OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member

Google search....

Has anyone googled their screen name from AR....Man every forum iv ever joined comes up....errrrrr I guess i should delete my account on amateur teen sluts....

OG

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    by the way even if you delete your accounts on various forums, and even delete the posts google will still display the links, as they will be cached. google caches sites for 6 months, thats about the time it takes their bots to crawl the web and update its search engine.

Quote Originally Posted by MESSY_UK
    by the way even if you delete your accounts on various forums, and even delete the posts google will still display the links, as they will be cached. google caches sites for 6 months, thats about the time it takes their bots to crawl the web and update its search engine.

hahaha...i know Messy i was only joking.....Just so you know, i work for a search engine positioning company so i know how it works. By the way its called a spyder not a "bot"

OG

Quote Originally Posted by OGPackin
    hahaha...i know Messy i was only joking.....Just so you know, i work for a search engine positioning company so i know how it works. By the way its called a spyder not a "bot"

OG
    bots, spyders, same thing, there is no generic term as different companies/organisations call them different things, googles bot/spyder is called "Google Bot".. so...

l6873 is offline Associate Member
    More like 1-2 months.

Googlebot, MSNBot, Nomad, Inktomi Slurp, Alexa (IA Archiver) to name a few

Quote Originally Posted by l6873
    More like 1-2 months.
    So incorrect

bots, spyders, same thing, there is no generic term as different companies/organisations call them different things, googles bot/spyder is called "Google Bot".. so...

I guess you missed the part where i said i work for a search engine positioning company. We do business with every major search engine thats out there. So i wont argue with you and just say your wrong....

OG

I guess you missed the part where i said i work for a search engine positioning company. We do business with every major search engine thats out there. So i wont argue with you and just say your wrong....

OG
    Lol dude im not doubting you. But google calls its crawler "GoogleBot" lol

So incorrect
    So correct.

This is my bot report for my site for this month so far...

This is my bot report for my site for this month so far...

What does that prove?

What does that prove?
    Lol that they are called bots, plus if you are referring to the cache thing, the 6 months i said was quoted to me by google when i was enquiring about website submission.

More like 1-2 months.
    Ok, based on google searching 8,058,044,651 sites and taking 2 months it would have to search 1554 sites a second to complete it.

Google is good, but it aint that good!

Lol that they are called bots, plus if you are referring to the cache thing, the 6 months i said was quoted to me by google when i was enquiring about website submission.
    Google does call theirs a "bot" yes, but the industry standard is called a "spyder" thats what i meant without going into symantics. I was really saying you were wrong about the listing length of time. Once your web site has been spydered/botted(lol) and indexed unless you make changes to the source of your web site you should always have a listing. The only thing that will change is your position...

PM me the link to your web site and tomorrow i will run a report for you with your positions...

OG

PS.....Stop hijacking my thread....lol

Google does call theirs a "bot" yes, but the industry standard is called a "spyder" thats what i meant without going into symantics. I was really saying you were wrong about the listing length of time. Once your web site has been spydered/botted(lol) and indexed unless you make changes to the source of your web site you should always have a listing. The only thing that will change is your position...

PM me the link to your web site and tomorrow i will run a report for you with your positions...

OG
    Yea bro i was referring to the time it takes to update the WHOLE web, or at least the sites that are already listed. Obviously as you know it can never actually finish as new sites are being added all the time.

Depending on how much the bots () are searching your site, it can show the update in a matter of days

PS.....Stop hijacking my thread....lol

sorry lol

Yea bro i was referring to the time it takes to update the WHOLE web, or at least the sites that are already listed. Obviously as you know it can never actually finish as new sites are being added all the time.

Depending on how much the bots () are searching your site, it can show the update in a matter of days

Ohh ok bro. Sorry i misunderstood what you were saying then...My bad! Search engines are VERY picky. Id say over 90% of web sites are not optimized correctly to receive a search engine spyder that crawls the whole site. The more pages that a spyder can crawl from your web site means the more pages that will be listed.

OG

Ohh ok bro. Sorry i misunderstood what you were saying then...My bad! Search engines are VERY picky. Id say over 90% of web sites are not optimized correctly to receive a search engine spyder that crawls the whole site. The more pages that a spyder can crawl from your web site means the more pages that will be listed.

OG
    Quite a high %!

decadbal is offline Banned
    yea, its strange, i feel famous

weightshead is offline Associate Member
    Ok, based on google searching 8,058,044,651 sites and taking 2 months it would have to search 1554 sites a second to complete it.

Google is good, but it aint that good!
    actually im guessing they dont just go through a list, more popular sites are more likely spider'd more often (higher pagerank?)

i know for a fact a 2 consecutive changes i made to the same page on wikipedia.com both made their way into the cache within the space of 4 weeks.

besides 1500 sites a second is well within the realms of feasibility considering the size of googles server farms and collective bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by weightshead
    actually im guessing they dont just go through a list, more popular sites are more likely spider'd more often (higher pagerank?)

i know for a fact a 2 consecutive changes i made to the same page on wikipedia.com both made their way into the cache within the space of 4 weeks.

besides 1500 sites a second is well within the realms of feasibility considering the size of googles server farms and collective bandwidth.

It could take anywhere from a couple of weeks to months to get spydered and indexed. Unless your doing some sort of pay per click program. Its all about the $$.

OG

Thread Information