Palumbo Goes to Prison

For my boy HOP, his #1 Fan!

Palumbo Goes to Prison

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weightlifter Sentenced For Selling Fake HGH
    Palumbo Bought Counterfeit Drug From San Diego-Based Distribution Ring

POSTED: 11:25 am PST December 20, 2004
    UPDATED: 11:31 am PST December 20, 2004

SAN DIEGO -- A professional body builder who sold fake human growth hormone has been sentenced to five months in federal prison and five months of house arrest.

Dave Palumbo, of Long Island, N.Y., bought the counterfeit serostim from a San Diego-based distribution ring. Four other men, including a father and son from National City, have pleaded guilty.

Palumbo pleaded guilty in San Diego federal court in October to illegally selling 90 boxes of the fake hormone for about $63,000.

His lawyer argued in court Friday that the weightlifter and editor of RxMuscle magazine thought he was dealing with the real thing and injected some of the concoction himself.

Prosecutors say Palumbo appeared on national television as an expert on counterfeit hormone and should have known the difference between the real and fake versions of serostim, a hormone approved for use by underweight AIDS patients.

The fake serostim was made by an Oregon company for Ronald Nollett Sr. and Roland Nollett Jr., of National City.

Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press.

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    serves a scammer right.

Aboot is offline Banned
    "Prosecutors say Palumbo appeared on national television as an expert on counterfeit hormone and should have known the difference between the real and fake versions of serostim, a hormone approved for use by underweight AIDS patients."

That's a weird arguement for the prosecution to make. Not sure what they're point is?

Maraxus is offline Banned
    fcuking scammer

Aboot is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aXe
    serves a scammer right.

But even the prosecutors said that he didn't know that he was selling bunk stuff, i.e. he is not a scammer. He was scammed himself.

decadbal is offline Banned
    sucsk for him...i dont buy he wasnt scammin tho...its running ramant these days....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Aboot
    But even the prosecutors said that he didn't know that he was selling bunk stuff, i.e. he is not a scammer. He was scammed himself.

We don't know the whole story. Some will say he scammed, some will say he didn't. What I know is that people will do just about anything to make a buck.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Maybe...

But, what if he's saying that now, knowing he'll be out in like 5 months, and may want to dist. gear again... who knows?

"Prosecutors say Palumbo appeared on national television as an expert on counterfeit hormone and should have known the difference between the real and fake versions of serostim, a hormone approved for use by underweight AIDS patients."

That's a weird arguement for the prosecution to make. Not sure what they're point is?
    Seems like they are saying he was knowledgable enough to know it was fake, thus he could not plead ignorance.

spkmania is offline Associate Member
    POS scammer...

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    He'll now have the time to do REAL drug research and stop writing trash.

Aboot is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aXe
    Seems like they are saying he was knowledgable enough to know it was fake, thus he could not plead ignorance.

Yeah, I hear ya. Just seems like if they were to nail him they would have gone full throttle. I sound like I'm defending the guy, I'm not. I just don't believe that he's not dumb enough to get f*cked himself.

decadbal is offline Banned
    like a pro like him, whose used Gh doesnt know a fake..lol hes scamming, it sucks for his buyers

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Have fun in jail!

squatster is offline Associate Member
    he knew- Thay watched him for years according to musclear developement issue months back. He got busted months ago, I don't know how he still did seminars and gues poseing at shows. He must have ratted out a lot of people to get them privliges. This is only my thoughts on the rat thing, just can't figure it our. Can some one shed some light on this?

Quote Originally Posted by squatster
    he knew- Thay watched him for years according to musclear developement issue months back. He got busted months ago, I don't know how he still did seminars and gues poseing at shows. He must have ratted out a lot of people to get them privliges. This is only my thoughts on the rat thing, just can't figure it our. Can some one shed some light on this?
    It's like flex said, once you hear the DEA is interested in you, the've had you on file for at least 7 years already.

workdude is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    like a pro like him, whose used Gh doesnt know a fake..lol hes scamming, it sucks for his buyers
    I agree...scammer...

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    I agree scammer. they can get him for felony AS distribution or something like that cause it was fake so they got him for fraud. Kinda scary you could sell someone Valvoline in a vial and get off cheaper than selling the real thing. At least the real think won't kill you. Messed up IMO.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    No, the prosecutor is insinuating that since he's an expert on counterfeit hormones he knew the difference and knew what he was selling.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    5 months for 63,000......sounds like he got a hell of a deal! And a Fed pen! Well, at least he can work on his golf game. hahahahaha

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    I see, went over my head. Even an expert can't tell w/out lab testing. No one can look at something and say it is legit. Unless he had it tested I can't see it holding water.

He had to give people up for that sentence now he's a scammer and a rat. His best bet woulda been to say yeah I calim to be an expert but this was a scam. Maybe he coulda been a man about it and not ratted and ended up w/ a similar sentence.

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    For my boy HOP, his #1 Fan!

Palumbo Goes to Prison

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weightlifter Sentenced For Selling Fake HGH
    Palumbo Bought Counterfeit Drug From San Diego-Based Distribution Ring

POSTED: 11:25 am PST December 20, 2004
    UPDATED: 11:31 am PST December 20, 2004

SAN DIEGO -- A professional body builder who sold fake human growth hormone has been sentenced to five months in federal prison and five months of house arrest.

Dave Palumbo, of Long Island, N.Y., bought the counterfeit serostim from a San Diego-based distribution ring. Four other men, including a father and son from National City, have pleaded guilty.

Palumbo pleaded guilty in San Diego federal court in October to illegally selling 90 boxes of the fake hormone for about $63,000.

His lawyer argued in court Friday that the weightlifter and editor of RxMuscle magazine thought he was dealing with the real thing and injected some of the concoction himself.

Prosecutors say Palumbo appeared on national television as an expert on counterfeit hormone and should have known the difference between the real and fake versions of serostim, a hormone approved for use by underweight AIDS patients.

The fake serostim was made by an Oregon company for Ronald Nollett Sr. and Roland Nollett Jr., of National City.

Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press.
    Hang this guy and any other scamer by thier shruken nutz.

needle is offline Senior Member
    wow thats shocking!!!

palme is offline Rosie Member
    ****ing scammer!

Thread Information