Thread: bangers

radar1234 is offline Member

bangers

why do people feel the need to clang the dbs together at the top of their reps?wtf!!!!and it's always the guys with the 25lb dbs doing incline presses.
    whenever i see someone doing this i say to my gf,in a loud voice,"we've got a "banger".
    sometimes they stop and sometimes they don't.oh well....

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Sometimes i do it, theres probably alot of people who do it. I dont see any problem with it to be honest

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    I'm guilty of it. However I incline 60kg DB's (you work out the maths). Its easier to stop them like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MESSY_UK
    Sometimes i do it, theres probably alot of people who do it. I dont see any problem with it to be honest
    you go to the gym messy?your always on the computer

Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    I'm guilty of it. However I incline 60kg DB's (you work out the maths). Its easier to stop them like this.
    i hear ya.but excessive banging is just retarded!

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by radar1234
    you go to the gym messy?your always on the computer
    Ahh yes, stupid me. Im always on the computer. Sorry forgot that for a moment

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    i dont see anything wrong with it.. one of the gyms i go to has something called a lunk alarm... its really gay.. if you drop weights or grunt or so they make this weird alarm go off...i grunt all the time im yet to see this alarm go off..

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Banging once or twice every 10 reps is understandable but these guys hit every rep. Then they usually have to much weight so they just drop the dumbells on the floor because they can't control the weight.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by sooners04
    Banging once or twice every 10 reps is understandable but these guys hit every rep. Then they usually have to much weight so they just drop the dumbells on the floor because they can't control the weight.

I do both of those!. I don't only drop my weights on the floor, I fcuking bounce them off the ground. Believe me when you've hit failure on some heavy as hell DB's its the safer thing to do. Like I said, I incline 60kg DB's, I think thats about 140lbs each DB. At failure I'm not taking the chance of gentle putting those bastards down too gently.

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    When you put up a serious amount of weight I understand but the guys I see have like 55lbs in their hands.

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member
    i do it, but they are 125 er's so i hope thats ok with you. **** alot has been pissing you off latetly eh?

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    so your one of thoes guys who takes thier girlfriend to the gym..

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    so your one of thoes guys who takes thier girlfriend to the gym..
    she works out too.you got a problem with that?
    Last edited by radar1234; 12-18-2004 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    I do both of those!. I don't only drop my weights on the floor, I fcuking bounce them off the ground. Believe me when you've hit failure on some heavy as hell DB's its the safer thing to do. Like I said, I incline 60kg DB's, I think thats about 140lbs each DB. At failure I'm not taking the chance of gentle putting those bastards down too gently.

Oddly enough. I was lifting at college today and I'm using 100lbers doing nice reps on the incline and I drop them on the incline. This little twig that is supervising the place comes up to me with this bull**** "please dont drop them on the ground". I say well how about u just sit here and spot me... i got over to the 150lbers and start inclining this fockers and it took a ****load for me to do them and he grabs one of them when i'm done with my set and drops it right on the floor. I act like the biggest prick on earth and say "you shouldnt be dropping those". He just walked off. I can't wait to deadlift there.. NOthing like a bunch of 150 lbs surfer dorks spotting....

I think banging the dumbbells together takes away from the concentration of the movement. But when they're heavy I'll drop those fuc*ers in a heartbeat. This is bodybuilding here, we're not building model airplanes or at the library.

BDTR is offline Retired
    I bang dumbells, i slam them on the ground, i grunt and yell. No one has said anything though, because id probably just laugh at them and do it more.

decadbal is offline Banned
    i like gyms like that, like bdtr is talkin about, i dont like quiet ones where you can easily hear the radio, i like it loud, and heavy. i dont bang alot of wts, i but i like the sound, and i like the feel of a gym like that more than one which is quiet. but thats just me. on deads tho, i make a shiitload of noise

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    I bang dumbells, i slam them on the ground, i grunt and yell. No one has said anything though, because id probably just laugh at them and do it more.
    your a badass!!!!

Thread Information