Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shol'va is offline Productive Member

Steve Jobs Just Passed Away

Breaking news out of national TV says Steve Jobs creator of Apple Computer has just died of pancreatic cancer.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    He was a genius... anyone that could get people to buy an inferior product for double the price of any other smartphone is a genius in my books.

PK-V is offline Productive Member
    ^ lol

I wonder how much money he spent on trying to cure his cancer

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Wow. Just read it online. Good thing he went before the sales of the new iPhone came out because it's going to bomb.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I am bummed. I have been a fan since I bought my first Apple II. I watched Apple grow and Jobs get booted. I kept up on his efforts to build NeXT, which became the starting point for OSX and iOS. I was into 3d animation when he bought the Pixar Renderman rendering software and proceeded to turn Pixar into a production studio. I was psyched when he returned to Apple, and have continued to love their products. I own a design firm, so I have purchased more Apple machines than most, and have never been disappointed.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    buy apple stock tomorrow..

and

RIP..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Here is where everyone puts RIP like they actually care or know the guy. Sentimental shit.

I'd rather mourn someone that contributed to society in a positive way.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Creative genius
    Visionary
    Innovator
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

kif
    kif is offline Member
    Great business man, love my iPad, thanks Steve

mike954 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg
    Here is where everyone puts RIP like they actually care or know the guy. Sentimental shit.

? That's a retarded statement he helped create alot of what we all use today not just a phone mac came out with the mouse and jobs was doing shit before bill gates read a book

kif
    kif is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mike954 View Post
    ? That's a retarded statement he helped create alot of what we all use today not just a phone mac came out with the mouse and jobs was doing shit before bill gates read a book
    Hey mike not to mention that he is the creator of Font, when computers came out we could only type with block letters, he created all the different Font options we have today

kif
    kif is offline Member
    Hey mike not to mention that he is the creator of Font, when computers came out we could only type with block letters, he created all the different Font options we have today

mike954 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kif

This is true

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo

He will be deeply missed

Attachment 117153

He will be miss immensely

Flier is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kif View Post
    Yes...
    but doesen´t mean that if the Flintstones didn´t invent the wheel 6000 years ago, we would be riding horses today.

First thing struck me when I heard this morning was..
    All the money and resources in the world can´t stop the cancer cells when they decide it´s time to multiply.
    Ultimately money means shit, good health means vibrancy and life.
    How much would Steve Jobs pay right now to sit in front of a Mac Air with a cup of hot Java, watching the news, window open listening to the wind and birds, shooting the shit at Steroid .com.....?

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post

now how hasn't mr. jobs contributed to society????? i guess you fail to realize all the money he has given to different charities over his lifetime and what about apple?

appliance repair is offline New Member
    I like the valuable information you be offering to your articles. I can bookmark your weblog and feature my children test up right here generally. I am slightly positive they are going to be informed quite a lot of new stuff here than anybody else!

kif
    kif is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flier View Post
    Yes...
    but doesen´t mean that if the Flintstones didn´t invent the wheel 6000 years ago, we would be riding horses today.
    Well if were going to look at it that way, then we should start to discredit all the great inventors, I mean hell screw the wright brothers someone else would have invented the plane, and electricity maybe I would have invented that. I know for me Steve has made running my business much easier.

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Great business man! "Never stop searching for what you love" was his motto

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Genius, innovator, visionary. His brilliant contributions to technology will be missed!

PS - I usually agree with most of what Flagg says, but not this time.

And Hoggage, that was a dumbass statement - which product are you specifically referring to as inferior? The Apple/Mac that pisses on PC (ps - i'm a PC user and don't own a MAC, so i'm not biased in the least), the ipod which set the standard for modern portable audio devices, or the iPhone which all other phones have strived (and failed) to be like?

C'mon man...

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    and itunes? he did that too......changed how accessible music is to everyone all around the world....and music heals
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Well if were going to look at it that way, then we should start to discredit all the great inventors, I mean hell screw the wright brothers someone else would have invented the plane, and electricity maybe I would have invented that. I know for me Steve has made running my business much easier.
    Not discredit. Give credit, but I´m just saying it will happen regardless.
    Without the wright brothers we would still fly today (Da Vinci, old egypt).
    Electricety, yes, if not you, then me.
    Shopping cart, penicillin, Ab-roller, Dianabol , Microwave, Cell phone, Facebook....would all still be here without the original inventor.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54 View Post
    He was a genius... anyone that could get people to buy an inferior product for double the price of any other smartphone is a genius in my books.
    x2...hated his company and it's products, but theres no doubting that he forced the industry to get off it's ass and do something.

lifterjaydawg is offline Senior Member
    a true genius and visionary, he will definitely be missed. RIP

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    those crazy fvcks westbaro baptist church are going to picket his funeral. i hate them

Quote Originally Posted by Nooomoto View Post
    x2...hated his company and it's products, but theres no doubting that he forced the industry to get off it's ass and do something.
    Really bro? Damn! Another guy I respect and usually agree with! Strike 2!!!

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    We're haters...

kif
    kif is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooomoto View Post
    Hey bro I here a lot of people over the past few years say they hate Apple products but never explain what they hate about them. So just wondering what it is that you hate about Apple products? I'm not trying to pick a fight with you at all, I'm just curious to here why an Apple hater (and there are millions) hates Apple products.

Blog Entries
    Just before you die, you see your life pass in a Flash. Steve Jobs did not experience that. Apple does not support flash.

....is it too early?

Okay, my first post was a bit "raw" but I will explain why.

Some of you are acting as if Steve Jobs was your uncle, that he created the internet and that he created computers, all of which, is not true. I'd question how many people had even heard of Steve Jobs before 48 hours ago. How many of you even know who Steve Wozniak is?

Secondly, he DID NOT create the first Personal Computer! He capitalised on the first Personal Computer, and turned it into a consumer product.

Apple Products are not superior, and here is why. There is not one Apple product that can be customised. Apple products upgrade, WHEN APPLE SAYS SO. Thank's, but im sure most PC owners will agree that they prefer to customise their computer to how they want it. Never has a company like Apple had so much aggressive control over it's customers. The fact that you can't upgrade things like a Apple Mac, leads me to believe that has retarded the growth of technology.

The guy did nothing but demonise PC's and all the competition. Like Hoggage said, it's incredible how things like a Samsung, Blackberry, etc, can do everything a iPhone can, yet because it has a fvcking "i" in the front, it can be charged twice as much to Apple fan boys. I'm surprised they didn't make iConsole, because everyone would have bought that, even if it was 3 times the price of a 360 or PS3. What's the iPad, but a giant version of the iPhone, but because it's called "Pad" and has "i" in the front, we can charge 600 for that!

The guy was a marketing genius, i'll give him that. He pioneered the first GU Mouse. But to compare him to Edison and Einstein, as all the morons on Fb are doing, is a joke.

And we'll forget how the guy lied to the federal government, how he whored the legal system, and all the other dark shit. But we'll ignore that, because Apple make expensive, shiney looking crap that people have to have, because everyone else has it.

And yeah, iTunes, great. Encouraging the downloading of music and destroying the CD empire.

Im sorry, but there are greater tragedies in the world than the passing of a CEO. Im sorry for his family and friends, but that's it.
    Last edited by Flagg; 10-07-2011 at 03:44 AM.

Some of you are acting as if Steve Jobs was your uncle, that he created the internet and that he created computers, all of which, is not true. I'd question how many people had even heard of Steve Jobs before 48 hours ago. How many of you even know who Steve Wozniak is?

Secondly, he DID NOT create the first Personal Computer! He capitalised on the first Personal Computer, and turned it into a consumer product.

Apple Products are not superior, and here is why. There is not one Apple product that can be customised. Apple products upgrade, WHEN APPLE SAYS SO. Thank's, but im sure most PC owners will agree that they prefer to customise their computer to how they want it. Never has a company like Apple had so much aggressive control over it's customers. The fact that you can't upgrade things like a Apple Mac, leads me to believe that has retarded the growth of technology.

The guy did nothing but demonise PC's and all the competition. Like Hoggage said, it's incredible how things like a Samsung, Blackberry, etc, can do everything a iPhone can, yet because it has a fvcking "i" in the front, it can be charged twice as much to Apple fan boys. I'm surprised they didn't make iConsole, because everyone would have bought that, even if it was 3 times the price of a 360 or PS3. What's the iPad, but a giant version of the iPhone, but because it's called "Pad" and has "i" in the front, we can charge 600 for that!

The guy was a marketing genius, i'll give him that. He pioneered the first GU Mouse. But to compare him to Edison and Einstein, as all the morons on Fb are doing, is a joke.

And we'll forget how the guy lied to the federal government, how he whored the legal system, and all the other dark shit. But we'll ignore that, because Apple make expensive, shiney looking crap that people have to have, because everyone else has it.

And yeah, iTunes, great. Encouraging the downloading of music and destroying the CD empire.

Im sorry, but there are greater tragedies in the world than the passing of a CEO. Im sorry for his family and friends, but that's it.
    Well put.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    I refer you to Post #28.

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    Couldnt agree more Flagg, some billionaire CEO dies, Wonder if he had a vision of exploiting child workers in China. Or Apple banning charity apps on its iphone. He didnt invent alot of Apple products. He mearly bought other peoples ideas and sold them. Marketing genius, nothing more. Comparing him to eddison is a joke.
    Wow, the man who apparantly created font. Lets have a day of mourning FFS.

Will agree with this... I wouldn't put him in the league of a great inventor. Maybe specialized to technology, but to go down in history as such... no.

I have a couple of points about this. Firstly, the music industry and 'CD empire' had it coming. Shame on them, charging people $11-$15 for a damn product that costs them cents to make. Strong arming artists, etc. It was not a good industry by any means.

And what did Apple really do? Napster and the like started the toppling. Apple capitalized on something that was already in motion. It's the direction the industry was headed, post Napster. Again, vision and foresight. I don't blame Apple at all.

Agreed. Having said that, I don't think there's anything wrong with people wishing somebody, even if they don't personally know them, to RIP.

I want to reiterate that I am in no way, shape or form an Apple fan boy. I own an iPhone and a big old school iPod, that's it. I have friends who have Mac's, iPad's, etc but I'm not a huge Apple advocate. That said, i'm not a hater either and recognize what I consider a quality product.

Blackberry and other phones can do all the same stuff - but can they do it as well? Not from what I've seen. Every phone I've played with that's running Android, from Motorola to Samsung, feels choppy and far from smooth. There's something very polished about Apple products, and to me, that's worth something.
    Last edited by gbrice75; 10-07-2011 at 09:03 AM.

SAMS_DAD is offline Junior Member

Oh you mean like the passing of Zyzz? Jobs took on apple when there stock was 5 dollars a share, it's currently at 370 and is now the most successful company on wall street today.
    Jobs worked for a dollar a day for years until he re-constructed apple. Would you be that dedicated?
    you say he just capitalized off of other ideas that had already been produced. Well so did car companies, engineers, musicians, doctors, etc. Should we hate on him for having a vision and creative mind to produce more modern versions that just happened to blow away his competition? What % does the ipad currently hold right now, almost 70% of the market. I'd say his capitalism was a success. Or are we harping on the fact that he capitalized and you didn't?
    Jobs rescued pixar, re-established it, and sold it to Disney for a few billion dollars. I'd say the man was a success and inspiration to some.
    His ipod alone has sold enough units to supply everyone w/in the united states. Oh, and let's not forget he did this w/pancreatic cancer, a life span of 6 months for most after being diagnosed. Are we just hatin on a successful man?
    Last edited by SAMS_DAD; 10-07-2011 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Will agree with this... I wouldn't put him in the league of a great inventor. Maybe specialized to technology, but to go down in history as such... no.

I have a couple of points about this. Firstly, the music industry and 'CD empire' had it coming. Shame on them, charging people $11-$15 for a damn product that costs them cents to make. Strong arming artists, etc. It was not a good industry by any means. Yet it's okay for Apple to charge ludicrous prices for products that do the same thing as the competition?

And what did Apple really do? Napster and the like started the toppling. Apple capitalized on something that was already in motion. It's the direction the industry was headed, post Napster. Again, vision and foresight. I don't blame Apple at all. Vision maybe, but an innovator? Hardly. There is nothing original about Apple at all. Wozniak, Jon Rubinstein, Jonathan Ive, Tony Fadell, Michael Dhuey and Tim Wasko are the guys that "invented" stuff. Jobs just oversaw everything

Agreed. Having said that, I don't think there's anything wrong with people wishing somebody, even if they don't personally know them, to RIP.

I want to reiterate that I am in no way, shape or form an Apple fan boy. I own an iPhone and a big old school iPod, that's it. I have friends who have Mac's, iPad's, etc but I'm not a huge Apple advocate. That said, i'm not a hater either and recognize what I consider a quality product.

Blackberry and other phones can do all the same stuff - but can they do it as well? Not from what I've seen. Every phone I've played with that's running Android, from Motorola to Samsung, feels choppy and far from smooth. There's something very polished about Apple products, and to me, that's worth something.
    And just today, have I heard there is a MASSIVE GLITCH in the android software being used in iPhones that allows peoples personal information, compromised: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...723453610.html

Oh you mean like the passing of Zyzz? Jobs took on apple when there stock was 5 dollars a share, it's currently at 370 and is now the most successful company on wall street today.
    Jobs worked for a dollar a day for years until he re-constructed apple. Would you be that dedicated?
    you say he just capitalized off of other ideas that had already been produced. Well so did car companies, engineers, musicians, doctors, etc. Should we hate on him for having a vision and creative mind to produce more modern versions that just happened to blow away his competition? What % does the ipad currently hold right now, almost 70% of the market. I'd say his capitalism was a success. Or are we harping on the fact that he capitalized and you didn't?
    Jobs rescued pixar, re-established it, and sold it to Disney for a few billion dollars. I'd say the man was a success and inspiration to some.
    His ipod alone has sold enough units to supply everyone w/in the united states. Oh, and let's not forget he did this w/pancreatic cancer, a life span of 6 months for most after being diagnosed. Are we just hatin on a successful man?
    Is this your attempt at trying to shame me? Trying to make me feel guilty? I know all too well, what cancer does to people. You give Jobs way, WAY too much credit. He didn't invent shit. He capitalised on other existing products and marketed them very well. A great business man, he was no innovator. And to say he was like Eddison or Einstein is an insult to those guys.

Hey, if it wasn't for a caveman wrapping a banana leaf round his foot 30,000 years ago, would we not be wearing shoes? Perhaps we should have a moments pause for that innovator of a caveman too.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Hey bro I here a lot of people over the past few years say they hate Apple products but never explain what they hate about them. So just wondering what it is that you hate about Apple products? I'm not trying to pick a fight with you at all, I'm just curious to here why an Apple hater (and there are millions) hates Apple products.
    It stems from the attitude and sense of elitism that Apple has created around it's products. My extreme discontent for the company goes even further when it comes to it's gestapo-like tactics to keep the competition at bay.

I guess what really annoys me most is that there is an entire generation of Apple consumers who think that they are now tech-savvy because they have Apple products. Oh you have an iPhone? You must be "in the know"...don't have an iPhone? Well...why not? What these same people don't realize is that Apple has built it's success on making technology accessible to dumbasses. They've taken powerful functions of smartphones (which by the way were around way before Apple got in the game) and watered them down to colorful buttons. My problem is that these dumbasses now think they are legit techies, when they are the farthest thing from it. I've been in countless conversations explaining why I have a G1, EVO, Desire HD, Xoom, etc etc and not the Apple alternative.

I actually did own an iPhone 3G for a bit, because of a set of unfortunate circumstances which left me with 2 broken G1s (yes, I was in on the Android ground floor). It was an ok phone...but it was too stupid for me. I like playing with my electronics. At 16 I was an MCSE and going for MCDBA when I decided to take a different course in my life and made technology more of a hobby than a career choice. Anyway, the lack of the ability to do anything with the iPhone 3G customization wise was really annoying to me. It was a powerful piece of technology that had been dumbed down and watered down to keep the retards of the world from ruining their own phones and blaming it on Apple. One day my iPhone had a problem, the wire that connects the screen to the board had come loose, thus leaving me with no picture on the screen. I took it into an Apple store. The Apple "genius" that attended to me was a complete jack ass. He didn't even know how to soft reset the phone, I had to explain it to him. He was arrogant beyond all measure. He figured that because I have muscles I must be a dumbass. He then insisted that the problem was caused by my phone being jailbroken. Wow, really? Explain to me how jailbroken software came alive and decide one day on it's own to make my screen stop working? So after arguing with this fat slob for a good 40 minutes and giving him a lesson on the relationship between software and hardware, he goes in the back and fixes it...except he didn't really fix it. He comes back out. Screen works! Great! I walk out of the store and call my girlfriend. Uh oh...she can hear me but I can't hear her? Oh guess what...he screwed up the ear piece! I go back in, explain what happened...he insisted it was jailbroken software causing the problem. Again I tried to employ logic and explain that my jailbroken iOS software cannot up and decide "hey...**** your ear piece!"...I really think he just didn't want to fill another ticket out because it would lead to him having to admit he broke it. Unacceptable to him. Fine. I go home, call Apple and they send me to another store to get a replacement phone.

It's the whole pompous, arrogant air surrounding Apple that pisses me off. It's a cool kids club and the only way in is to buy their products. The best part is that these products are sub-par. The Samsung Galaxy S 2 has better specs than the iPhone 4S but you don't hear anything about it. Why? Because Apple has been going around suing the shit out of HTC, Samsung, Google and Motorola in MANY different countries in an effort to keep them from selling their products. If the company had products that were really superior this wouldn't be necessary. Apple has convinced people that their $600 phone, which really isn't that different from the $600 phone they released a year ago is SOOOO MUCH better...and everyone buys it.

So attitude...yeah. Then there's the gestapo corporate policies Apple employs. Suing a 16 year old kid who found white iPhone parts kits in the garbage and started selling them (Steve Wozniak bought one, actually), sending an Apple "security team" to some guys house in SF with the police department to find a "lost prototype" that they thought was there. Sending no less than 16 law enforcement agencies after a reporter who posted info about the "lost" iPhone 4 prototype that he had come across in his internet tech blog, they took his computers, drives, phones, etc etc. These are the things that make me really dislike Apple and it's products.

Apple's success comes from GREAT marketing, not superior products. It was only last summer that Apple finally allowed it's iPhone owners to change their backgrounds to a wallpaper instead of a black screen. How is that inno_vative? (For some reason this forum is censoring the word "inn0vative")

Whats hilarious is that I can run perfect clones of iOS (except more powerful) and Windows Phone 7 on my Android device. People can't figure out how I have iOS on an HTC phone!!! Mind blowing!
    Last edited by Nooomoto; 10-08-2011 at 09:20 PM.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    you knew him well, huh?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information