualifies as a good leg workout for me! So whats a good leg workout for ya?

Red

KeyMastur is offline VET
    must be a canadian thing to pull people over for bein drunk in the middle of the day.

statuZ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup

A truly satisfying leg and lower back workout (god d@mm I HATE doing deads!!!), the kind where you can barely walk when you're done.

I did all I needed, threw in some cardio on the bike for good measure, hit the showers, and then wobbled to my car. As I pull ouf of the strip mall where my gym is, this cop car pulls me over.

Cops tell me: "We were watching you stumble in the parking lot, we think you've been drinking" they make me step out and I can barely stand so they make me blow in the alcohol thiggny... I oblidge, obviously pass with flying colours and then proceed to explain to the cops it was "legs day"...

They sorta politely told me I was insane for doing that to myself and sent me on my way... (not that these cops would know a thing about working out, I think they weighed 220 lbs TOGETHER!)

I guess that qualifies as a good leg workout for me! So whats a good leg workout for ya?

Red
    **** i havent been this sore after a leg day since i first squatted, but now you got me jealous =(. I want a cop to pull me over cause i had a good leg workout! fvcker!

Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    must be a canadian thing to pull people over for bein drunk in the middle of the day.
    Well, my gym is in a strip mall right next door to a pub where the welfare crowd goes to drink my tax money... Now and then the cops sort of keep an eye on the drunkards leaving at all hours.

Red

calidude is offline Senior Member
    Well, my gym is in a strip mall right next door to a pub where the welfare crowd goes to drink my tax money... Now and then the cops sort of keep an eye on the drunkards leaving at all hours.

Red
    But if they saw you woble out of the gym, shouldn't they have known better? Unless you gym has a pub in it. S**t, mine only has an over priced juice bar.

Quote Originally Posted by calidude
    But if they saw you woble out of the gym, shouldn't they have known better? Unless you gym has a pub in it. S**t, mine only has an over priced juice bar.
    Hee hee no pub in my gym, heck not even a juice bar... it's a peehole gym in a sheethole neigbourhood.

As for the cops, I'd think they should have known better, if my walking out of the gym wasn't enough of a clue, maybe the gym-bag with the name of the gym silk-screened on it hanging from my shoulder could have been a clue...

Red

calidude is offline Senior Member
    Funny Stuff. Great story Bro.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    thats awesome

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Awesome story. For me, it's a good leg work out day when I hate to walk around to the back of my gym to get in my Z06, I make an old man sound as I drop into the seat. I try to pull out of the clutch easy and my leg gets the shakes. Or I go to stand on the brake at a light and get the shakes again all the way home.

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    lol thats funny..good thing cops arent that tight around here.. usually im walkin and stubbling for days at a time from legs..

lol thats funny..good thing cops arent that tight around here.. usually im walkin and stubbling for days at a time from legs..

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    That's unreal. When they pulled you over and heard you speaking coherently, they decided to give you a sobriety test strictly based on some clumsy walking? And I bet someone was getting mugged a few blocks away at the same time!

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Well it doesn't just happen in Canada Red. Leg day was Tuesday for myself.....for the past two days I can barely walk at all and this morning, while getting out of my truck...very, very slowly I might add, a policeman walked over too me and asked if I was drunk. I couldn't help it but a burst out laughing. Took me a good five minutes of explaining before he started to believe that I had only worked my legs lifting weights to this condition. Then I offered him a donut. hahahahaha

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member

Red
    Ok thats absolutly awsome!!! Dont forget everyone one Canadian beer and your stumbling hahah jj

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    A good Leg day?(that's every leg day)

Um.. after every set of squats i'm lying on my back next to the rack waiting for my training partners to finish their sets so they can take up my position on the floor while i do my set...repeat

At the end of the leg session..i lay down in the locker room and nap..Not really nap..it's that i start yawning somewhere in the middle of the workout due to the increased oxygen demand..so when i get up stairs (yes i have to walk upstairs AFTER leg-training) i just fall asleep in the changing room.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member

I did all I needed, threw in some cardio on the bike for good measure, hit the showers, and then wobbled to my car.
    gotta get you as my training partner Red

It's exactly that sorta after-training walk/stagger that stops people from training with me..They think i'm crazy

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    LOL!!!!! That's a great one bro!

~SC~

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut
    Well it doesn't just happen in Canada Red.
    He he he well at least I'm not alone!

Today is the dreaded "day after" leg day and woah... this morning I was walking like one of those "B" movies frankenstein, you know you did something right when the next morning you have to hold on to the bathtub and vanity counter when you sit on the toilet for your morning crap

Walking around all day at the mall has pretty well cured me though, had to get my xmas shopping finished and now, though I am still sore, I can walk and sit properly. Going up stairs is no problem, doing down on the other hand....

Narkissos ... Well, I figure if you can still walk after a leg workout, you're not training hard enough I also usually yawn like crazy and almost fall asleep (pass out?) in the hot shower after my leg workout.

63190 ... He he he you and my both bro! I sound like grandpa when I drop myself down in my car

Red

c_ville is offline Associate Member
    ahhaha good story, Red.

Today after my leg workout.. I went to go shoot some free throws.. i stumble to the line..go to bend my knees and i fall. lol. Hoping nobody saw what just happened... i grabbed my ball and tried walking to my car. I hate driving home after leg day.. it seems dangerous as hell. Feeling sick with the legs shaking is probably just as bad as driving drunk.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    i nearly fell down a flight of stairs on my way home from leg day once. I was walking got two steps down and my leading leg haddnt quite managed to keep up with my decent, i ended up grabbing the rail and stumbling down the last few. Alot of old grannies had a good old stare. I think they were more shocked then i was.

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    I walked out of my gym and hurled... not even close to yours...

Thread Information