View Poll Results: Who wins the Orange Bowl????

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oklahoma

19 57.58%
  • USC

14 42.42%
  • I have no idea! Its too close to call!

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    SwollSooner315 is offline Junior Member
    lol

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    my money will be on OU...

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by 9000rpm
    Wow, that looks like you wrote it down a few times just to practice it before you typed it. Then even when you typed it, it still sounds stupid. You are a real winner.
    Nah just once, and before you go calling people stupid I would reread some of your posts, einstein......You obviously have no knowledge of college football, or anything else for that matter.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Aww man, this is simply tits....seeing you all argue about this and now we have momma jokes involved...well, I am not going to get into this pissing contest...OU sucks red neck ass and USC will win the game.....*keeping fingers crossed....

JDawg....the game will decide our faith brother....we still have the #1 recruiting class...if you talk to your boy before the game tell him I said good luck...

Fight On!

SwollSooner315 is offline Junior Member
    yeah u better keep ur fingers crossed.....do u have an OU avatar picked out yet???

One more day....

Quote Originally Posted by SwollSooner315
    yeah u better keep ur fingers crossed.....do u have an OU avatar picked out yet???
    Yes I do.....it it going to look pretty next to your name! I can taste the citrus juice now....you know, instead of beer I may have to drink Screw drivers!

Any thoughts on auburn/va tech? Auburn's defense looked really good. The late score fixed some of the cosmetic pain va tech suffered. Throughout the night va tech couldn't do much of anything against Auburn.

Who cares who wins it, Auburn is the best team in the nation and would destroy either of these teams. And it is just plain sad and disgusting that 90% of the sportscasters also agree that Auburn is hands down the best team in the nation, but they are still not in the championship game.

The BSC is total bull$hit and needs to be disbanned.
    Yup, they sure proved it tonight. Auburn looked good, I give them that, but they are nowhere near as good as you claim. USC and Oklahoma have much better defenses thatn VT. I dont know how you could still think Auburn is the best team in the nation......

9000rpm is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goodtobeapimp
    Any thoughts on auburn/va tech? Auburn's defense looked really good. The late score fixed some of the cosmetic pain va tech suffered. Throughout the night va tech couldn't do much of anything against Auburn.
    That last score by VA tech was simply because Auburn was playing very conservative and just trying to end the game. Auburn played very conservative and safe in the whole 4th quarter. If a persone didn't watch the game and they simply saw the score, they might think it was a close game. But Auburn dominated VA tech defensivily.

Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536
    Yup, they sure proved it tonight. Auburn looked good, I give them that, but they are nowhere near as good as you claim. USC and Oklahoma have much better defenses thatn VT. I dont know how you could still think Auburn is the best team in the nation......
    Sorry man, I still see Auburn as the best team in college right now. We will see what happens tonight though. I'm predicting OU wins by 2 TD's.

from what I saw of the Auburn game...had that kid made the field goal then the game would of been tied...I think Auburn is a good team...but I do not think they were that strong to be National Champs.

But it was a good game...they dominated until the interception in the third. The VT got a second wind...

Interesting outlooks...One opinion about Auburn. I don't think either Usc or Oklahoma could blow them out. Which is a positive,and could lead to a victory on any given day. It's unfair to say if va tech would have made the field goal it would have been tied...Could have would have should have....The first two drives from auburn were ridiculous looking and SHOULD HAVE scored 7,but they didnt.

Both teams tonight have seroiusly high expectations. Anything less then a hell of a game is going to leave some people with their feet in their mouth... Remember Usc beat Michigan last year 28-14...Michigan definitly wasn't an Oklahoma or LSU caliber team either.

Mov is a horrible way of identifying a better team. This is one of the biggest faults I see in the AP polls along with outright favoritism. Teams match up differently which is why I agreed with jdawg in his a>b b>c therefore a>c analogy. That's like saying if the game isn't decided by at least two touchdowns tonight then there is no outright national champion. Which very well SHOULDN'T be the case, but last year seriouisly screwed it up.

Interesting outlooks...One opinion about Auburn. I don't think either Usc or Oklahoma could blow them out. Which is a positive,and could lead to a victory on any given day. It's unfair to say if va tech would have made the field goal it would have been tied...Could have would have should have....The first two drives from auburn were ridiculous looking and SHOULD HAVE scored 7,but they didnt.

Both teams tonight have seroiusly high expectations. Anything less then a hell of a game is going to leave some people with their feet in their mouth... Remember Usc beat Michigan last year 28-14...Michigan definitly wasn't an Oklahoma or LSU caliber team either.

Mov is a horrible way of identifying a better team. This is one of the biggest faults I see in the AP polls along with outright favoritism. Teams match up differently which is why I agreed with jdawg in his a>b b>c therefore a>c analogy. That's like saying if the game isn't decided by at least two touchdowns tonight then there is no outright national champion. Which very well SHOULDN'T be the case, but last year seriouisly screwed it up.
    very well put...

Sorry man, I still see Auburn as the best team in college right now. We will see what happens tonight though. I'm predicting OU wins by 2 TD's.

Thats ok, theres a word for that. It's called bias. 16-13 over #9 VT sure convinced me.........

Quote Originally Posted by Butch
    Aww man, this is simply tits....seeing you all argue about this and now we have momma jokes involved...well, I am not going to get into this pissing contest...OU sucks red neck ass and USC will win the game.....*keeping fingers crossed....

JDawg....the game will decide our faith brother....we still have the #1 recruiting class...if you talk to your boy before the game tell him I said good luck...

Fight On!
    2 1/2 hours til crunch time......I hope to see one helluva game!

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Don't really care who wins but I have $500 on OU.

Slick Arrado is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by groverman1
    Don't really care who wins but I have $500 on OU.

With $500 on the line, I'd be REALLY CARING about that team winning.
    Last edited by Slick Arrado; 12-27-2008 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Made a mistake!!

It's on....

Obviously untrue. The only reason the USC is ranked where they are now is because of their previous season. They did nothing this year that warranted their top ranking. Yes they were undefeated, but against a season full of mediocre teams. they only reason they weren't taken out of their top ranking is because most voters will not drop a team a position if they continue to win.

At least say thank you for the gift USC was given this year. They definetely don't deserve it.
    Yes indeed. Thank you for the gift of the hands down best team in the country. Good thing the pac 10 is a piece of **** and they made it through undefeated, or else they would have to have had to lay the smackdown on the entire midwest as well.

Wow, I was somewhat wrong about OU. OU should not be in this game at all. They are getting their asses handed to them right now and it's just disgusting that they are playing in the national championship game. OU's secondary is doing nothing to stop USC's passing. That definetely wouldn'thappen against Auburn. USC wouldn't even be able to throw to Carlos Rogers' side of the field. USC would definetely have a much more difficult time with the number one defense in college this year,....oh, that's Auburn's defense. AU's defense has the lowest average allowed points per game this year.

On a side note, did anyone hear that ****ty Ashley Simpson get booed after her crappy performance at halftime.

Now back to football, if USC continues to blow out OU, I have a feeling that Auburn will be voted into the #2 spot for the final standings. I still think it is funny how all the announcers keep hinting that Auburn would have been a much better competitor in this game.

Now back to football, if USC continues to blow out OU, I have a feeling that Auburn will be voted into the #2 spot for the final standings. I still think it is funny how all the announcers keep hinting that Auburn would have been a much better competitor in this game.
    where do you hear commentators hint that? And USC would own Auburns offense too. They are hands down the best team in the country, admint you were wrong....

What a game...tonz... Props to USC where they are do..Flat out assbeating. I don't know what Oklahoma team showed up,but it wasn't the same team I watched during the year. Regardless of the dumbass plays by white or the bonehead choices ...USC flat out beat them in all aspects of the game. Great team...It doesn't change my outlook on the conference jdawg lol...but what can you say... Impressive...

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    USC is straight blowin out Oklahoma. Not much else to be said.

Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536
    where do you hear commentators hint that? And USC would own Auburns offense too. They are hands down the best team in the country, admint you were wrong....
    I did admit I was wrong, OU sucks. I give USC credit though, they are giving OU a bit*h slapping. But as I said before, AU's #1 defense would stop them in their tracks. Did you not listen to the comentators during halftime talking with Tubberville? They did everything but come out and say that it should be AU there instead of OU. Can you not read between the lines?

Congrats to USC on the win. But too bad there's not a +1 game implemented this year. Then you would be congratulating Auburn on the National Championship.

What a game...tonz... Props to USC where they are do..Flat out assbeating. I don't know what Oklahoma team showed up,but it wasn't the same team I watched during the year. Regardless of the dumbass plays by white or the bonehead choices ...USC flat out beat them in all aspects of the game. Great team...It doesn't change my outlook on the conference jdawg lol...but what can you say... Impressive...
    I'm in total agreement. USC has OU's ownership papers after tonight, and they brought their A game. But I still feel the PAC 10 is a weak conference.

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Do you really not understand waht I'm saying here? Are you that blided by the ****tyness of USC? Get it through your head, USC blows, and they are going to get owned by OU, which is not much better than USC.
    where u at??

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    I did admit I was wrong, OU sucks. I give USC credit though, they are giving OU a bit*h slapping. But as I said before, AU's #1 defense would stop them in their tracks. Did you not listen to the comentators during halftime talking with Tubberville? They did everything but come out and say that it should be AU there instead of OU. Can you not read between the lines?

Congrats to USC on the win. But too bad there's not a +1 game implemented this year. Then you would be congratulating Auburn on the National Championship.

Auburn??
    Your foot is far enough in your mouth bro, no need to shove it in farther. No split #1 this year

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    OK, let the second guessing start yet again. USC beat the team they were up against in the better of the two bowl games for the second year in a row. Obviously the BCS is a flawed system. And because of it people second guess them being the best team in the country. If a shalacking like tonight didn't show they were the best team, what more could they have done throughout everything they have done this season to show they were the best team in the country?

yeah you said the same thing about Oklahoma.....

lol, who voted after the game was over....

Man this is awesome....did all you Auburn fans forget what USC did to them last year...and we had pretty much the same players minues Kolbert and Williams. USC would of probably kicked the sh*t out of Auburn...AGAIN!!!

You all need to admit that USC is the best and there is no one that can beat them...end of story!!!!!

FIGHT ON!!!!

FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member
    Bump. Don't even start with that Auburn could have beat USC ****. They would have gotten bitch slapped just like OU did. They might could have kept USC under 50 points though. USC #1 Back to Back titles. Next year, especially if Lienert returns, just give them the trophy preseason. Its gonna be a threepeat.

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    I was at the game and sat 10 rows behind the OU band. The band director was acting like they were up by 50 points through the whole game, or at least through the 3rd quarter when I left. USC rocks. . . Miami would have beat 'em, though.

I'm ordering my season tickets this week...whoo wee! Man, this is going to be awesome...the past few years (except for last year) I was always able to scalp tics...not anymore....besides I figure since I went to the school I might as well contribute money to it! Man, I cannot wait...did you hear we just picked up the #1 HS QB...second year in a row we have done that...Petersen wishes he picked USC now!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Butch
    did you hear we just picked up the #1 HS QB.
    I thought nothing was official until February. Oh, and congrats to USC: You've more than earned this.
    Last edited by Slick Arrado; 06-02-2006 at 05:11 PM.

First of all, USC's defense is far better than Auburns. Second, I wasnt watching the commentators at half time. Those guys are there to commentate, they are not that well qualified to do much other than that. If you listen to what the analysts say, they also agreed that Auburn should have been in the orange bowl. And they also agree that USC is a much more complete and talented football team. Im not taking anything away from Auburn, you guys are the undisputed second best team in the country, congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by FRANK WHITE
    Bump. Don't even start with that Auburn could have beat USC ****. They would have gotten bitch slapped just like OU did. They might could have kept USC under 50 points though. USC #1 Back to Back "AP not BCS" titles. Next year, especially if Lienert returns, just give them the trophy preseason. Its gonna be a threepeat.

Just a little clarification for you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information